IGNORED

The official Manchester City FC v Bristol City FC in the Carabao Cup Match Day Thread

Septic Peg

Just now, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

It was invented,  but it was square and it didn't really work, then someone decided to use them as window frames,  crazy world ain't  it?

Damn. If they hadn't done that we would not now have Safestyle and Everest Double Glazing.

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It’s a semi final of a cup competition. There’s no way we wouldn’t play our strongest side and try to win at home, even if we’re 6-0 down. It’s not the right mentality.

It’s a sold out Ashton Gate and on sky, it would be an embarrassment if we surrendered like that but thankfully there’s no chance we would.

Totally this and, if we were six down and did manage to win the second leg 1-0 we could end up being the only side to beat Man City this season.

The company I am doing some work for up in Cumbria have kindly put me up in their own Grade 2 listed building. It normally can have all 14 bedrooms filled, but I have it all to myself. It has a gym, a full size snooker table,  a kitchen and two large dining rooms.

Most importantly though it has a lovely big tv with sky sports and what looks a pretty much unlimited supply of free

alcohol. 

This is probably the second best place I could be tonight.

COYR

17 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Bit surprised he has replaced Steele (been very good in all cup games) with Fielding, I know Steele has conceded a lot in the last couple of games, but not really sure that was just down to him and whilst Franke has been great all season was a headless chicken v wolves. Not sure which is our best keeper, but think steele should have got this game.

Steele has let in 10 goals in the last three matches, go figure.

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

My view

20180109_191334.jpg

1 minute ago, OldlandReddies said:

There are going to be a lot of goals in this game . 

Should be with 4 sets of goals on the pitch - no wonder Man City score so many.

I have to say, I hope Pep follows what seems to be common misconception. After Gundogan saying we’d come and defend, just read Charlie Nicholas’s thoughts. He also thinks we’ll park up, and cites we can’t because of Watford (not seen our side there eh Champers?)

We may get battered. But we’ll die trying, and anyone who’s been paying the blindest bit of attention would know that. Assume a bus park - that isn’t in our DNA, and if you do, we can shock you.

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

I have to say, I hope Pep follows what seems to be common misconception. After Gundogan saying we’d come and defend, just read Charlie Nicholas’s thoughts. He also thinks we’ll park up, and cites we can’t because of Watford (not seen our side there eh Champers?)

We may get battered. But we’ll die trying, and anyone who’s been paying the blindest bit of attention would know that. Assume a bus park - that isn’t in our DNA, and if you do, we can shock you.

Unfortunately I'd imagine he's smart enough to know that's not what we'll do.

Archived