IGNORED

R I P 2018 thread ...

WhistleHappy

Oh no, what a horrible day...

Now its .... JIM ''have a look at what you could have won'' BOWEN  .... RIP. 

Sadly its far from a super, smashing, day following on so quickly after the news of Stephen Hawking's passing.

Remember Jim from 'The Comedians' tv shows as well as later on the better known Bullseye.. (wonder how many of 'The Comedians' line ups are still with us? ..theyre mostly gone too I think.)

We're rapidly running out of the Worlds true entertainers, theatre and tv household names and stars.... how long before all we are left with are fond memories of a golden era.... & little else other than'reality' tv 'stars', so sad.

6 hours ago, Gazred said:

Was listening to Prof Brian Cox talking about him on R2 this morning.

He listed him as one of the greatest scientists of all time. If you can get your head around some of the things he is responsible for discovering, he really is up there with the Einsteins and Newtons of this world.

That’s totally it. His passing really has left a black hole. He really was a super human. I don’t pretend to understand hardly any of his work, but got to wonder at his mind. So cruel he was physically dealt the hand he did.

My daughter said to me on hearing the news ‘so who is the cleverest mind in the world now?’ Good question.

16 minutes ago, RedM said:

That’s totally it. His passing really has left a black hole. He really was a super human. I don’t pretend to understand hardly any of his work, but got to wonder at his mind. So cruel he was physically dealt the hand he did.

My daughter said to me on hearing the news ‘so who is the cleverest mind in the world now?’ Good question.

This has probably been the saddest I’ve been about someone dying probs since Diana died for all the reasons you’ve said.

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Apparently Peter Kay has died?!

Cancelled his tour after being diagnosed with leukaemia is what I was told, though nothing in the news?!

No disrespect to the guy and hope it’s not true. Very sad if so.

Been several false rumours of this last few months 

Ah, for the older among us she was a familiar personality who had many roles on TV in the past. She was born Caterina Irene Elena Maria Imperiali de Principi di Francavilla in Italy and as a multi-linguist she was involved with the Eurovision Song contest.

On 3/20/2018 at 18:45, Erithacus said:

Ah, for the older among us she was a familiar personality who had many roles on TV in the past. She was born Caterina Irene Elena Maria Imperiali de Principi di Francavilla in Italy and as a multi-linguist she was involved with the Eurovision Song contest.

when it was worth watching and not railroaded by big business and the LGBT crowd !

Archived