IGNORED

'Relentless in the Pursuit of Excellence' Article in the Guardian

Stortz

"...relentless in the pursuit of excellence. The motto can also be found in the red leather players’ handbook, a bible of sorts given to each squad member, so that “everybody knows who’s who in the zoo”. In it there is an introduction from Steve Lansdown, the billionaire owner, plus every detail imaginable: club contacts, player welfare, social media policies as well as player-derived club fines. “It brings a no-excuses culture,” Ashton says, whereby, “for the first time, everyone knows the rules”."

Yep, OP is correct. Paying the toll daily as he sails over the bridge every day.

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

:laugh:...I bought mine off LT...Typically it was covered in sugar and jam and encrusted with puff pastry :yes:;)

Thought it would still be in it's shrink wrap - unopened.

Fair play, I have loved this club for 40 years! Finally it seems we have got it right. I mean really right. We are being talked about positively, the club is being run professionally and results are being ground out despite a depleted squad. It’s a great time to be a City fan, saviour it gentlemen, our time is coming.

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That wasn’t the player’s bible, that was a jam doughnut, you doughnut :P

18 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Thought it would still be in it's shrink wrap - unopened.

17 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Well, you do like to have your cake and eat it, Spudski! :clapping:

;)

chocolate-eating.gif

What a great read, and just shows what the Blue Few don't get! We are so many years ahead of them it's untrue. There's stuff happening in BS3 that we don't know about, and that they can only dream of, yet your average Sag neanderthal will tell you it's solely down to league position or SL's millions.

I just don't think they see it. Long may that continue...! 

19 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

He makes some good points BBSB.

I hope we play the same way as we did against Utd...I don't see the point of being cautious, even if over two legs. We have nothing to lose...we may as well go for it. If Prem teams can't beat them this season, then we may as well go all out. Make luck in their box, instead of being unlucky in our box.

Just now, spudski said:

I hope we play the same way as we did against Utd...I don't see the point of being cautious, even if over two legs. We have nothing to lose...we may as well go for it. If Prem teams can't beat them this season, then we may as well go all out. Make luck in their box, instead of being unlucky in our box.

As you’ve previously said Spud we need to get our press triggers spot on

And

We need to break the game up and slow it down when there’s set pieces etc , just to give us that breather

Can see us causing them problems at set pieces (If we manage to get any !!!!  :laughcont:)

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

As you’ve previously said Spud we need to get our press triggers spot on

And

We need to break the game up and slow it down when there’s set pieces etc , just to give us that breather

Can see us causing them problems at set pieces (If we manage to get any !!!!  :laughcont:)

If they defend like Arsenal at set pieces...we have every chance.

16 minutes ago, spudski said:

Palace, in contrast to Newcastle, showed how to play against them recently.

Archived