IGNORED

Who was Yessir?

tinman85

We used to have SteveL and ColinS post quite regularly in the appropriately named 'ask Steve and Colin' section, that was just brilliant, they would answer every question daily and reply excellently even to obvious trolls, SL in the end was devoting most his evenings to answering fans (and gasheads) and this was before social media with zero pressure to get involved this way, but they did it. 

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Peg - when we did the quiz last year and told Adam our team name "OTIB", I’m not convinced he was impressed.  To be fair there was a helluva lot of negativity at the time, so I think he probably had a point.

Well it was around this time last year when we were going through the 8 match shocker, and LJ was getting pelters.

Perhaps he thought some of the more ferocious characters would be in attendance for Team OTIB.

8 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Well it was around this time last year when we were going through the 8 match shocker, and LJ was getting pelters.

Perhaps he thought some of the more ferocious characters would be in attendance for Team OTIB.

Ferocious? Me? You? :whistle:

It was Steve J. 

Plenty of staff (non playing) are bound to read here, although I’m not sure the club, despite creating and funding this site originally, are particularly fond of it. 

On the clubs and independent forum thing.

Clubs like to control the message, the narrative where they can. So a large, independent fans forum may not necessarily be to their liking... but that's life.

On the flipside however, it's an excellent sounding board for fans views. Especially a site like this.

Do I think the non football side read it- by which I mean  anything from marketing or tickets, definitely SLO, Adam Baker, probably security. Absolutely I do.

The football side of things? Probably but not so much. Certainly wouldn't think footballing side post on here... Non footballing side though? Wouldn't surprise me much.

2 hours ago, Tomarse said:

although I’m not sure the club, despite creating and funding this site originally, are particularly fond of it. 

No surprising given the criticism you sometimes see on here. The club can be understandingly very precious  about their public image......

Whenever I went into Sexstone's office otib was always on his computer screen.

16 minutes ago, Robbored said:

No surprising given the criticism you sometimes see on here. The club can be understandingly very precious  about their public image......

Whenever I went into Sexstone's office otib was always on his computer screen.

I get that but sometimes it feels like they want the place gone. Do they think all the users would just stop posting? Of course they wouldn’t - another board would pop up.  I always feel otib gets singled out by the club when other places such as twitter and FB don’t. 

@Tomarse

Reckon most clubs are probably fairly similar or at least similarly ambivalent about fans forums.

Twitter can- not necessarily always but can- be a collective mass.

Think of the media...quotes can often be picked up by media. @spudski mentioned something about it a while back I believe. I think some of quotes from here got into media outlets about flag gate.

Clubs, like well I'd say many if not all modern businesses would love to control the message...this and especially during contentious times aka last season or flag gate v Cardiff.

Well, a forum such as this can really blow a hole in a club's narrative. A lot more so than Twitter or even the FB Group.

Do you remember dark days of last year when we were in a relegation scrap? Banners weren't even allowed in...

14 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

I get that but sometimes it feels like they want the place gone. Do they think all the users would just stop posting? Of course they wouldn’t - another board would pop up.  I always feel otib gets singled out by the club when other places such as twitter and FB don’t. 

Exactly. I think this site is far more intellectual and considered than most. Granted, you get a few idiots and things can get nasty - but City sites on Twitter and Facebook can be far worse.

25 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

I guess that because FB and Twitter are entirely separate from the club whereas otib was originally created by them - bit like the wayward child who has developed embarrassing and rebellious traits.

23 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

@Tomarse

Reckon most clubs are probably fairly similar or at least similarly ambivalent about fans forums.

Twitter can- not necessarily always but can- be a collective mass.

Think of the media...quotes can often be picked up by media. @spudski mentioned something about it a while back I believe. I think some of quotes from here got into media outlets about flag gate.

Clubs, like well I'd say many if not all modern businesses would love to control the message...this and especially during contentious times aka last season or flag gate v Cardiff.

Well, a forum such as this can really blow a hole in a club's narrative. A lot more so than Twitter or even the FB Group.

Do you remember dark days of last year when we were in a relegation scrap? Banners weren't even allowed in...

I guess my frustrations come from the rare occasion the club ask for content to be removed when it’s still on twitter/Facebook etc! 

23 hours ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

The club would be foolish to not read OTIB.  What other company has such honest and direct feedback, even factoring in all the clowns that don’t know their asses from their elbow

At this moment I am sat on me elbow (left ) I type with the (right) and talking out my Arse.

16 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Ah right, never heard that before mind.

Love Hörður to bits and I always have :ph34r:

Yes, a couple of posters on here think that they worked out it was his uncle, or cousin - very defensive of Hörður, some of his posts were a bit stupid.  We haven’t seen him for a while, wonder if Hörður told him to stop posting.

@BobBobSuperBob what was his name?

Archived