IGNORED

David Silva

BobBobSuperBob

10 minutes ago, lenred said:

Great idea mate. Classy player and classy guy by all accounts.  Got a couple of 'Citeh' mates and he's a legend up there. Will go down very well. Look forward to taking part. 

Yep read that he’s a really really nice fella

Ine hell of a footballer too

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Doesn’t quite flow right .?

Or is it me

Mateeeeeeo Mateeeeeeo would be easiest (Copyright @BRISTOL86)

Possibly with a short burst of Silva Silva at finish ?

Followed by a chant of “Na na na na na na na na na na na...Bristol86, 86, Briiiiissstol86’ :laugh: 

I’ll be watching so I’ll know if you don’t do it. 

On a serious note it’ll probably get adopted by the home fans as soon as we start and he’ll not know that it originated from us but it’ll be a nice thing to do nonetheless 

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Mentioned it before but David Silvas premature born son 8s fighting for his life

Jake Livermore’s incident the other day made me think that we should show some class and acknowledge Silvas very difficult time

Whether he’s present or not what about a sustained applause (Doesn’t need to be a minute ) in the 21st Minute (Silvas Squad No)

An accompanying , short ‘David Silva’ chant would send the message 

Appreciate those who come on here are only a small slice of our support but

worth giving it a go ?

@Harry Don’t know what you think - whether the Sec 82 lads n lasses could help -?

+me

1 hour ago, doyley01 said:

Man City fan here.

Can I just say that that is a class act by Bristol City fans.  Yeah, we all support our own team and are rivals, but somethings are bigger.

Thanks very much for the gesture for a player who is the best player we have ever had.

For those of you making the trip tomorrow, have a safe journey and enjoy the day.

He's been my favourite Premier League player pretty much since he arrived. So intelligent and stylish and comes across as one of the good guys.

Saying he is the best you have ever had is quite something for those of us who remember Colin Bell. :clap:

1 hour ago, reformed_red said:

I think the "we're thinking of you" chant would work best. Easy, simple, words would be clear for all to join in. 

I think City fans should do it in the first minute.

I agree wth this.

The following comment was posted on their forum, just to give a view, which got a fair bit of support, bearing in mind this was not a response to this idea, but their own discussion about it...

I think singing in support and appreciation of him is fine and also in line with how the other players chose to publicly display their support (focusing on the player himself). Singing the baby's name isn't appropriate in my opinion. I know people suggesting it only mean well, but nobody on here knows the full extent of his condition or where it might lead so I think the family's privacy ought to be respected on that front. I also think 50k people singing his baby's name mid-match isn't likely to help Silva in that moment. He's choosing to carry on with his football when he can and to the best of his abilities and I think the fans need to be mindful of the fact it's a big emotional/psychological challenge for him to do that. You don't really know what kinds of thoughts, images and feelings would be triggered by him hearing the baby's name been sung at him in a very public arena by 50k people, it doesn't sound like a great combination to me though.”

Personally, I would stick to him. Just a view.

Just leave the poor bloke alone to deal with his game.  I sometimes think these efforts at ‘support’ are more about those hoping to provide it rather than those receiving it.

In a lot of cases ‘normality’ is what people want.

Imagine you’re in that situation, would you really want your entire office/warehouse/factory clapping you as you went to work?

Must just be me but the entire thing smacks of look at us aren’t we great? Rather than any real understanding of what the guy’s going through.

6 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Followed by a chant of “Na na na na na na na na na na na...Bristol86, 86, Briiiiissstol86’ :laugh: 

I’ll be watching so I’ll know if you don’t do it. 

On a serious note it’ll probably get adopted by the home fans as soon as we start and he’ll not know that it originated from us but it’ll be a nice thing to do nonetheless 

Great idea mate but we applauded Silva at the Burnley game Saturday in the 21st minute. Be awesome to see you guys do it too. Have a great day at ours, you'll be welcome.

Won't be there but as well intentioned as the suggestions are, maybe as others have alluded to they may not be quite 'the right thing to do'.. in the circumstances.

Just an idea but how about a simple, meaningful gesture of a specially enormously loud cheer from everyone when Silva's name check is announced (slightly prolonged perhaps?) during the pre match team intro over the tannoy...  I think that would be a nice show of inter club respect for the man, ...obvious but not OTT. 

8 hours ago, kiwicolin said:

That's a brilliant idea. 

Not at the game tomorrow but will be watching on tv. 

7 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Doesn’t quite flow right .?

Or is it me

Mateeeeeeo Mateeeeeeo would be easiest (Copyright @BRISTOL86)

Possibly with a short burst of Silva Silva at finish ?

If you sing mateeeeo silvaaa, repeatedly and to the song 'morning has broken' it works... Ie.. 3 times followed by 'get better soon'.

Its an appropriate song too.. A new dawn, he deserves another chance. 

Respect for Silva if he even plays.

Are De Bruyne and Jesus still injured?

Well done Bob.

12 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Mentioned it before but David Silvas premature born son 8s fighting for his life

Jake Livermore’s incident the other day made me think that we should show some class and acknowledge Silvas very difficult time

Whether he’s present or not what about a sustained applause (Doesn’t need to be a minute ) in the 21st Minute (Silvas Squad No)

An accompanying , short ‘David Silva’ chant would send the message 

Appreciate those who come on here are only a small slice of our support but

worth giving it a go ?

@Harry Don’t know what you think - whether the Sec 82 lads n lasses could help -?

Good idea Bob. 

Not sure how S82 can help it though as we’re gonna be situated all over the away end with the ticket allocation. 

But hopefully it gets started and everyone can join in. Just a “one David Silva” is probably the most simplistic. 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Good idea Bob. 

Not sure how S82 can help it though as we’re gonna be situated all over the away end with the ticket allocation. 

But hopefully it gets started and everyone can join in. Just a “one David Silva” is probably the most simplistic. 

Thanks Harry

Understand - ( just didn’t know whether you had anything like a WhatsApp group or anything bud :thumbsup: )

7 hours ago, RumRed said:

Just leave the poor bloke alone to deal with his game.  I sometimes think these efforts at ‘support’ are more about those hoping to provide it rather than those receiving it.

In a lot of cases ‘normality’ is what people want.

Imagine you’re in that situation, would you really want your entire office/warehouse/factory clapping you as you went to work?

Must just be me but the entire thing smacks of look at us aren’t we great? Rather than any real understanding of what the guy’s going through.

Fair comments Rum and @WhistleHappy

Understand your points

Just think that we, as football fans get a bad press generally and at any time and in the current light it would be good to show that Football Fans are decent

Add the fact that Silva is apparently a lovely guy , he’s gone public to explain his situation

As someone who’s had a couple of traumatic family periods recently I think it would bolster him and his wife to know that even opposition fans acknowledge what a tough time it is for him

Nothing less , Nothing more

I still think we should do something simple - it will probably go unnoticed if we can get it going , by all but Silva and that’s just fine and will have served it’s purpose 

Difficult one and understand your points but think we should try and do something

Having read posters views a ‘One David Silva’ or ‘ David Silva we are thinking of you’ and some applause in 21st Minute seems the most straightforward.

( Then straight back  to roaring on our lads ;) )

COYR :clapping::city:

Hi. Sky Blue Citizen here, and I come in peace. Just to say that we, from ‘Bluemoon’, are truly touched. As you’re probably aware our David is a firm favourite with us. Have a fantastic evening tonight, just a tad less than us though! ;0)

P.S Does anyone go to the Jamaican Plantation Restaurant on the Cheltenham Road. Used to gig there regularly and always had a lovely time, with fabulous people?

2 hours ago, Dreadzone said:

P.S Does anyone go to the Jamaican Plantation Restaurant on the Cheltenham Road. Used to gig there regularly and always had a lovely time, with fabulous people?

Sadly closed. There is a Turtle Bay bar/restaurant there now i belive. Don't know if you have that chain up there.

Archived