IGNORED

IF we get through to the final.....

QuedgeRed

@Phileas Fogg

So just out of interest- do you think we should dare to dream?

If we were playing Man City in a one off match- at home and we hadn't already beaten Man U... if Pep had other priorities... if he hadn't stated his intention to win everything in sight, if Man City were patchy in form, if he didn't have a squad worth more than Bristol Sport and Ashton Gate stadium combined then maybe just maybe we would could dare to dream.

However, we are pitching our BMW 3 series against his Formula 1 and whilst he could crash once - I think twice is placing it beyond any reasonable stretch of imagination.

Personally, I'm just hoping that we all just enjoy the experience, that LJ and his entire team learn and grow from it and BCFC does everybody proud.

Over two legs against this Man City team - we have zero chance but I'll still try an enjoy every minute of watching my team against one of the finest and most expensive teams in the world.

10 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

@Phileas Fogg

If we were playing Man City in a one off match- at home and we hadn't already beaten Man U... if Pep had other priorities... if he hadn't stated his intention to win everything in sight, if Man City were patchy in form, if he didn't have a squad worth more than Bristol Sport and Ashton Gate stadium combined then maybe just maybe we would could dare to dream.

However, we are pitching our BMW 3 series against his Formula 1 and whilst he could crash once - I think twice is placing it beyond any reasonable stretch of imagination.

Personally, I'm just hoping that we all just enjoy the experience, that LJ and his entire team learn and grow from it and BCFC does everybody proud.

Over two legs against this Man City team - we have zero chance but I'll still try an enjoy every minute of watching my team against one of the finest and most expensive teams in the world.

Why shouldn't we dare to dream?

A win is unlikely, certainly over 2 legs, but we are here on merit and have earned the chance to give it a go.

We were underdogs against Watford, underdogs against Stoke, underdogs against Palace and underdogs against Manchester Red.

Tomorrow the pressure is all on Manchester Blue, Pep is close to his first trophy with them and they are expected to batter us, we have absolutely nothing to lose here and the pressure is entirely on them- exactly the conditions that suit an upset.

35 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

@Phileas Fogg

Of course we should. 

Honestly, I thought vs United we had a 20% chance. I was saying to @Davefevs earlier - we were at home, sold out AG, in great form and they had a few half fit players to come back.

I think this time our chance over 2 legs is more like 3% - basically a 'puncher's chance' in boxing. 

Over 2 legs I would say it's almost an impossible feat. They key word there is 'almost' - there's always a chance. IF, by some miracle, we lose 2-1 or something.. a full Ashton Gate.. anything could happen.

I agree - everyone should enjoy the ride. I never expected us to get this far.

Very jealous of everyone going! 

17 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

I've searched around for some inspiration.. A case where a giant killing on this scale has been achieved over two legs... But I really can't find anything. Anybody? 

No. Over 2 legs, I think this would be right up there with the biggest upsets of all time Cup upsets. 

It's not just a game of individual skill but a team game with spirit and pride.

On that basis, we certainly could get a result tomorrow.  We have plenty in our side capable of a wonder goal - Brownhill, Reid, Patterson, Bryan, Flint, Smith.  Perhaps even Fielding - you can but dream .........!!!!!!

You know @Phileas Fogg I agree with that. Lose 2-1, full Ashton Gate- really agree.

I think what helped us vs Manchester and would help us v this 2nd Manchester- club done excellent here- home fans at both ends.

Obviously the South Stand and S82 the main but l playing towards 1,000 of your own also.

This is as opposed to full away end or defending against it as per 2nd half, cannot underestimate effect of that IMO...Marginal gains and all that.

Archived