IGNORED

Manchester City

Aberdeen Pete's Dad

19 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

We beat them 1-0 in one of the earliest games I can remember at the Gate. My hero Chris Garland scored the winner and the scenes in the Park End resembled the Wild West to me.

Fair to say that game over 40 years ago left quite an impression on me. Always liked Man City since then. 

Wasn't that the game where their manager, Ron Atkinson, said pre match, that Bristol City were not fit to tie their boot laces. The Greenun put a picture on its front page showing Garland celebrating the goal with a bubble coming out of a floored Man City player saying , my boot lace has come undone

Great days 

10 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Didn`t we draw with them 2-2 on a Friday night back in the Div 1 days? IIRC Norman Hunter scored a screamer down the open end and Chris Garland got the other?

That rings a bell, probably the following season, 77/78?

3 minutes ago, Grey Fox said:

Wasn't that the game where their manager, Ron Atkinson, said pre match, that Bristol City were not fit to tie their boot laces. The Greenun put a picture on its front page showing Garland celebrating the goal with a bubble coming out of a floored Man City player saying , my boot lace has come undone

Great days 

That rings a bell too. Alan Dicks' side managed to put a few Billy Big Bollox's in their place around that time! 

1 hour ago, City Rocker said:

We beat them 1-0 in one of the earliest games I can remember at the Gate. My hero Chris Garland scored the winner and the scenes in the Park End resembled the Wild West to me.

Fair to say that game over 40 years ago left quite an impression on me. Always liked Man City since then. 

If that was the game in November 1979 (and I think it was) that was one of my earliest City games (my first was v Bolton, about a year earlier). I'd have been in the schoolboy's enclosure in front of the Dolman. 40 or 50p back then!

1 hour ago, Grey Fox said:

Great days 

Ron Atkinson never managed Manchester City!

2 hours ago, Grey Fox said:

Great days 

That was their captain, Mike Doyle.

3 hours ago, Aberdeen Pete's Dad said:

Manchester City have never won at Ashton Gate

P 11 W8 D3 L0

They have never won a league match at Ashton Gate, but have won in a cup game.

Incidentally, Chelsea are in the same company, never having won a league match at City. 

Six easy points if we ever get to the Prem?

On ‎06‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 23:17, cidered abroad said:

They have never won a league match at Ashton Gate, but have won in a cup game.

Incidentally, Chelsea are in the same company, never having won a league match at City. 

Six easy points if we ever get to the Prem?

And helpful in the Final ??????????????????

Archived