Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Esmond Million's Bung

Charlie Nicholas what a Manual manipulator! (Merged)

"I'm afraid I don't give Bristol City any chance. They'll come and park the bus but I'm not sure how they can expect to execute that plan against the best attacking unit in Europe when they've conceded eight goals in their last two games against Aston Villa and Watford".

• Haha 3
  • Snake 1

16 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

Typical pundit I’m afraid. Hasn’t got a clue outside the top tier, & that’s with me being polite! COYR 

Nothing needs to be added, I just want this comment to appear again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Proves he hasn't got a clue and is an utter cockwomble

Edited by Taz
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

"I'm afraid I don't give Bristol City any chance. They'll come and park the bus but I'm not sure how they can expect to execute that plan against the best attacking unit in Europe when they've conceded eight goals in their last two games against Aston Villa and Watford".

Just someone who hasn't done their research. Sky pundits the same. Thinking we'd 'park the bus' when we'd given no evidence whatsoever all season of doing that.

1 minute ago, tinman85 said:

Media don't like us. Think we are a rugby town. 

Are you joking? We have been getting constant praise in the press- articles almost daily on us all very complimentary. There are a few rogues - mainly the idiots like lawrenson, Charlie Nicholas, but then think about the articles crouch and Murray wrote, and the feature this weekend. Sky post match talked about nothing but how good we were. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Eastred said:

Although Bob Mills on Talk Sport this morning predicted a 1-0 win for us with Joe Bryant scoring!

He’s a comedian by profession though isn’t he?

• Like 1

Fantastic article about City in today's Times.

We have never in my nearly 70 years of following City, from age of five in 1950, had so much national coverage

Have to say I thought Shay Given was good on Sky after the match. But he was probably quite intimated sat next to Louis Carey!

35 minutes ago, REDLEE said:

Hinchcliffe commentating seemed very reluctant to give us any praise. 

It's because the guy is a complete and utter cock. He seems to say all the wrong things (even after replays) I just, for the life of me cannot see how this guy got the gig on Sky. Dreadful pundit. Bring back Garry (he should be gambling) Birtles

• Like 1

Listening to talk sport after the United game, and just after drawing City, whosever was presenting said something like “they may have beat United, but if ever there was a dead cert in football it’s Man City win this tie”

whilst they are clearly in the driving seat, I’d say it’s looking far from a foregone conclusion!

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

That wasn’t parking the bus, that was taking the bus for a joyride.

The Jollyboys outing?

"I'm afraid I don't give Bristol City any chance. They'll come and park the bus but I'm not sure how they can expect to execute that plan against the best attacking unit in Europe when they've conceded eight goals in their last two games against Aston Villa and Watford.

It is just a joy to watch Manchester City whenever you get the opportunity at the moment and this tie should be all-but over on Tuesday night."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12090/11200339/charlie-nicholas-carabao-cup-semi-final-predictions-man-city-to-stay-on-course-for-quadruple

The worst bit about this is the "they'll come and park the bus."  Well we didn't, did we Charlie??

17 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

That wasn’t parking the bus, that was taking the bus for a joyride.

Ha, that is superb, cap doffed

Charlie is a proper ******* roaster. Haven't listened to a word he's said in years

He's made himself look a right Charlie..........................................:tumbleweed:

Lazy journalism ......from a pundit who has done no research.............just picks up his cheque, and believes he knows what he is waffling about.  Complete disgrace. Sky could spend their money on someone who bothers to check facts, rather than sit in the pub.   I have zero respect for this waste of time

LL