IGNORED

The official Manchester City FC v Bristol City FC in the Carabao Cup Match Day Thread

Septic Peg

How do you go about calling this? 

If they put out a strong team, who play well, it could be anything. Equally, it is not that we are playing them because of the luck of an early draw. We are playing them in a semi because we have earned the right to be there. 

Hope we dont get stuffed, of course I do, but more than that hope we show the world we can play a little bit to.

1 hour ago, Keith Welch said:

My class of Year 5 Italian kids belted out  an unprompted 'Ole ole ole ole Bristol CITY' today, the most proud I have ever been of them.

When we have some spare time we enjoy watching Korey's goal against United.

One of them said at the end of the day 'We know if Bristol City won because you will have no voice tomorrow like last time'

Going to go into town and confuse the locals in my City shirt again. Hopefully I will be going as mental as I was during the United game.

:clap:. Love it

Here in Swindon I’m Getting ready to wander up to Longs bar with Mrs R&W and my boy. 
Looking forward to this and of course I want us to win, but (in this order) I really hope for:
1. No new injuries or exhaustion related problems
2. No bans
3. No crowd trouble or disrepute 
4. We don’t get humiliated 

5 minutes ago, cityexile said:

How do you go about calling this? 

If they put out a strong team, who play well, it could be anything. Equally, it is not that we are playing them because of the luck of an early draw. We are playing them in a semi because we have earned the right to be there. 

Hope we dont get stuffed, of course I do, but more than that hope we show the world we can play a little bit to.

I fear a dry-bumming of horrific proportions, but you never know.

If there is a flicker of hope at FT it might spur me to get a flight back for the 2nd leg.

1 hour ago, Aizoon said:

It was ever thus. In my day the stage from The Greyhound was often cancelled due to the wrong kind of highwaymen.

I thought that in your day they were still waiting for the wheel to be invented! ;)

2 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Here in Swindon I’m Getting ready to wander up to Longs bar with Mrs R&W and my boy. 
Looking forward to this and of course I want us to win, but (in this order) I really hope for:
1. No new injuries or exhaustion related problems
2. No bans
3. No crowd trouble or disrepute 
4. We don’t get humiliated 

Well Swindon is a weird place 

Has Charlie Nicholas even watched us this season?

"I'm afraid I don't give Bristol City any chance. They'll come and park the bus but I'm not sure how they can expect to execute that plan against the best attacking unit in Europe when they've conceded eight goals in their last two games against Aston Villa and Watford."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12090/11200339/charlie-nicholas-carabao-cup-semi-final-predictions-man-city-to-stay-on-course-for-quadruple

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

"I'm afraid I don't give Bristol City any chance. They'll come and park the bus but I'm not sure how they can expect to execute that plan against the best attacking unit in Europe when they've conceded eight goals in their last two games against Aston Villa and Watford."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12090/11200339/charlie-nicholas-carabao-cup-semi-final-predictions-man-city-to-stay-on-course-for-quadruple

Clearly not. We'e Bristolians. We've learnt not to rely on the bus.

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

We’re not a Premier League team, so probably not.

Don’t disagree with him that we’re massive underdogs, but I don’t think we’ll Park the bus - I’m not sure we know how, for good or for ill!

6 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

How hard can it be to do a bit of research,absolute bell end.

I heard that he was in financial services. Well, it sounded like “banker” but I may have misheard 

Shows how much he knows not to have spotted it was not the 1st team at Watford and villa came 48hrs after wolves

11 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Lazy ' journalism ' that's all.

i would imagine 95% of the population think we'll get stuffed .

Like they did for Watford , Stoke , Palace and Personchester Utd .

What jars is that he'll have been paid for the article that anyone could have written.

15 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

he probably thinks the Villa result was the latest in our 8 game losing streak and that we could do without this semi final as our relegation battle is much more important.

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Lazy ' journalism ' that's all.

i would imagine 95% of the population think we'll get stuffed .

Like they did for Watford , Stoke , Palace and Personchester Utd .

What jars is that he'll have been paid for the article that anyone could have written.

I would imagine 95% of our own fans think we will get stuffed.

Archived