IGNORED

Favourite chants over the years?

1 hour ago, Offside said:

I also used to like the “Tinman is a sh*thead” chant (he always used to acknowledge it as well).

Not sure exactly when, but there was one game (must have been late 1990s or early 2000s) at AG when City fans made fun of an opposing player’s haircut with the chant “He’s got a pineapple on his head - and he’s sh*t”. Very funny.

Jason Lee 

6 hours ago, Michael McIndoe said:

Cider in a Can!! 

As if you've not been asked enough questions this week....your message got me thinking. How well do the players hear the songs whilst focussed on the game, do they talk about them in the changing rooms etc? Always wondered what it's like if you don't like your own chant for example! 

Back in the old days when we weren’t so snowflake precious about being called ‘Bristol’, we used to chant ‘Brrristol’ (clap clap clap) from the East End and I fekkin’ loved it. Sadly nowadays we seem to just always whine and moan about commentators calling us ‘Bristol’ and the magnificent chant is long gone. 

3 minutes ago, stokes7 said:

How about

theres only one Jamie cureton 

one jamie cureton

with a packet of sweets

and a great big smile 

cureton is a paedophile 

Ah, Reading at the Gate in front of his mother, until she was so upset that she walked out. That was brutal!! :clapping:

4 minutes ago, stokes7 said:

How about

theres only one Jamie cureton 

one jamie cureton

with a packet of sweets

and a great big smile 

cureton is a paedophile 

That definitely wouldn't fly nowadays :laughcont:

1 hour ago, Champion Dung Spreader said:

So many good songs to choose from. Don't think anyone has mentioned "we love you Johnson because you're fat and round, we love you Johnson you bounce around the ground, we love you Johnson, trust in me when I say ..." Reprise. Nice sleazy tune, easy to sing - remember singing it on freezing cold, Winter evenings in the East End. Probably one of our most tuneful renditions (no real high notes). We used to belt it out - proper loud.

As mentioned on a previous thread, maybe it can be resurrected with amended lyrics.

Ah yes, that Johnson song was a good one.

There was also the “Johnson says Warnock is a ****” chant from around that time.

3 hours ago, Offside said:

I also used to like the “Tinman is a sh*thead” chant (he always used to acknowledge it as well).

Not sure exactly when, but there was one game (must have been late 1990s or early 2000s) at AG when City fans made fun of an opposing player’s haircut with the chant “He’s got a pineapple on his head - and he’s sh*t”. Very funny.

Jason Lee . Nottingham Forest 

11 hours ago, Offside said:

Tinman is a s**t head he wears a red white cap

He plays for Bristol City and is a very nice chap

He really hates the Rovers he wishes they were dead

and if he sees a gas head he’ll kick him in the head.

16 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Maybe we lifted it, will have to look again.

Just made me laugh slightly when someone at work last season just before the Wigan home game opening game season asked me if he thought City fans would be singing Will Grigg's on fire as it was in the charts from memory, joining in with it.

Join in with a generic chant that they lifted from us, probably not :laugh:.

Northern Ireland fans sang it well before he went to Wigan.

11 hours ago, Champion Dung Spreader said:

So many good songs to choose from. Don't think anyone has mentioned "we love you Johnson because you're fat and round, we love you Johnson you bounce around the ground, we love you Johnson, trust in me when I say ..." Reprise. Nice sleazy tune, easy to sing - remember singing it on freezing cold, Winter evenings in the East End. Probably one of our most tuneful renditions (no real high notes). We used to belt it out - proper loud.

As mentioned on a previous thread, maybe it can be resurrected with amended lyrics.

That was AP who is know in Australia.  Eastender as was known used to come up with new songs each season.  

10 hours ago, Die Hard Red said:

Back in the old days when we weren’t so snowflake precious about being called ‘Bristol’, we used to chant ‘Brrristol’ (clap clap clap) from the East End and I fekkin’ loved it. Sadly nowadays we seem to just always whine and moan about commentators calling us ‘Bristol’ and the magnificent chant is long gone. 

It was BURRR RISS STTOLLL. Regular seventies eighties thing off the train. used to get the hairs on the neck standing up because it was chanted with venom behind it.

I like this one too. I think we should bring it back the way Man Utd do it, with “u- in- ted”.

So rather than the clap clap clap between, the other half give it another BURR RISS STTOLL with a load of fist pumping! Quite loud and effective I reckon. You can put it on the end of chants like they do below too.

https://youtu.be/xnjL3HewKeA

11 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

No mention for He's only a poor little gashead yet. Has to be one of my favourites when it gets going.

Or even The Monkees Daydream Believer over the PA when Holloway turns up so that we can sing the correct words.  All together now........

Archived