IGNORED

The 7860

RaspberryRed

5 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Up there with the best away support I’ve ever witnessed

So many striking similarities to the Forest Away Semi (Hich shades over Anfield) for me , in not only the support but the gutsy performance

( I knew we were loud but when I watched my sky recording I couldn’t believe how loud we sounded and how we totally bossed the support battle - Well done all , never seen such a high percentage of fans getting stuck in :clapping:)

Forest away definitely, they passed the ball well back then, some decent players as i recall, we weren't expected to get anything, get thumped in fact, just like last night - under pressure for long periods, but able to have the odd spell of possession and try and create, just like last night. Dogged, gusty, determined, just like last night. Scoring first sending the massed hordes behind the goal into ruptures, just like last night.

For the young un's last night, that's what Forest away was like. 'Bouncing round the ground' the equivalent of all the surging on the terraces. Magical nights that we'll never forget.

7 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Interesting (And was thinking about your views on Away fans @Phileas Fogg :thumbsup:) how , even with 7600 they tried to minimise our impact - upper two tiers up in the Gods 

and

Unless I’ve gone crackers - our two tiers was the only part of the ground not ‘lit up’

Am I Right ? Or gone crackers ?

I was amazed that as far as I could see every City fan was stood roaring the side on for every second from when the players emerged until the final whistle

Amazing and awesome to see

:clapping:

If it wasnt lit, dont tell Mark Kelly!

7 minutes ago, nickolas said:

If it wasnt lit, dont tell Mark Kelly!

Quite amazing how there seems to be a totally different rule book for stadium safety at different grounds.

Maybe @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO can help.

Hi Matt, 

You might be aware already, but many people are pretty frustrated by the apparent rules we are bound by via SAG which apparently mean it’s unsafe to have the stadium internal lights lowered during play at night games.

In mine and I believe many other people’s opinion, it makes the football viewing at these night games a far worse experience. You can’t fully relax and concentrate. It’s distracting and sometimes the glare can be really offputting.

I appreciate the club has stringent health and safety rules to abide by, but this one seems really unnecessary. To add insult to injury, far big stadiums than ours (like last night) seem to manage fine.

Is there any scope for looking into reviewing this rule? 

Cheers

What pleased me the most last night, was how much the fans got behind the team, when Man City were bossing it around our box and knocking it about trying to find an opening.

We were so organised and composed. The more we closed a move down, the more the fans reflected what they were witnessing with loud raw passion.

The fans felt like another defender on the pitch.

9 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Quite amazing how there seems to be a totally different rule book for stadium safety at different grounds.

Hi Matt, 

You might be aware already, but many people are pretty frustrated by the apparent rules we are bound by via SAG which apparently mean it’s unsafe to have the stadium internal lights lowered during play at night games.

In mine and I believe many other people’s opinion, it makes the football viewing at these night games a far worse experience. You can’t fully relax and concentrate. It’s distracting and sometimes the glare can be really offputting.

I appreciate the club has stringent health and safety rules to abide by, but this one seems really unnecessary. To add insult to injury, far big stadiums than ours (like last night) seem to manage fine.

Cheers

And btw PF the steepness of the top tier was as steep as I’ve seen ;)

23 hours ago, Dolman Block B said:

Steve Lansdown said that Man City did release more tickets at the death and there were over 8000 there

Plus a couple of hundred in hospitality 

There were loads of City fans in the hospitality areas so the actual number was probably well over 8,000. When we scored we we all politely sat there and said "yep". (With apologies to Jasper Carrot). 

9 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Hi Matt, 

Cheers

Morning all, 

First off I thought we were all incredible on Tuesday. The noise, atmosphere, positivity and general good nature was brilliant to be a part of. I’ve had Man City fans contact me to say the same.

People have also commented about how good it was to hear our fans rally immediately and get behind the team when Man City equalised. It does make a difference and I think on the run in for the rest of the season we should all keep that in mind to give the boys that boost.

Regarding the lights I’m aware of how fans feel about this. Some of my earliest memories coming to Ashton Gate in the 90’s was when the strip lights would turn off at the start of each half and on again before half time and full time. 

I have mentioned a few times I’m in the process of compiling buckets of feedback to then sit down with the right people to discuss further. The lighting question is already on there so rest assured it will be addressed by me. Just bear with me as for the next few weeks I’m just listening to fan feedback (of which there is lots!) and will then open conversation with the right people. 

Matt

Regarding the lights I’m aware of how fans feel about this. Some of my earliest memories coming to Ashton Gate in the 90’s was when the strip lights would turn off at the start of each half and on again before half time and full time. 

I have mentioned a few times I’m in the process of compiling buckets of feedback to then sit down with the right people to discuss further. The lighting question is already on there so rest assured it will be addressed by me. Just bear with me as for the next few weeks I’m just listening to fan feedback (of which there is lots!) and will then open conversation with the right people. 

Matt

Hi Matt,

Thanks. I appreciate that and the fast response. It’s good you can relate to the issue as a spectator because in my opinion it really detracts from the viewing experience.

I’m sure you’ve got lots on your plate all at once but would be great to have this raised when you get the chance to pool together all the feedback.

Thanks again. I must mention that I think you’re doing a really good job in this new role and it’s great to have you so easily contactable.

Cheers

8 hours ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Morning all, 

First off I thought we were all incredible on Tuesday. The noise, atmosphere, positivity and general good nature was brilliant to be a part of. I’ve had Man City fans contact me to say the same.

People have also commented about how good it was to hear our fans rally immediately and get behind the team when Man City equalised. It does make a difference and I think on the run in for the rest of the season we should all keep that in mind to give the boys that boost.

Matt

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO

Hi matt regarding the lighting issue, SAG have come up with an excuse that they leave the lights on to help the fans see down the steps. Could you find out why this group have allowed the club to paint the edges of the steps black? which are now wearing away. Before the redevelopment they used to be yellow for health & safety reasons. In the event of a powercut during a night game it helps fans see more clearly down the steps. That's why the emergency gates on the pitch are painted yellow. Could you ask SAG to get the steps repainted in either white or yellow please? I do feel they have overlooked this issue. Cheers!

WP_20170819_15_12_33_Pro.jpg

WP_20170819_15_12_43_Pro.jpg

7 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Hi Matt,

Thanks. I appreciate that and the fast response. It’s good you can relate to the issue as a spectator because in my opinion it really detracts from the viewing experience.

I’m sure you’ve got lots on your plate all at once but would be great to have this raised when you get the chance to pool together all the feedback.

Thanks again. I must mention that I think you’re doing a really good job in this new role and it’s great to have you so easily contactable.

Cheers

Hi @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO Just to echo @Phileas Foggand his thoughts here. I've been one of the more vocal ones I think it's fair to say about this issue which has really affected the enjoyment of the night games for me and many others. Meetings about it have been previously mentioned but nothing has been forthcoming as far as I'm aware of as yet but I'm happy to get involved if needs be once you get to it. Good luck for your new role.  Cheers. 

19 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Hi Matt, 

Cheers

Couldn't agree more, being registered partially sighted I have to wear glasses and the glare is horrendous so much so that I watched the Wolves game on Sky even though I'm a season ticket holder!

19 hours ago, spudski said:

What pleased me the most last night, was how much the fans got behind the team, when Man City were bossing it around our box and knocking it about trying to find an opening.

We were so organised and composed. The more we closed a move down, the more the fans reflected what they were witnessing with loud raw passion.

The fans felt like another defender on the pitch.

Going back,there was a time when the cheer for a crunching tackle was as loud as a cheer for a goal,and many times was the catalyst for the whole team to raise their game.

Was a cracking night, it really is something to feel so PROUD at the end of a game. To see 8000 fellow reds stand all game, applaud the boys and I think most notably rally after Man City took the lead, which was mentioned by Bobby Reid in his interview. We outsang the City fans at that moment and throughout the whole game.

It's a beautiful thing when you support a team, your local team (or a team you have strong connections with). We have all endured a number of recent years of substandard football, years scrapping away at the bottom of the table in both the championship and league 1. It's times like those however, that make what we are experiencing now all the more special. No football fan who supports one of the top teams purely out of a desire to support a winning team will EVER experience this PRIDE and associated with such remarkable events!

This will be a story told throughout future generations of City fans. And all of us were able to say, 'I was there'.

COYR!

(I'm actually rewatching the game now and we, the 8000, sound class)

21 hours ago, Redland said:

There were loads of City fans in the hospitality areas so the actual number was probably well over 8,000. When we scored we we all politely sat there and said "yep". (With apologies to Jasper Carrot). 

You speak for yourself Redland, i couldn't take the strain and went for a wee when Bobby scored. so i started screaming in their tunnel club until i dropped my prawn sandwich

The league form has been very good. We’ve just come in during the last few league games. There is a huge determination in the team to get back to winning ways. We expect the lads to go out and replicate the performance they put out on Tuesday night. 

We want to reward our supporters, they were incredible on Tuesday. There’s a great feeling between the fans and club and we want to keep that going.”

(Marlon Pack)

:clap:

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

The league form has been very good. We’ve just come in during the last few league games. There is a huge determination in the team to get back to winning ways. We expect the lads to go out and replicate the performance they put out on Tuesday night. 

We want to reward our supporters, they were incredible on Tuesday. There’s a great feeling between the fans and club and we want to keep that going.”

(Marlon Pack)

:clap:

On the Bluemoon forum they got a thread about their atmosphere/signing section.

The thread is about 18 months old and about half the posts were after we visited on Tuesday.

4 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

On the Bluemoon forum they got a thread about their atmosphere/signing section.

The thread is about 18 months old and about half the posts were after we visited on Tuesday.

And not all the posts were praising the Bristol City fans' singing and general demeanour.

'I was in 115 row L and could hear them loud and clear. They must be rich with the amount of coins they threw down at us must of been the first few rows of second tier, added when they scored a penalty one decided to throw (or maybe drop) a oasis bottle with no lid on that hit an old fella. 

Also, whoever was in row m with a black leather jacket and city scarf should be ashamed calling Yaya a black bastard.'

16 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

And not all the posts were praising the Bristol City fans' singing and general demeanour.

'I was in 115 row L and could hear them loud and clear. They must be rich with the amount of coins they threw down at us must of been the first few rows of second tier, added when they scored a penalty one decided to throw (or maybe drop) a oasis bottle with no lid on that hit an old fella

Why didn’t the old fella just chuck a Wurzels bottle back at our lot?

I was at the front of tier 2 on Tuesday so had 8,000+ Cidereds essentially behind me and the songs seemed to start in tier 3 on the right hand side facing out and everyone else joined in with everything they had and I mean everyone! I couldn't see one red, old or young, not singing, it was that good.

As for the 8,000, we made that noise not just for the team but for every Cidered that couldn't get to the Etihad as well so we were ALL part of it.

In over 40 seasons, only Forest away came close to the backing on Tuesday, even Anfield in 1994 didn't IMHO. I'm sure Coventry in the 70's was loud but I was only little and can't really remember.

Well done everyone! :clap::clap:

19 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Still find this figure truly amazing for a Tuesday night in Manchester.  It is this sort of following that will drive City to the Prem.  You away followers certainly deserve it.

Everyone does rdk, not just the 8,620 (according to Steve L). We're all reds after all.

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

Everyone does rdk, not just the 8,620 (according to Steve L). We're all reds after all.

Exactly Ska

Always see thiose that travel and I don’t much these days (I did for many years)

represent the Club (Briliantly too) and when I do go away I merely feel I’m shouting myself hoarse as a lucky / privliged representative for those that cant be there 

COYR

:clapping::city:

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Exactly Ska

Always see thiose that travel and I don’t much these days (I did for many years)

represent the Club (Briliantly too) and when I do go away I merely feel I’m shouting myself hoarse as a lucky / privliged representative for those that cant be there 

COYR

:clapping::city:

Spot on fella, have a 'like'! :)

Archived