IGNORED

Gloucester pub tonight?

durhamred13

5 hours ago, CyberDan said:

Baker Street by the Quays? Noticed City memorbilia behind the bar there before.

17 minutes ago, forbespm said:

The landlord of baker street is a city fan so the game will be on in there!

Really? I was in there two or three months ago on a Saturday afternoon, fella behind the bar had a Millwall t shirt on?

Obviously doesn't mean he was the landlord, but I can't say I've ever noticed anything in there

Durham - Blue Bamboo on the docks will have it on. I watched the United game in there with some mates. There were at least two more City fans in there as well

1 hour ago, Woodsy said:

Really? I was in there two or three months ago on a Saturday afternoon, fella behind the bar had a Millwall t shirt on?

Obviously doesn't mean he was the landlord, but I can't say I've ever noticed anything in there

Durham - Blue Bamboo on the docks will have it on. I watched the United game in there with some mates. There were at least two more City fans in there as well

Ah, didn't even realise that was there! The revolving door of restaurants and bars in that part of the docks!!

Ideal though - I'll head that way later.

20 minutes ago, durhamred13 said:

Ah, didn't even realise that was there! The revolving door of restaurants and bars in that part of the docks!!

Ideal though - I'll head that way later.

They don't do a decent cider, I have to warn you! It's a lager night if you're heading there!

6 hours ago, steveybadger said:

Bloody hell i don't recognise a single pub anymore despite being a Glaws boy!

Baker St must have been there? Blue Bamboo, which is a terrible name!, only opened a year or so ago down on the Docks. Next time you're back in the area that place is worth a visit. Got a few decent bars and eateries

Unfortunately I'm still down with tonsillitis so won't be able to head into town tonight, although I'm sure 6 pints of cider would help control the pain! I'm in Quedgelely so just interested in seeing what suggestions are made on this thread to give me some pointers in the future!

2 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Baker St must have been there? Blue Bamboo, which is a terrible name!, only opened a year or so ago down on the Docks. Next time you're back in the area that place is worth a visit. Got a few decent bars and eateries

Haven't lived there since early 90s, is Doctor Fosters still there?!

couldn't believe the Gloucester on Cheltenham Road had closed last time I was back - place I learnt to drink!

4 hours ago, steveybadger said:

couldn't believe the Gloucester on Cheltenham Road had closed last time I was back - place I learnt to drink!

Fosters is still there.the gloucester is near my gaff.I remember going in there once and there was coach loads of gas in there coming back from an away day! Great performance from the boys tonight 

Reviving this thread rather than start another one.

For those very few like myself who are interested work is about to start on the ground.

Work can now begin on Gloucester City’s new stadium.

Having accepted the offer of funding towards the build of the ground at Meadow Park from the Football Stadia Improvement Fund, the club have issued a statement to confirm they now have the green light with construction expected to begin before Christmas.

Following a meeting between club co-chairman Alex Petheram, director Brian McGurk and Football Stadia Improvement Fund officer Chris Davies at the end of last week, the final conditions were agreed and legal documents exchanged.

The two new seater stands, each holding 350 seats and will be positioned either side of the existing changing rooms, have been ordered and the steel structure for the new ’T-End’ and opposite terrace have also been placed for delivery.

0_RI_GlosCityStadiumPlans_08021801.jpg

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gloucester-city-football-meadow-park-3529205

39 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Reviving this thread rather than start another one.

For those very few like myself who are interested work is about to start on the ground.

0_RI_GlosCityStadiumPlans_08021801.jpg

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gloucester-city-football-meadow-park-3529205

I’m interested!

great news for the tigers finally coming home

On 09/01/2018 at 19:34, steveybadger said:

That used to be my local late 90s onwards now shut and converted to apartments.

Used to play for the pub football team, good old days.

Went to a couple of England games with the landlord at the time Jimmy and other locals a very messy trip to Amsterdam springs to mind 2006.

They used to have a lot of football memorabilia in there including a lot of my City related programs and tops.

1 hour ago, bakes said:

That used to be my local late 90s onwards now shut and converted to apartments.

Used to play for the pub football team, good old days.

Went to a couple of England games with the landlord at the time Jimmy and other locals a very messy trip to Amsterdam springs to mind 2006.

They used to have a lot of football memorabilia in there including a lot of my City related programs and tops.

LMBM..legend.

Archived