Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

WhistleHappy

R I P 2018 thread ...

1 hour ago, WhistleHappy said:

Sir KEN DODD ..... dies aged 90 

End of an era ... One of a kind

R. I. P

Took the family to see him in Weston a few years ago. Show started at 7 and we got out at quarter past midnight. He came out with a flask and sandwiches after an interval. Total legend. RIP.

Edited by Calculus

2 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Sir KEN DODD ..... dies aged 90 

End of an era ... One of a kind

R. I. P

Saw him live in Cyprus 1972 when I was in the RAF. Brilliant, always been a fan. RIP Sir Ken, you didnt half make me laugh since :clap:

2 hours ago, Calculus said:

Took the family to see him in Weston a few years ago. Show started at 7 and we got out at quarter past midnight. He came out with a flask and sandwiches after an interval. Total legend. RIP.

As someone just said........he was due to go at 80,BUT they couldn't get him off !  RIP

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Stephen Hawking has died :( 

Very sad news, what an incredible man, achievements beyond imagination despite being dealt some of the hardest physical and health knocks that life can throw at a person... His lifetimes work will continue to benefit mankind, and even all life on this planet for the foreseeable future.. Steven Hawking foresaw much more than most, let's hope any warnings he offered regarding the survival of our planet is heeded and his peers are able to continue his work ...

Amazing man.. R.I.P   Stephen Hawking .

Edited by WhistleHappy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The whole world has lost someone today.

RIP Stephen Hawking.

• Thanks 1

Jim Bowen, aged 80.

Definitely not super, smashing.

Rest In Peace Jim.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Jim Bowen, aged 80.

Rest In Peace Jim.

NOOOOOOOO! Another part of my childhood gone. RIP Jim.

8 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Jim Bowen, aged 80.

Rest In Peace Jim.

Lets hope he left with a bendy bully and his BFH.

Googled him literally just a few days ago as i wasn't sure if he was still with us.

5 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Actually made me cry. What a man! 

Was listening to Prof Brian Cox talking about him on R2 this morning.

He listed him as one of the greatest scientists of all time. If you can get your head around some of the things he is responsible for discovering, he really is up there with the Einsteins and Newtons of this world.

• Like 2

Oh no, what a horrible day...

Now its .... JIM ''have a look at what you could have won'' BOWEN  .... RIP. 

Sadly its far from a super, smashing, day following on so quickly after the news of Stephen Hawking's passing.

Remember Jim from 'The Comedians' tv shows as well as later on the better known Bullseye.. (wonder how many of 'The Comedians' line ups are still with us? ..theyre mostly gone too I think.)

We're rapidly running out of the Worlds true entertainers, theatre and tv household names and stars.... how long before all we are left with are fond memories of a golden era.... & little else other than'reality' tv 'stars', so sad.

• Like 1

'So, tell me what you do, young man?'

'I'm unemployed Jim'

'Super smashing great....'

Pause

RIP Jim Bowen (& those jumpers and oversize glasses)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

'So, tell me what you do, young man?'

'I'm unemployed Jim'

'Super smashing great....'

Pause

RIP Jim Bowen (& those jumpers and oversize glasses)

`In which city in the United States was President Kennedy assassinated in Dallas?`

• Haha 1

It’s going to be another crap year like 2016 isn’t it?

RIP Jim, this story you told many a time but it never got boring:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gazred said:

Was listening to Prof Brian Cox talking about him on R2 this morning.

He listed him as one of the greatest scientists of all time. If you can get your head around some of the things he is responsible for discovering, he really is up there with the Einsteins and Newtons of this world.

That’s totally it. His passing really has left a black hole. He really was a super human. I don’t pretend to understand hardly any of his work, but got to wonder at his mind. So cruel he was physically dealt the hand he did.

My daughter said to me on hearing the news ‘so who is the cleverest mind in the world now?’ Good question.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, RedM said:

That’s totally it. His passing really has left a black hole. He really was a super human. I don’t pretend to understand hardly any of his work, but got to wonder at his mind. So cruel he was physically dealt the hand he did.

My daughter said to me on hearing the news ‘so who is the cleverest mind in the world now?’ Good question.

This has probably been the saddest I’ve been about someone dying probs since Diana died for all the reasons you’ve said.

• Like 2

Apparently Peter Kay has died?!

Cancelled his tour after being diagnosed with leukaemia is what I was told, though nothing in the news?!

No disrespect to the guy and hope it’s not true. Very sad if so.

Apparently a recent hoax by Peter Reid (not the ex-Everton one, I assume). Tour cancelled for 'Family Reasons'. Bolton's broadest is still with us it seems.

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Apparently Peter Kay has died?!

Cancelled his tour after being diagnosed with leukaemia is what I was told, though nothing in the news?!

No disrespect to the guy and hope it’s not true. Very sad if so.

Been several false rumours of this last few months 

• Like 1

Ah, for the older among us she was a familiar personality who had many roles on TV in the past. She was born Caterina Irene Elena Maria Imperiali de Principi di Francavilla in Italy and as a multi-linguist she was involved with the Eurovision Song contest.

On 3/20/2018 at 18:45, Erithacus said:

Ah, for the older among us she was a familiar personality who had many roles on TV in the past. She was born Caterina Irene Elena Maria Imperiali de Principi di Francavilla in Italy and as a multi-linguist she was involved with the Eurovision Song contest.

when it was worth watching and not railroaded by big business and the LGBT crowd !

Following Katie Boyles death this week, as above she was closely involved with The Eurovision Song Contest....

It's been announced that on Saturday the first ever winner of the contest way back in 1956 has died. 

Swiss singer..  Lys Assia (94)  R I P  

Edited by WhistleHappy

RIP Bill.  Had the pleasure of meeting the man a number of years ago in a pub near Nuneaton on his birthday. He was one character.  Sleep well Sir.

4 hours ago, Super said:

oh well......

and who cares. Evil, evil woman !!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, WhistleHappy said:

Ray 'Butch' Wilkins (61)  R I P

:englandflag:

Don't know about you but so many from my generation are starting to pass on.  Makes you realise the fragility of life.

• Like 3