IGNORED

Manchester City home game - slow ticket sales

ChippenhamRed

5 hours ago, myol'man said:

More than 14,000 tickets have been sold for the second leg on Tuesday, January 23.

Given that tickets have been on sale to the two biggest and most enthusiastic priority groups, that’s a desperately disappointing number. I understand the reasons and the reluctance but I’m still hugely surprised.

If there’s a lot of general sale interest in the two days before the 1st game, then season ticket holders and members risk missing out altogether, or at least finding themselves in a mad scramble for tickets with no guarantees of success if we’ve somehow sneaked a draw in the first leg.

25 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

I'm giving it a miss. Can't stand another night full of gloryhunting day-trippers.

Not sure we are big enough for football tourists just yet, as for day trippers? How long do you go down for? 

Man Utd barely made general sale, so would have been mainly ST holders and members.

100% it will sell out. Just maybe take a little time whilst people get their finances together.

It's just everyone is struggling this time of year especially when most shelled put for United game, and Reading and Wolves and then Villa away And 7000 of us have purchased away tickets and then there is the travel expenses etc, put all that together and it's been a bloody expensive month to be a City fan.

On 01/01/2018 at 17:08, Robin TBW said:

Works the same the other way. Serves non-season ticket holders right for not buying a season ticket...

I'd love a season ticket,but with work & other "life commitments" I would be unable to get to approx half the home games..

Still think I should buy one???

15 hours ago, Rednwhiterob said:

I'm giving it a miss. Can't stand another night full of gloryhunting day-trippers.

I agree. The atmosphere Vs Manchester Utd was rubbish!

Its not like we are getting over 20k crowds regularly at the moment. 

I’m surprised half the crowd could even find the stand they were sat in..!

2 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

I'd love a season ticket,but with work & other "life commitments" I would be unable to get to approx half the home games..

Still think I should buy one???

Without being pedantic, yes.

If you go to half the games anyway, POTD, then it works out costing you pretty much the same and gives you priority for in demand games. 

Plus you’ve then got the option of going to the other games if you can. 

7 minutes ago, phantom said:

We are one group ahead compared to the Utd game

image.png

image.png

So sales for the United game reached 14.5k from STH alone, and this time we've only reached that number after tickets have been on sale to 4+ members for 3 days!  The club must surely be surprised by this.  I know I am.

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

So sales for the United game reached 14.5k from STH alone, and this time we've only reached that number after tickets have been on sale to 4+ members for 3 days!  The club must surely be surprised by this.  I know I am.

Agreed but the sales period has been shorter.

6 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

It's a shame but I suspect many many people are waiting to see what happens on Tuesday.

Win and this tie will sell out...lose badly and I doubt we'll get above 20,000.

I agree that must be what people are thinking.  But if we somehow claim a draw at the Etihad, there is going to be an almighty scramble for tickets on Tuesday evening with the potential for some very commited fans to miss out!

I wonder when people might blink.  Say we're 1-0 up at half time by some miracle, will people jump in then?!

23 hours ago, cityboy said:

Naively, when booking a holiday abroad, I only checked to make sure I wouldn't be missing a home league game. I should have thought about it being the league cup semi finals week really, since we traditionally do really well in the cups..

That's nothing. We booked a holiday last September for a nice week away in May. Based on last season the play offs didn't even register with me, but you can guess what happened. Back for the final though. 

7 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Exactly how committed are they if they are waiting until after the result on Tuesday to buy a ticket for the home leg?

A fair point, but we know that a lot of STH haven't bought which already shows a certain level of commitment before you even consider away game attendance.  The point being that in a mad rush for tickets, STH will have lost their priority and could end up losing out to first timers who've never even been to Ashton Gate!  But, that's the risk a lot of people appear willing to take.  Make no mistake, any sort of result on Tuesday night and the tickets will be gone within 30 minutes of the full time whistle.

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I would suggest they expected Man city to be less popular than Man Utd - for Man City they are only selling home tickets in the Atyeo when all other tickets have gone, but I don't remember such a restriction for the quarter final? 

I still think tickets will sell out (barring restricted views etc) before the first leg. 

1 hour ago, The Horse With No Name said:

That's nothing. We booked a holiday last September for a nice week away in May. Based on last season the play offs didn't even register with me, but you can guess what happened. Back for the final though. 

A mate`s done the same and he`s away for the final too but might just scrape the first leg in the semis depending on when (and where) it is.

Archived