IGNORED

The official Manchester City FC v Bristol City FC in the Carabao Cup Match Day Thread

Septic Peg

Hold your heads up lads, this tie is not over. You did us all so proud. This season has done one thing to us all and that is it has

BROUGHT US ALL TOGETHER AS ONE AGAIN.

After last season, it was so sad to see the turmoil and bad feeling on OTIB.

Look at it now!

Let's be honest.

Most us us feared a 4-0 ( or worse) battering, especially when seeing the team Pep put out . To lose at the death was absolutely devastating but takes nothing away from an heroic performance from the team. the players must be physically and mentally shattered after that, and although much of it was backs against the wall there was no way that we disgraced ourselves.

I the context of the tie, it is a shame that we could not take 1-1- back to the Gate, but if we can stop them scoring early and ca get on the ball a bit more than we could tonight then we must be in with a fighting chance, and I doubt that any of us could have wanted for anything more  at kick-off tonight.

Fans - magnificent.

Players - heroic.

LJ - stood toe to toe with possibly the best manager in the world and wasn't disgraced.

SL - was there anyone prouder than he in the Etihad?

Good result which most of us would have taken 2 hours ago.

Had to bring on Walker and Aguero to get the job done, but everyone played well tonight. Should be very proud of themselves tonight. 

Fans were fantastic. Loud all night, brilliant.

We're not out of this yet.

I've had to watch this one home alone in California. Its currently 13:40 here but that hasn't stopped me having a few drinks. When we scored in the first half I ran out into the street shouting - the only person there was a small Chinses lady who I shouted "COME ON!!!!!" at! :blink: "What?" she said and I told her "BRISTOL CITY ARE WINNING!"  I can tell be the slightly alarmed/scared/confused faced she pulled that I have converted her and we have one more fan in the ranks! 

That is a cracking score line.

Man city clearly deserved the result. But we did not deserve a battering.

All to play for.

I've no doubt the will beat us over two legs but fair play lads. How close to ending that 16 match winning streak at the etihad 

A week night at tgecgate is hard for any team. Make the pitch a bit narrower suddenly the game gets a  harder for man city. Get on it groundsman

We lose 2-1 away to the best team in the country/Europe/the world, with goals from De Bruyne and an injury time winner by Aguero, and some sags are trying to find a positive in it for them:

2.1 Man City and I’m a happy Rovers supporter. Should’ve and could’ve been more.

:facepalm:

Mind the Gap sad sags!

Archived