IGNORED

R I P 2018 thread ...

WhistleHappy

A Masterchef semi-finalist has died after collapsing during the London Marathon, it has been confirmed.

Matt Campbell, 29, collapsed at the 22.5 mile mark and died later in hospital.

He appeared on the BBC's Masterchef: The Professionals in December 2017, and had been running the race - the hottest on record - for his father who died 18 months ago.

R.I.P. fella

Tessa Jowell 70 .... R I P  (whatever views we may hold on her political carreer)

She died a victim of a cruel cancer... Brain Cancer. 

She faced it bravely, accepted the inevitable conclusion to it, didn't sit on her backside feeling sorry for herself..

She campaigned to help others stricken by this cruellest of cancers which strikes suddenly often without warning. Her high profile ensuring her voice would be heard at the highest level as she fought for patients to be given the right under the NHS to try innovative new therapies which may extend lives of sufferers or one day hopefully find a cure.

... Her personal achievement in death as admirable and important as possibly any of her achievements in a highly successful political career.

Dame Tessa Jowell R I P

1 hour ago, phantom said:

1966 World Cup winner Ray Wilson has passed away aged 83

Sad news. The third of the 1966 wing team. Moore, Ball and now Ray Wilson. Developed dementia in later life just as Jackie Charlton has. 

Two of the eleven with it. Those heavy footballs of their era surely a part of the cause.

Banks Cohen Wilson Stiles Charlton Moore Ball Hunt Charlton Hurst Peters .... I think 8 are still with us??

Reminds me of my first City side at that time: Gibson Ford Briggs Parr Connor Low Savino Clark Atyeo Sharp Peters ....

Long term memory never fails!  How many of that eleven are still with us??

Scott Hutchinson, 36, lead singer of Frightened Rabbit sadly died last week after losing his battle with depression.

He was responsible for penning (IMO) one of the best British debut albums this century 'The Midnight Organ Fight'. So sad following it all play out on twitter when he went missing last Wednesday. RIP Scott

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-44079462 

His final two tweets:

:sad26:

4 hours ago, Jarman said:

Banks Cohen Wilson Stiles Charlton Moore Ball Hunt Charlton Hurst Peters .... I think 8 are still with us??

Reminds me of my first City side at that time: Gibson Ford Briggs Parr Connor Low Savino Clark Atyeo Sharp Peters ....

Long term memory never fails!  How many of that eleven are still with us??

I know Connor, Clark and Atyeo have gone .

Archived