IGNORED

R I P 2018 thread ...

WhistleHappy

Not famous but the little 8yr old girl who has been found stabbed to death in Brownhills. What a tragic waste of a life.

As a father with a 4yr old daughter, this has struck a chord with me today and i can't ever imagine what set of circumstances has led to this tragedy.

RIP little one.

3 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

Not famous but the little 8yr old girl who has been found stabbed to death in Brownhills. What a tragic waste of a life.

As a father with a 4yr old daughter, this has struck a chord with me today and i can't ever imagine what set of circumstances has led to this tragedy.

RIP little one.

R I P  Mylee ....

Just 8 years old tragic, thoughts with all who knew and loved her.

5 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Sheesh. Mark E Smith has really hit me. I wasn't a massive Fall fan but various friends and people I've played in bands with are/were. I knew he wasn't well, and I'd heard talk things were more serious than were being let on but I'm stunned by it.

Really really sad. Was listening to BBC R6 when it was announced and it was Mark Riley presenting.  Really difficult listening. Never got to see The Fall sadly but was always intrigued by their music and you've got to be pretty shit hot to be John Peels favourite band. 

2 minutes ago, lenred said:

Really really sad. Was listening to BBC R6 when it was announced and it was Mark Riley presenting.  Really difficult listening. Never got to see The Fall sadly but was always intrigued by their music and you've got to be pretty shit hot to be John Peels favourite band. 

Christ - poor Marc Riley. Must have been a nightmare to have to go on with your show after hearing that...

3 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Christ - poor Marc Riley. Must have been a nightmare to have to go on with your show after hearing that...

Yeah he was pretty devastated by the sounds of it. They didn't get on too well at the end either by the sounds of it having fallen out when he got kicked out and then made up and then subsequently fell out again. Really tough listen. Fair play to him for getting through it though. 

12 hours ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Now, that is very sad news re Mark E Smith. Saw The Fall various times through the 80s and 90s. At times somewhat impenetrable, but a genuine legend and innovator.

Possibly my favourite track:

And means I always think of The Fall when going up the A56.

Love that song. Really shocked to learn of Mark E's death, the utterly crazy genius that he was.

Have spent so many hours of my life playing endless Fall albums, usually accompanied by some confused and uncomprehending friend, girlfriend or wife asking "what is this shit you're listening to??"

24 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Everyone`s got an anecdote about the man. My personal favourite is when he happened to see a picture of the latest skinny-jeaned, floppy-haired boy band;

`******* hell, I hope we never have another war`

Saw a cracker from Mat Osman of Suede:

I have a Mark E Smith story actually. Back in the day Suede got asked to support The Fall on a couple of dates. To a man we were massive fans and VERY excited to be asked. Everyone told us he could be rough on support bands but he was great. Lots of time to soundcheck.

He was friendly, helpful, told us to come straight to him with any problem. The shows were great, his crowd were great, The Fall were great. On our way home in the van we were listening to Richard Skinner and he had an interview with Mark. We listened in intently.

Especially when Skinner asked, "Do you like any of the new bands who are calling you an influence." Mark said "Like who?" Skinner asked "Well, like Suede." There was a perfectly timed beat. "Never heard of them."

1 hour ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Saw a cracker from Mat Osman of Suede:

I have a Mark E Smith story actually. Back in the day Suede got asked to support The Fall on a couple of dates. To a man we were massive fans and VERY excited to be asked. Everyone told us he could be rough on support bands but he was great. Lots of time to soundcheck.

He was friendly, helpful, told us to come straight to him with any problem. The shows were great, his crowd were great, The Fall were great. On our way home in the van we were listening to Richard Skinner and he had an interview with Mark. We listened in intently.

Especially when Skinner asked, "Do you like any of the new bands who are calling you an influence." Mark said "Like who?" Skinner asked "Well, like Suede." There was a perfectly timed beat. "Never heard of them."

Someone just e-mailed into Radmac to say that the x-factor missed a trick when they didn`t get Mark in to replace Cheryl Cole when she quit.

I for one would have watched every single show although I doubt he would have lasted much past the first one!

Archived