IGNORED

IF we get through to the final.....

QuedgeRed

4 hours ago, Grey Fox said:

If you dont have a dream, how are you going to have a dream come true

A night for hearts, not heads 

Sounds like some bollox my mum quotes from Facebook with a blurry picture of a Labrador in the background and a horrible calligraphy font.

Was just a bit sick in my mouth that I started to think you were right for a moment.  Enough of the sentimental stuff let’s just get out there and get stuck in.

4 minutes ago, Anderson412 said:

Come on though, Bravo's record for Man City is not the easiest thing to defend.... virgil van dyke could barely manage it :laugh:

He’s not had the best of times there, granted..!

Let’s hope we see the worst of him and not the record holder for the longest time without conceding a goal in Spanish league history!

And let’s hope we don’t get any penalties..! 

7 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

IF we get through to the final, I’ll saw my cock off with the blunt edge of a rusty spoon, in Burtons shop window..! 

This I feel will draw quite an audience especially those who have the Edward Scissorhands Video Collection.

I wonder if a run of 3 defeats will have damaged the mindset at all or will it have been expunged by the adrenalin alone?

On paper this Man City side should blow us away but I have to believe we have a chance this club is deep in my heart and have have only dreamt of these nights so I believe we will give it a go. We just need to stay in the tie tonight imagine a draw with home leg to come.

8 hours ago, RedSA said:

But it’s not just championship vs Premier League it’s championship vs world Elite. They’re the current favourites for the Champions League! 

Just think of it as City vs Barcelona/Real Madrid/Bayern Munich. I think you could call it a giant killing if we beat them.

Man City have a long way to go before being talked of in same breath as those 3 teams. They are currently walking a poor Premier league. They have failed to beat Wolves and Leicester in normal time in this competition, lost to Shaktar in Champions League, drew with a very poor Everton side in the Prem and should have lost to the mighty Crystal Palace a few ganes ago. Yes, they are a very good side. World elite.....no.

54 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Man City have a long way to go before being talked of in same breath as those 3 teams. They are currently walking a poor Premier league. They have failed to beat Wolves and Leicester in normal time in this competition, lost to Shaktar in Champions League, drew with a very poor Everton side in the Prem and should have lost to the mighty Crystal Palace a few ganes ago. Yes, they are a very good side. World elite.....no.

It doesn’t matter the history of those teams. Currently Man City are on par, if not better, than all 3 of them and are a world elite team, I think you’d find it hard to find many that would disagree with that.

I’m not sure the fact that Citeh have not won ALL their games undermines it. They all lost games in the CL this season, RM to Spurs who aren’t even in the top 4 here this season.  

They’re breaking every record possible in the PL, which I’m not sure I see why you see as poor; after English teams dominating the CL group stages. 

Im not sure the fact that their reserve team have got to them to the semis undermines them either. 

If we beat this team over two legs of course it will be a ‘giant killing’. Would be one of the biggest shocks in a long time. 

12 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Why shouldn't we dare to dream?

A win is unlikely, certainly over 2 legs, but we are here on merit and have earned the chance to give it a go.

We were underdogs against Watford, underdogs against Stoke, underdogs against Palace and underdogs against Manchester Red.

Tomorrow the pressure is all on Manchester Blue, Pep is close to his first trophy with them and they are expected to batter us, we have absolutely nothing to lose here and the pressure is entirely on them- exactly the conditions that suit an upset.

Yes and we only played them in one match.

There's a difference between dreaming of winning a match against a huge club in a one off like the Man U match and the fantasy of beating the most expensive team in the world ( a staggering £720 million) who are unbeaten in the Prem and by anyone this season- over two legs.

It's not being negative- it's being realistic. Like I said- I just want BCFC to do us proud and maybe get something out of one of the matches.

But this is OTIB where a few wins make us world beaters and a few losses relegation fodder and 90% of the time we're neither.

6 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Yes and we only played them in one match.

There's a difference between dreaming of winning a match against a huge club in a one off like the Man U match and the fantasy of beating the most expensive team in the world ( a staggering £720 million) who are unbeaten in the Prem and by anyone this season- over two legs.

It's not being negative- it's being realistic. Like I said- I just want BCFC to do us proud and maybe get something out of one of the matches.

But this is OTIB where a few wins make us world beaters and a few losses relegation fodder and 90% of the time we're neither.

Being realistic is acknowledging we have little chance, as I already have done, in the second line of that post.

Saying it is impossible is nonsense, as there is always a chance.

As I said, why shouldn't we dream? Dreaming doesn't mean thinking it likely. The very notion of it being "a dream" insinuates that it is extremely unlikely.

If we are writing the game off as impossible for us to win then perhaps we should write to the EFL and just forfeit? 

Should Leicester fans have not dared to dream in 2015?

Should York fans not have dared to dream before they knocked out Manchester United over 2 legs?

3 hours ago, RedSA said:

It doesn’t matter the history of those teams. Currently Man City are on par, if not better, than all 3 of them and are a world elite team, I think you’d find it hard to find many that would disagree with that.

I’m not sure the fact that Citeh have not won ALL their games undermines it. They all lost games in the CL this season, RM to Spurs who aren’t even in the top 4 here this season.  

They’re breaking every record possible in the PL, which I’m not sure I see why you see as poor; after English teams dominating the CL group stages. 

Im not sure the fact that their reserve team have got to them to the semis undermines them either. 

If we beat this team over two legs of course it will be a ‘giant killing’. Would be one of the biggest shocks in a long time. 

Shock yes. Giant killing,no. Give us some credit please, we are afterall odds on to be promoted to the Premiership !

On 09/01/2018 at 00:14, RumRed said:

Sounds like some bollox my mum quotes from Facebook with a blurry picture of a Labrador in the background and a horrible calligraphy font.

Was just a bit sick in my mouth that I started to think you were right for a moment.  Enough of the sentimental stuff let’s just get out there and get stuck in.

See why they call you , rum.. Try some , happy talk

Archived