IGNORED

R I P 2018 thread ...

WhistleHappy

Minder actor Glynn Edwards has died aged 87. The actor - who also starred in Zulu alongside Michael Caine - died at home in Scotland on May 23, according to reports.

Born in Malaya and raised in Salisbury, Wiltshire, he was best known for his role as Dave 'the barman' Harris who owned the Winchester Club in ITV's Minder.

3 hours ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

I guess the only one if you decide to ignore Maud Adams (slightly different I know).

Bond girl as opposed to Money Penny, so I suppose a difference …….. but agree a bit tenuous!!

11 minutes ago, Corsham Ed said:

Leslie Grantham aka Dirty Den from Eastenders has passed away at the age of 71.

Dens 'died' twice before though... Is it real this time? No more surprise come backs?...

Seriously though..

Leslie Grantham 71 (although no angel in real life) .. thanks for some memorable 'Dirty Den' performances with 'Angie' on Eastenders …  Rest In Peace. 

A huge chunk of some people's past has fallen. Peter Firmin, one of the creators behind such inescapable telly of yore, has died aged 89. Along with The Saga of Noggin the Nog, Ivor the Engine, The Clangers, Bagpuss and Pogles Wood, he was part of Smallfilms with the late Oliver Postgate. Firmin's wife knitted the Clangers and one of his daughters, Emily, was the girl in Bagpuss. Another odd fact was that Bagpuss was sent to a craftsperson in Kent who managed to make the old cloth cat with a strange pink yarn - not the ginger that was ordered. The colours remained, and featured in only the few episodes that were made.

Mary Ellis 101 …. Aviator, wartime flier of Spitfires, bombers etc, delivering new ones to the frontline anrd various RAF airfields as required for the war effort..  Loved aircraft and flying, and possessed a great personality and sense of humour.

The last of a special breed of pioneering British females & heroine's.    R I P  Mary Ellis.  

24 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Mary Ellis 101 …. Aviator, wartime flier of Spitfires, bombers etc, delivering new ones to the frontline anrd various RAF airfields as required for the war effort..  Loved aircraft and flying, and possessed a great personality and sense of humour.

The last of a special breed of pioneering British females & heroine's.    R I P  Mary Ellis.  

Concur with that WH. as ex RAF I loved the programme on the ATA and Mary was one of those ladies who were unsung heroes. May your spirit soar with the eagles Mary. We owe you and others like you one hell of a lot. RIP and God bless

Coupled with the recent loss of Squadron Leader Geoffrey Wellum this week, it's been a rough time for RAF veterans. Indeed, both were of a special breed (the like of which seems scarce today) and it appears clear that with people like them, Hitler stood no chance. We have much to thank thank them for: our world exists over the one that was planned by the lights of a perverted science.

Somewhat ironic after the national showing of the film 'Spitfire' earlier.

:worship2:

Ellie Soutter, one of Britain's most talented young snowboarders, died on her 18th birthday on Wednesday.

Soutter won a bronze medal for Great Britain at the 2017 Youth Olympic Winter Festival and carried the British flag at the closing ceremony.

1 hour ago, Super said:

Ellie Soutter, one of Britain's most talented young snowboarders, died on her 18th birthday on Wednesday.

Soutter won a bronze medal for Great Britain at the 2017 Youth Olympic Winter Festival and carried the British flag at the closing ceremony.

According to some media reports, the poor girl committed suicide.

How awful that, at 18 years old, a top-class athlete and a potential representative at the next Olympic Games, one feels that life is too much.

Whatever was going through that poor girl's head must have been something quite traumatic; something that I hope nobody close to me ever experiences.

Archived