IGNORED

R I P 2018 thread ...

WhistleHappy

1 hour ago, Tomarse said:

Chas Hodges of Chas n Dave  dead at 74 

Sad news. Chas & Dave might not have been everyone`s cup of tea but both of them are/were very talented musicians and songwriters with excellent musical pedigrees and very highly regarded within the business as session musicians. I went with a couple of mates to see them at Beaford Arts Centre about five years ago, initially just for a laugh but ended up really enjoying it - proper pub rock and not just daft cockney songs.

6 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Sad news. Chas & Dave might not have been everyone`s cup of tea but both of them are/were very talented musicians and songwriters with excellent musical pedigrees and very highly regarded within the business as session musicians. I went with a couple of mates to see them at Beaford Arts Centre about five years ago, initially just for a laugh but ended up really enjoying it - proper pub rock and not just daft cockney songs.

Chas and Dave were the first live act I saw at the Royal Albert Hall (surprise guests at the end of an industry awards event). Not my cup of tea, but maybe in his memory Tot-Ing-Ham will be lucky in the cup despite the year not ending in 1.

On ‎28‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 15:46, Jerseybean said:

John Cunliffe creator of Postman Pat and Rosie and Jim RIP 

‬ostman-pat-4.jpg 

cfe9facd7a9a003ba4f01512242dd546.jpg

Not so high profile perhaps, but John Cunliffe's creations have touched virtually everyone's life in a way... Who hasn't had the theme tune pop instantly into their head just at the mention of the name Postman Pat.?  …. R I P

Ray Galton 88 R.I.P. (one half of comedy writing duo Galton & Simpson....Writers/Creators of Steptoe & Son, HancocksHalf Hour and scriptwriters to a host of British comedy greats)..

Thanks for many many laughs over the years from childhood to maturity, reunited with the late Mr Simpson who died last year, hope you'll soon be creating your fun and mirth again together for those on the 'other channel' ..

R I P  Ray Galton.  

18 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Ray Galton 88 R.I.P. (one half of comedy writing duo Galton & Simpson....Writers/Creators of Steptoe & Son, HancocksHalf Hour and scriptwriters to a host of British comedy greats)..

Thanks for many many laughs over the years from childhood to maturity, reunited with the late Mr Simpson who died last year, hope you'll soon be creating your fun and mirth again together for those on the 'other channel' ..

R I P  Ray Galton.  

Steptoe & Son is the greatest sitcom ever, in my opinion.

Archived