IGNORED

Freddie's Back!

WhistleHappy

6 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

He isn't cup tied.

Rule 15 (g): "A substitute who does not play in a match is entitled to play for another Club in the Competition in the same season."

5 minutes ago, Bristol_South_End said:

Nearly beat you!

You two will get yourself banned from OTIB, with all that facts nonsense! ;)

1 minute ago, Alessandro said:

Would be interesting if one or two others had a chance...maybe a few of Plavotic, Akpobire, Lemonheigh-Evans or Holden.

Fancy Lemonheigh-Evans to be on the bench at least.

10 minutes ago, swanker said:

A player who couldn’t get a game for Cheltenham. I bet Watford are pooing their pants. 

Well he's scored a cracker against them, and put in a great performance, already.

So yes I'm sure they actually are concerned. 

9 minutes ago, swanker said:

A player who couldn’t get a game for Cheltenham. I bet Watford are pooing their pants. 

Yes, let's hope they take us lightly again, just like the League Cup game in August when Hinds scored a 20 yard belter and played his part for over an hour in an excellent display by a City reserve side...

On the other hand, another cup run is the last thing we need, so perhaps not.

30 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

The problem is that, if we are going to rest or rotate players, the obvious players to come in are

Steele

Vyner

Whichever senior defender draws the short straw

Magnússon

Kelly

Bakinson

Eliasson

Taylor

Woodrow

Engvall

Hinds

Buggered if I know how to turn that into a coherent team...

With a gurt big stick, I think....

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

To be honest I couldn’t care less about the FA cup this season . The squad is stretched enough as it is , we don’t need more games. 

Agreed. Might be the only game this season I'm happy to get beaten in. Good performance from the kids, give them a game, not the end of the world if we lose, they get more minutes if we win. No lose situation.

29 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

The problem is that, if we are going to rest or rotate players, the obvious players to come in are

Steele

Vyner

Whichever senior defender draws the short straw

Magnússon

Kelly

Bakinson

Eliasson

Taylor

Woodrow

Engvall

Hinds

Buggered if I know how to turn that into a coherent team...

I hope that's not far off the selection.

Perhaps Wright, as club captain, will volunteer to play at CB.

Lemonheigh-Evans and Garita were both on the bench against ManU so perhaps they'll be involved.

And there's still time for a new signing or two!

3 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

I'd quite like to win the match at Watford - life will seem empty with no cup matches to look forward to after we win the League Cup in February otherwise

Being a bit serious - obviously the League Cup and League are great but I've paid for a ticket and, whilst it's quite easy for me to get to Watford, there will be a number of City fans who put time and money into making the journey. I'm happy for us to rest players and I actually would be keen to see players like Bakinson, Eliasson, Vyner and Engvall get time on the pitch BUT I hope we don't just chalk the game off completely - it'd be a bit frustrating to turn up and find the club have no intention of progression...

4 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Bristol City to be the first club to win 5 times at Wembley in the same calendar year?

Play the kids but I'd still love a win

Hang on. League Cup Final. FA Cup Final. Play Off Final. Charity Shield...then what?

Edit: forgot they play the bloody FA Cup semis there now.

On that, were we to draw Spurs away in a latter round of the FA Cup that was not the semi-final - then it could be 6.

God it's easy to get carried away

Archived