IGNORED

Vyner Kelly Edwards Lemonheighs Engval.

Alberto

Thought today that Edwards and Lemonheighs done themselves no harm today, But Vyner and Kelly showed they are not ready. I'm not putting them down but they did not make the most of there opportunity. Im slightly gutted as i hoped today the young ones would  of stated a claim to show LJ and the fans they were ready, but I felt that did not happen. As for Engval I thought he deserves his chance. Twice denied, looked to be chopped from behind on the first occasion and then denied a penalty for staying up by the ref because he was honest and stayed up. A massive improvement on Woodrow.

Feel free to disagree

1 game won't show whether or not a player is ready. LJ and the coaching staff see them in training every day, if they think Vyner and Kelly are the closest, then they're probably the most likely to be challenging for a place in the first XI.

5 hours ago, Alberto said:

Thought today that Edwards and Lemonheighs done themselves no harm today, But Vyner and Kelly showed they are not ready. I'm not putting them down but they did not make the most of there opportunity. Im slightly gutted as i hoped today the young ones would  of stated a claim to show LJ and the fans they were ready, but I felt that did not happen. As for Engval I thought he deserves his chance. Twice denied, looked to be chopped from behind on the first occasion and then denied a penalty for staying up by the ref because he was honest and stayed up. A massive improvement on Woodrow.

Feel free to disagree

Agree re Kelly , but I thought vyner did ok. 

Lemonheigh did ok but seemed a bit of the pace.

I'm not sure why everyone thinks Edwards did ok. Thought he was very lightweight and ineffective going forward. Ok covering back though. 

Everyone of them was better than elliason and Woodrow though, who were both terrible

I though Kelly was better than Vyner, but both not as good as the League Cup match v Watford.

Evans looked comfortable on the ball, didn't mind getting stuck in against some mud larger players, but I think was hampered by the lack of quality around him.

Edwards looked like a smaller Junior Bent. All pace, no strength but tracked back superbly a number of times.

Woodrow was worst player on the pitch closely followed by Eliasson. 

Won't comment on yesterday as I wasn't there , but it would have been a lot harder than a normal game for the young lads.
Normally you would get one debut or one youngster playing and the experience all around can ease them into the game and system.  I would even put Eliasson into the youngster bracket for a little while longer as he settles into the league. Usually he would have a defender behind him giving advice and maybe a CM and even a striker all helping by offering themselves or by telling him where  to go/run/stand. 
Add to that the opposition are a decent Prem side, big and strong and I think anyone that stood out deserves great credit. Good experience for all, and would probably show them what they need to do to step up.

3 hours ago, grifty said:

I though Kelly was better than Vyner, but both not as good as the League Cup match v Watford.

Evans looked comfortable on the ball, didn't mind getting stuck in against some mud larger players, but I think was hampered by the lack of quality around him.

Edwards looked like a smaller Junior Bent. All pace, no strength but tracked back superbly a number of times.

Woodrow was worst player on the pitch closely followed by Eliasson. 

A smaller Junior Bent !!!

I don't think that's possible. 

It would be like having a fœtus in the team .

3 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Won't comment on yesterday as I wasn't there , but it would have been a lot harder than a normal game for the young lads.
Normally you would get one debut or one youngster playing and the experience all around can ease them into the game and system.  I would even put Eliasson into the youngster bracket for a little while longer as he settles into the league. Usually he would have a defender behind him giving advice and maybe a CM and even a striker all helping by offering themselves or by telling him where  to go/run/stand. 
Add to that the opposition are a decent Prem side, big and strong and I think anyone that stood out deserves great credit. Good experience for all, and would probably show them what they need to do to step up.

I would agree with you , as I posted , that team were like lambs to the slaughter.

Maybe LJ thought that Watford would make a load of changes as well but against that team we were always going to have a mountain to climb .

Something just tells me that LJ wasn't too motivated for an FA cup run .

6 hours ago, grifty said:

but I think was hampered by the lack of quality around him.

And the lack of anyone around him! Thought he was left isolated, with two out and out wingers, and Smith who I thought looked pretty disinterested, followed by Pack who was a little better, the poor lad was totally outnumbered by the whole Watford midfield. Showed some good touches but no support.

Archived