IGNORED

R I P 2018 thread ...

WhistleHappy

2 hours ago, BigTone said:

Don't know about you but so many from my generation are starting to pass on.  Makes you realise the fragility of life.

Butch was 11 years ahead of me, but certainly getting towards my age group. I know what you mean BT.

The fragility hit me when my dad died a few years ago: many of the messages of condolence started "when my dad died a few years back...": various friends have since joined me in the Orphan Club.

1 hour ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Butch was 11 years ahead of me, but certainly getting towards my age group. I know what you mean BT.

The fragility hit me when my dad died a few years ago: many of the messages of condolence started "when my dad died a few years back...": various friends have since joined me in the Orphan Club. 

My Dad is 94 (Mum is 90) and lives in Australia. I visit every 6 months and each time gets more difficult as the inevitable approaches. I dread the future TBH. However, I accept this is life. As for Butch Wilkins I think 61 is far too early. Always seemed a nice bloke as well. Sorry to hear about your own loss. Good luck for the future.

Shocking news about Butch and Bristow, in hours of eachother and at similar age too. From where I am sat 60 looks no age at all, and as I said previously no where near where a person expects to retire now.

It’s one thing hearing an aging actor has died aged 98, but hearing about people you can relate to going so early is shocking with all the medical advances we have at our disposal. 

It’s always been at the back of my mind that my Grandad (granted it was not long after the war) suddenly collapsed and died aged 45 infront of his family. Life is fragile. RIP Eric.

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Shocking news about Butch and Bristow, in hours of eachother and at similar age too. From where I am sat 60 looks no age at all, and as I said previously no where near where a person expects to retire now.

It’s one thing hearing an aging actor has died aged 98, but hearing about people you can relate to going so early is shocking with all the medical advances we have at our disposal. 

It’s always been at the back of my mind that my Grandad (granted it was not long after the war) suddenly collapsed and died aged 45 infront of his family. Life is fragile. RIP Eric.

Same here RedM, my grandad died at 70, my dad at 70 and here I am at 67. Bit scary. Enjoy life, realise football really is a game RIP Eric

Yet another TV documentary (this ones on C5) detailing the murder of Becky Watts RIP three years ago.

How many more times are the TV companies going to repeat this awful story? ... It's been covered by most of them several times, every few months one channel or other seems to air it again...

Feel for Becky's family being constantly reminded by the media of the tragedy they are already living with 24/7 since this tore their family apart.

Unimaginable how they must feel, and how on Earth they are coping with the pain of a living nightmare that no family should ever have to endure.

Isn't it about time the TV companies and media stopped repeating this now?

Surely enough is enough and Becky's family and friends deserve a little peace now, not least poor little Becky herself who should finally be allowed to Rest In Peace. 

Becky Watts R.I.P.

Archived