IGNORED

The official Manchester City FC v Bristol City FC in the Carabao Cup Match Day Thread

Septic Peg

7 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Got this from online but notice it shows Steele in goal but another post shows fielding, so not sure how accurate this is

That's not the team being shown in sky news now - they've got all their stars playing including de Bruyne sane and Sterling   

Bit surprised he has replaced Steele (been very good in all cup games) with Fielding, I know Steele has conceded a lot in the last couple of games, but not really sure that was just down to him and whilst Franke has been great all season was a headless chicken v wolves. Not sure which is our best keeper, but think steele should have got this game.

Resharing this just to say that a) what they've already achieved is beyond what I could have imagined ever seeing, I'm proud enough as a fan...

and b) anything's possible. The front line will be a nightmare, but there are cracks in that defence. Get at Mangala, take pot shots at Bravo, overrun Toure in midfield, and let's see.

COYR

9 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Their attack is very strong of course but there’s a few vulnerabilities in their defence. Wouldn’t be surprised if we score.

And midfield. KDB and Gundogan are quality and have legs but perhaps we are more athletic than he is now. We will see, there are mistakes in that back 4. If Toure is protecting we will score I think. 

1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

Why not?  

It’s a semi final of a cup competition. There’s no way we wouldn’t play our strongest side and try to win at home, even if we’re 6-0 down. It’s not the right mentality.

It’s a sold out Ashton Gate and on sky, it would be an embarrassment if we surrendered like that but thankfully there’s no chance we would.

2 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Resharing this just to say that a) what they've already achieved is beyond what I could have imagined ever seeing, I'm proud enough as a fan...

and b) anything's possible. The front line will be a nightmare, but there are cracks in that defence. Get at Mangala, take pot shots at Bravo, overrun Toure in midfield, and let's see.

COYR

City will get a result tonight 

20 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

CITY X| |Bravo, Danilo, Stones, Mangala, Zinchenko, Gundogan, De Bruyne (c), Bernardo, Yaya Toure, Sterling, Sane SUBS | Ederson, Walker, Aguero, Delph, Fernandinho, Diaz, Adarabioyo #cityvbcfc

Never heard of any of them. Presumably Bell, Summerbee and Lee are injured?

Archived