IGNORED

Favourite chants over the years?

On ‎07‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 22:51, Offside said:

Ah yes, that Johnson song was a good one.

There was also the “Johnson says Warnock is a ****” chant from around that time.

It had other lines.

Johnson said Warnock is a**** x3

Johnson said get behind the team x3

Johnson said bounce around the stand/ground/pub x3

Ysc Lions school of filth came up with many of the ditties on this thread.

Never more vulgar  than this

Chopra Chopra you are ******* ****

born a****

die a****

you are a ******* ****

it would now be

you are naughty man for 2018

11 hours ago, LilRascal said:

Back in the day when we had to play in the shite league the Gas are currently in, we beat Grimsby 4-1. I still find the chants that day hilarious: “you’re shit and you stink of fish, you’re shit and you stink of fish...” and “come in a trawler - you must have come in a trawler, come in a trawler - you must have come in a trawler..”. 

Thank god we don’t have to play Grimsby anymore. 

In bygone years, though not that long ago, teams that played Grimsby at Blundell Park were given a crate of fish! This unique custom stoped when the fishing fleet disappeared. All we’ve got nowadays is LJ paying £450 for a bottle of wine to share with Jose, who didn’t drink it anyway. 

On 1/9/2018 at 17:34, Robin Ashton said:

Get into them...

And **** them up! And the bloke in your avatar usually followed suit!

No mention of Millia Vanilli on here? No idea where it came from, but that was fun back in the day. I'm all for Tom Thumb making a comeback too

Was it Orient away, back in that fateful season where the G*s pipped us to the league, late in the season, kick off delayed at their place and thousands of us chanting 'bring on the Champions'. Sure it was Orient? We were wrong, but that felt good at the time

55 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

And **** them up! And the bloke in your avatar usually followed suit!

No mention of Millia Vanilli on here? No idea where it came from, but that was fun back in the day. I'm all for Tom Thumb making a comeback too

Was it Orient away, back in that fateful season where the G*s pipped us to the league, late in the season, kick off delayed at their place and thousands of us chanting 'bring on the Champions'. Sure it was Orient? We were wrong, but that felt good at the time

I recall it at varied times- not really since the redevelopment though!

The last time we got relegated, when it became clear that all was lost, there was obviously a depressing attitude in the East End (for a short while). Then a new song started and it was amazing how the mood lifted:

"Johnsons Paint on a Tuesday night, Johnsons Paint on a Tuesday night ..." It went on for ages and seemed to bring closure to the season, even though it wasn't the last game. It was good to look forward and showed great community spirit by getting us to think back to good times we had in the lower leagues - genius who ever thought of it :clapping:

Galley,  Galley

I'll go a million miles for one of your goals  John Galley.

Doin' the East End boot walk ( Im a bow legged chicken and a knock kneed hen.....)

On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 08:13, Major Isewater said:

Not terribly original to start with , if totally correct ;

He's here , he's there , he's every ******* where Gerry Gow , Gerry Gow .

Which then became a classic to City after the club asked us to tone down the language.

"  He's here, he's there , we're not allowed to swear , Gerry Gow , Gerry Gow " 

City fans at their best .

:clapping:

That's the one. Great player, great chant...

On ‎11‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 18:47, Mr Popodopolous said:

I remember it sporadically in late 90s and maybe a bit later. Not for years though!

Another I recall- isn't elaborate or grand, but can get crowd going a bit.

C then everyone shouts C

I then everyone shouts I

T then everyone shouts T

Y then everyone shouts Y

Everyone in unison "CITY" *clap clap clap* "CITY" *clap clap clap* 

Rinse and repeat

Or during a particularly boring game under Osman:

Give us an H

Give us an A

Give us an M...

The Open End actually completed "Hamilton Academicals" without being interrupted by anything of interest happening on the pitch :o 

Not exactly one of ours, but when we were 3-0 up against the Gas (remember Les Matthews), the usual suspects piled out of the Dolman five minutes early.

The Gas in the East End started with "Part time supporters!", and the long-suffering Dolmanites joined in :chant6ez:

From the late sixties , I'd walk a million miles for one of your goals John Galley

Or come on with out , come on within you aint seen nothing like when Galley puts one in .To the tune of The mighty quin.

Used to sing a rendition of Molly malone .

Remember the knock kneed chicken (east end boot walk),70s

For originality, the Stan Bowles song. We were at home to QPR on the saturday, 24 hours after the news broke that Stans wife had walked out on him because of his gambling. 

Where's your wife gone?

Where's your wife gone ? 

Where's your wife gone Stanley Bowles  

She's not home now,She's fooked off now. Where's your wife gone Stanley Bowles. 

Must have upset him, he was eventually subbed.

Archived