IGNORED

Favourite chants over the years?

15 hours ago, Champion Dung Spreader said:

So many good songs to choose from. Don't think anyone has mentioned "we love you Johnson because you're fat and round, we love you Johnson you bounce around the ground, we love you Johnson, trust in me when I say ..." Reprise. Nice sleazy tune, easy to sing - remember singing it on freezing cold, Winter evenings in the East End. Probably one of our most tuneful renditions (no real high notes). We used to belt it out - proper loud.

As mentioned on a previous thread, maybe it can be resurrected with amended lyrics.

New Version

We love you Johnson

Youre only 5ft 3 

We love you Johnson 

Youll take us to the Europa League 

We love Johonson

Trust I me when I say....

repeat 

What strikes me is how many chants mentioned on this thread are about giving someone a hiding, rather than about Bristol City. I've often felt that this is one of the biggest barriers to the whole of AG joining in, as the vast majority of people don't want to sing about how their Dad is a **** and how he can **** off.

My biggest issue is the line about the gas in 'Drink Up'. Liverpool don't sing about Everton in 'Never Walk Alone', West Ham aren't slagging off Millwall in 'I'm forever blowing bubbles', so why do we sully a great Wurzles song with their name?

4 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

A short-lived favourite

There's only one Martin Woolford

One Martin Woolford

He used to be SHITE

But now he's ALRIGHT

Walking in a Woolford wonderland.....

I love this. That dink vs Cardiff

18 hours ago, mattjtsmith said:

As if you've not been asked enough questions this week....your message got me thinking. How well do the players hear the songs whilst focussed on the game, do they talk about them in the changing rooms etc? Always wondered what it's like if you don't like your own chant for example! 

It's no problem. You definitely hear it if it's your name being sung. Players don't tend to talk about the songs but in my opinion every football player gets a rush of confidence when 10-20,000 people are singing your name. I've been quite blessed throughout my career as I've always enjoyed the songs sung about me. Especially when they tend go something like "Michael McIndoe he's the greatest player ever ever ever..!" :rofl2br::rofl2br:

1 hour ago, Michael McIndoe said:

It's no problem. You definitely hear it if it's your name being sung. Players don't tend to talk about the songs but in my opinion every football player gets a rush of confidence when 10-20,000 people are singing your name. I've been quite blessed throughout my career as I've always enjoyed the songs sung about me. Especially when they tend go something like "Michael McIndoe he's the greatest player ever ever ever..!" :rofl2br::rofl2br:

Haha, interesting. You'll be glad to know that in between my message and your reply I googled your chants. This forum thread should give you a few giggles (A lesson in OTIB 'expect what you said 10 years ago to be seen by the players themselves')

6 hours ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

New Version

We love you Johnson

Youre only 5ft 3 

We love you Johnson 

Youll take us to the Europa League 

We love Johonson

Trust I me when I say....

repeat 

this is the best I can think of:

"We love you Johnson you drank Mourinho's wine, we love you Johnson you bounce along the line, we love you Johnson trust in me when I say ..." Repeat ...

On 07/01/2018 at 22:00, Die Hard Red said:

Back in the old days when we weren’t so snowflake precious about being called ‘Bristol’, we used to chant ‘Brrristol’ (clap clap clap) from the East End and I fekkin’ loved it. Sadly nowadays we seem to just always whine and moan about commentators calling us ‘Bristol’ and the magnificent chant is long gone. 

I remember it sporadically in late 90s and maybe a bit later. Not for years though!

Another I recall- isn't elaborate or grand, but can get crowd going a bit.

C then everyone shouts C

I then everyone shouts I

T then everyone shouts T

Y then everyone shouts Y

Everyone in unison "CITY" *clap clap clap* "CITY" *clap clap clap* 

Rinse and repeat

10 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I remember it sporadically in late 90s and maybe a bit later. Not for years though!

Another I recall- isn't elaborate or grand, but can get crowd going a bit.

C then everyone shouts C

I then everyone shouts I

T then everyone shouts T

Y then everyone shouts Y

Everyone in unison "CITY" *clap clap clap* "CITY" *clap clap clap* 

Rinse and repeat

Copyright of Man's head.....!

Funny chant back in the east end, remember definitely singing against reading at home when we were awful and losing most weeks:

let's pretend, let's pretend, let's pretend we scored a goal... cue everyone going mental and the usual surge of netters heading towards the away fans!

One that popped into my head today, and maybe appropriate given our good form;

We're going to Division one ( now Premier League) we're going to the top.
We're better than United and we're louder than the Cop.
Our name is Bristol City and we play at Ashton Gate,
So come on all you City fans and sing and celebrate !
la la , la la la la etc !!

What about this one from back in the day... Sorry if mentioned before 

I hear the sound... Clap clap clap.. Clap clap clap..

Of distant bums... Clap cc... Ccc 

Over there, over there (rhythmic arm waving/pointing)

And do they smell Ccc Ccc 

Like f......g hell Ccc Ccc 

Over there over there.... 

If my memory serves me right!!!

Back in the day when we had to play in the shite league the Gas are currently in, we beat Grimsby 4-1. I still find the chants that day hilarious: “you’re shit and you stink of fish, you’re shit and you stink of fish...” and “come in a trawler - you must have come in a trawler, come in a trawler - you must have come in a trawler..”. 

Thank god we don’t have to play Grimsby anymore. 

33 minutes ago, LilRascal said:

Back in the day when we had to play in the shite league the Gas are currently in, we beat Grimsby 4-1. I still find the chants that day hilarious: “you’re shit and you stink of fish, you’re shit and you stink of fish...” and “come in a trawler - you must have come in a trawler, come in a trawler - you must have come in a trawler..”. 

Thank god we don’t have to play Grimsby anymore. 

Why it’s a lovely place...

and the local ladies are easy on the eye :yawn:

Not terribly original to start with , if totally correct ;

He's here , he's there , he's every ******* where Gerry Gow , Gerry Gow .

Which then became a classic to City after the club asked us to tone down the language.

"  He's here, he's there , we're not allowed to swear , Gerry Gow , Gerry Gow " 

City fans at their best .

:clapping:

Archived