IGNORED

Manchester City home game - slow ticket sales

ChippenhamRed

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

A fair point, but we know that a lot of STH haven't bought which already shows a certain level of commitment before you even consider away game attendance.  The point being that in a mad rush for tickets, STH will have lost their priority and could end up losing out to first timers who've never even been to Ashton Gate!  But, that's the risk a lot of people appear willing to take.  Make no mistake, any sort of result on Tuesday night and the tickets will be gone within 30 minutes of the full time whistle.

I am aware that there were several season ticket holders in the Dolman for the Man U game trying to claim their usual match day seat even though they had left it too late and their seats resold. Some even approached stewards waving their season cards to try and get people removed. Can see the same happening again...

1 minute ago, TMWANG50 said:

I am aware that there were several season ticket holders in the Dolman for the Man U game trying to claim their usual match day seat even though they had left it too late and their seats resold. Some even approached stewards waving their season cards to try and get people removed. Can see the same happening again...

Isnt that the problem with tickets loaded to cards etc?

You can get a seat elsewhere, get it loaded to a card which has your normal season ticket seat and enter with that. No proof of having booked another ticket unless the club actually checked.

7 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

I'd love a season ticket,but with work & other "life commitments" I would be unable to get to approx half the home games..

Still think I should buy one???

Again, you're not long at the context in my post. Look at what I replied to. 

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

It will sell out no problem, can't believe people are even debating it. Obviously less of a glamour tie than the other half of Manchester but will still sell out in minutes when it makes general sale.

If it really does sell out within minutes of making general sale, then those waiting for the first leg result won’t be going, because general sale starts on Monday. That’s the gamble people appear to be taking.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

If it really does sell out within minutes of making general sale, then those waiting for the first leg result won’t be going, because general sale starts on Monday. That’s the gamble people appear to be taking.

Really don't understand that mentality though, chance to see City at home to probably the best team in the world, and potentially beat them?

12 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I know several floating fans who came to the Stoke and Palace games who will be straight on to it on Monday morning. 

Sell out before kick-off Tuesday defo

5 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I agree that must be what people are thinking.  But if we somehow claim a draw at the Etihad, there is going to be an almighty scramble for tickets on Tuesday evening with the potential for some very commited fans to miss out!

I wonder when people might blink.  Say we're 1-0 up at half time by some miracle, will people jump in then?!

So committed that they haven’t bought tickets before the first leg..?!

2 hours ago, AshtonPark said:

Isnt that the problem with tickets loaded to cards etc?

You can get a seat elsewhere, get it loaded to a card which has your normal season ticket seat and enter with that. No proof of having booked another ticket unless the club actually checked.

I believe, tho never tried it, that if you select a different seat then the option to load onto a card isn't available. 

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

Really don't understand that mentality though, chance to see City at home to probably the best team in the world, and potentially beat them?

Yes a fantastic team but in reality how many of their first team will start at AG.

I have my tickets and will be going regardless but it is a reasonable assumption that the tie is likely to be over after the first leg.

That being the case Pep will field a team of first team squad members and kids. 

If there is still doubt over the outcome he will probably start the same team but with some of his big players on the bench should the need arise to bring them on.

5 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Yes a fantastic team but in reality how many of their first team will start at AG.

I have my tickets and will be going regardless but it is a reasonable assumption that the tie is likely to be over after the first leg.

That being the case Pep will field a team of first team squad members and kids. 

If there is still doubt over the outcome he will probably start the same team but with some of his big players on the bench should the need arise to bring them on.

No I totally agree, even if we manage to get a result in the first leg I think Pep will still play his U23s and second string. 

Even then, it's a chance to beat Manchester City. How often does that come around?

2 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

No I totally agree, even if we manage to get a result in the first leg I think Pep will still play his U23s and second string. 

Even then, it's a chance to beat Manchester City. How often does that come around?

I agree fella, still a game you would want to be at.

I notice Pep was whinging about the number of games played over Xmas in the press today!

3 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

I agree fella, still a game you would want to be at.

I notice Pep was whinging about the number of games played over Xmas in the press today!

Tell him to come back when they've just been shagged by Aston ******* Villa!

Just bought mine with no issue. Got in the queue about 0930, 1000 came around and I was placed 421st in the queue and was all done by 1015. What was different to the Man Utd game was that I could see the entry for Man Utd in the fixture list once I was logged in as a member but the Add button was greyed. This time the Man City entry was completely missing from the fixture list prior to being able to join the queue.

9 minutes ago, WelshRobin said:

Just bought mine with no issue. Got in the queue about 0930, 1000 came around and I was placed 421st in the queue and was all done by 1015. What was different to the Man Utd game was that I could see the entry for Man Utd in the fixture list once I was logged in as a member but the Add button was greyed. This time the Man City entry was completely missing from the fixture list prior to being able to join the queue.

It only becomes visible when you have the buying rights i.e. 10am today I am assuming

Today should be the day that all members can purchase tickets anyway:

Priority Three

All remaining members, should any tickets remain. One ticket per member.

Members include:

Forever Bristol
Bristol Rugby 2017/18 season card holders
Bristol Flyers 2017/18 season card holders 
Bristol City Women 2017/18 season card holders
Lansdown Club members

The sales period will run from Thursday, January 4th at 10am until Monday, January 8th.

Please note, sales on Thursday, January 4th will be online only. The Supporter Services phone lines – 0117 963 0600 – will open from 10am on Friday, January 5th.

1 minute ago, WelshRobin said:

I think I actually got in a different way this time. I was logged in as a member, went to this page 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/tickets-memberships/

Then clicked on the Tickets button for the Man City game. It then put me into the queue.

Still get the same result a greyed out button, unless all of the tickets sold out in the 10 minutes I was in the queue.

2 minutes ago, Redman91bcfc said:

I've been to home games this season, but only recently purchased the membership so haven't purchased a home game with the membership...yet

That shouldn't be an issue today as the priority is for anyone with membership, assume you already know that anyway!

What you can do though is give the ticket office a call and get them to link your previous home game purchases to your new acquired membership - however this should not be preventing you from buying for Many City today.

Archived