IGNORED

Ryan Kent - recalled from Freiburg, and now signed on loan.

Dastardly and Muttley

56 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Maybe.  At the moment I'd rather have Bobby than TA!

But Tammy isn’t here at this moment.  Would you have said the above last season?  It’s all relative.

I agree with your OP or the sentiments of it at least.  But the squad does not evolve in a linear fashion, and sometimes you need a player in short term to aide that evolution.  I think Bobby learned how to poach from Tammy, and how to control and roll your man Close-up in one move from Tomlin.

I think the players of last season knew they had a special talent in TA, and wanted to improve their games to help him too.  So I think we benefitted in some form from TA.

Actually embarrassing listening to our fans text/phone in to radio Bristol and now on here. The lads joined on loan for the remainder of the season and in his first interview he said the fans were great. The same fans who are now saying he has an ego and he’s useless based on a twenty minute cameo. Didn’t we give Johnson a chance?

Looked out of depth. Waits for the ball to be played to his feet before moving. Can't control the ball when he's stood still anyway as is evident from him allowing the ball to roll by him a couple of times. Worried if his contract does have a must play however many games clause.

1 minute ago, howey_ducky said:

Definitely at fault for their goal. He didn't track his man, that'll be trained into him during training.

Barnsley fans said he doesnt defend. Leko Mk II i think. 

Looked like a billy big b0ll0x strutting around too. 

Yes only 20 mins but hardly an inspiring start. 

Walsh was decent, thats how to start for a new club. 

Awful debut. As mentioned was partly at fault for the goal and looked reluctant to run into the space behind the full back. Very impressed with Walsh today thought he was class. Bad day at the office all round hopefully go into a very tough Derby game with some fresh legs. 

20 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Barnsley fans said he doesnt defend. Leko Mk II i think. 

Looked like a billy big b0ll0x strutting around too. 

Yes only 20 mins but hardly an inspiring start. 

Walsh was decent, thats how to start for a new club. 

Exactly this, may turn out to be a great loan sign but found he came across arrogant in his interview yesterday and was more interested in getting games than being here to help the team. 

The guy probably only met his new team mates yesterday, hardly played this season, made his debut in a 20 min spell and people already having a go at the kid, that's a new personal best even by our standards! Give the kid a chance, he's a good player just let him bed in!

Ryan Kent didn't look match fit today in the game. Completely changed the momentum when he come on the pitch and personally think he was majorly responsible for their goal.

We have to remember however that he's obviously a very talented player for Johnson to want him at the club, he's only been in the squad for a day and has had winter break in Germany. He looked lost today but with a couple of weeks of fitting into the squad dynamic he should come along fine and hopefully will be a decent player in the important final parts of the season. 

5 minutes ago, Cardy said:

Really poor debut - looks like the new Tomlin to me with the wrong DNA. No excuse for not putting enough effort / running in to a 20 mins cameo. Atleast partly cost us the goal aswell.

He was poor. Looked rusty which isn't surprising. But way too soon to be making judgements like this. He is obviously highly rated at Liverpool and, the efforts we put into recruitment mean that the 'wrong dna' is unlikely.  Suspect there wouldn't have been any of those types of criticisms if he didn't have thode earrings and that accent.

He cost us the goal made no effort what's so ever to track back, actually stood on half way line until he realised he better make a jog back and just strutted around with attitude. Didn't want to run in behind and when he did ball goes out for goal kick when Joe Bryan was the simple ball to get cross in. 

Hope I'm proved wrong but really think Johnson has got his work cut out. Lazy 20 minute cameo and doesn't look like current BCFC DNA. Wouldn't normally judge a player this quick but he really annoyed me today.

Looked awful; okay only had 30 mins but there was no willingness to run. Only get one chance to make a first impression; looks like he will be playing for himself rather than the team; head down; take on 2 players than pass kind of player. Akin to Leo. Rather have elliason who puts a shift in. Walsh on the other hand; quality little player and will fit in well. 

2 minutes ago, windmillhillred said:

He was poor. Looked rusty which isn't surprising. But way too soon to be making judgements like this. He is obviously highly rated at Liverpool and, the efforts we put into recruitment mean that the 'wrong dna' is unlikely.  Suspect there wouldn't have been any of those types of criticisms if he didn't have thode earrings and that accent.

Saw enough today to believe after a few training sessions with the squad that he will rip a few defences a new one 

He did look a bit lost at times and not surprised tbh with how little game time he’s had

Walsh on the other hand grew into the game and worked well with JB on the left, some nice touches and looks a good buy for us

I thought our new boys had a negative effect on the team today .Not because they are bad players necessarily but because the aren't up to speed with their team mates. 

We have a fantastic group who are all in tune with the managers tactics and are prepared to run through brick walls for each other. The new lads have got buy into that, pronto. 

Archived