IGNORED

R I P 2018 thread ...

WhistleHappy

3 minutes ago, Big C said:

Probably not everyone’s cup of tea but Home and Away actress Jessica Falkholt aged 27. Parents and sister also killed in car crash with an alleged  serial car offender who also died

Just reading about this. Truly shocking.

On 11/01/2018 at 10:49, richwwtk said:

RIP, all three of my first ever live band gone :(

I saw Motorhead in the Colston, must have been 2006 or 2007, having seen Iron Maiden in Cardiff the night before. Unfortunately I never saw the Lemmy / Philthy / Fast Eddie line up, was Lemmy / Phil Campbell / Mikkey Dee by the time I saw them, best live gig I have been to.

It's a shame that all of them have gone within a year of so of each other and at no real great age, although I'm sure Lemmy making it to 70 was a bit of a miracle!

On 07/01/2018 at 19:28, WhistleHappy said:

Moody Blues singer/flautist & founder member....

The legendary Ray Thomas (76) sadly passes away after a long battle with prostate cancer.

RIP Ray.

:sad26:This is sad. My mums favorite band so when she passed away it became difficult to listen to those great albums ... still is.

On the Threshold of a Dream a great album and maybe a great metaphor for BCFC in 18.

Means a lot to me personally the Moodies. RIP Ray.

3 hours ago, Cotham Brow Red said:

:sad26:This is sad. My mums favorite band so when she passed away it became difficult to listen to those great albums ... still is.

On the Threshold of a Dream a great album and maybe a great metaphor for BCFC in 18.

Means a lot to me personally the Moodies. RIP Ray.

The Moody Blues were one of my favourite groups, and I still listen to their albums when I am alone and just want to relax with some soothing music - an awful stereotype, I know, but it always amuses me to think that such harmonious melodies emanate from a group whose origins were in Birmingham.

As an aside, I take great comfort in reminiscing and listening to music from my late father's favourite singers/groups - often a tearful experience, but one in which I immerse myself frequently.   

3 hours ago, Barry Sheene said:

Very Sadly Cyrille Regis passed away after suffering a heart attack at the age of 59.. Legend and ambassador of the game.

Quite rightly, a hero to many.

Brilliant quote on the BBC about him: "Regis was a gentle man away from football but such was his threat on the field, particularly when subjected to heavy physical attentions from opponents, that opposing managers used to specifically instruct their players not to upset him or annoy him in any way as the results could be devastating."

On 1/12/2018 at 18:41, Maesknoll Red said:

Went to a Motörhead gig at the Granary quite a few years ago and then the after gig party, which lasted 2 days, probably one of the best parties I’ve ever been to!!  

If I remember rightly , this was a monday night - and Motorhead were at their height of success. It was a benefit gig for the HA , who had been recently raided at their Totterdown clubhouse. I would guess it was around 1981.The after party was indeed the stuff of legends,

• Admin
3 hours ago, harry may said:

If I remember rightly , this was a monday night - and Motorhead were at their height of success. It was a benefit gig for the HA , who had been recently raided at their Totterdown clubhouse. I would guess it was around 1981.The after party was indeed the stuff of legends,

Not raided, a fire and it was a benefit gig to pay for the repairs.  I went to some parties that lasted  Friday to Monday there, but this one, was the one I’ll never forget.....

14 hours ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Was in the car yesterday and "Linger" came on the radio and got me wondering what they were up to now.

46? Jesus. Sad stuff, indeed.

Very surprised & shocked, she had a unique & beautiful voice, one in a million & has gone far too soon!

On ‎11‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 20:29, Big C said:

Probably not everyone’s cup of tea but Home and Away actress Jessica Falkholt aged 27. Parents and sister also killed in car crash with an alleged  serial car offender who also died

On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 20:49, Cotham Brow Red said:

That really tragic. So sad. RiP

*** NB ... Despite initial reports to the contrary Jessica is still clinging to life and her condition is critical, her life support machine was indeed turned off some five days ago, but Jessica is hanging in there and fighting for her life.

Such tragic circumstances on Boxing Day which saw an horrific road 'accident' (tempted to call it murder) caused by an under the influence junkie on his way home from a methadone clinic, a junkie with previous serious road convictions, an absolute waste of inhumanity.. which devastated an entire family, mum dad and sister who sadly died and Jessica who has suffered horrendous injuries and is bravely batting to survive... 

Prayers for Jessica's recovery are ongoing, if she wins her fight for life though what an awful reality she will come round to, her family wiped out due to the unforgivable selfish actions of a junkie who had no rights being on the road in the first place.

Thoughts for the deceased, may they R I P .... (as for the murdering junkie driver Craig Whithall 50 who also (thankfully) died in the crash, may he rot ... a scum of the Earth waste of space who mercifully wont be hurting anyone else in future.

Best Wishes Jessica, ... may your beloved Mum Dad & Sister R I P .

10 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

*** NB ... Despite initial reports to the contrary Jessica is still clinging to life and her condition is critical, her life support machine was indeed turned off some five days ago, but Jessica is hanging in there and fighting for her life.

Such tragic circumstances on Boxing Day which saw an horrific road 'accident' (tempted to call it murder) caused by an under the influence junkie on his way home from a methadone clinic, a junkie with previous serious road convictions, an absolute waste of inhumanity.. which devastated an entire family, mum dad and sister who sadly died and Jessica who has suffered horrendous injuries and is bravely batting to survive... 

Prayers for Jessica's recovery are ongoing, if she wins her fight for life though what an awful reality she will come round to, her family wiped out due to the unforgivable selfish actions of a junkie who had no rights being on the road in the first place.

Thoughts for the deceased, may they R I P .... (as for the murdering junkie driver Craig Whithall 50 who also (thankfully) died in the crash, may he rot ... a scum of the Earth waste of space who mercifully wont be hurting anyone else in future.

Best Wishes Jessica, ... may your beloved Mum Dad & Sister R I P .

Just read that she has died. Tragic stuff. RIP beautiful lady

Archived