IGNORED

Norwich game

Devereux

Just on the train back to Bristol. Euphoria still with me, but have also started thinking about the weekend and how important it is we get a result against Norwich. Be great to halt our losing run and get us back into the mix for 2nd. My fear is if we are sluggish on Saturday and lose then this Carabo distraction could end up costing us.

Having said that I have full faith in LJ and the squad to dig in Saturday. 

9 minutes ago, Devereux said:

Just on the train back to Bristol. Euphoria still with me, but have also started thinking about the weekend and how important it is we get a result against Norwich. Be great to halt our losing run and get us back into the mix for 2nd. My fear is if we are sluggish on Saturday and lose then this Carabo distraction could end up costing us.

Having said that I have full faith in LJ and the squad to dig in Saturday. 

Agree, we need to pick up points on Saturday , with a tough game next Friday. 

Our league fixture post Derby, looks attractive and we should be looking to pick up points in February. We’re well on course to finish in the top six 

As hard as it is to accept, the cup run could be the reason this season is remembered.

I would love to see us finish in the top six but realistically it's taken an incredible effort by the players to get to where we are.  Unless we are incredibly lucky with returning players and/or we make several more signings like Walsh, we just don't have the first team depth to sustain our pre-Christmas form.  That's not pessimism rather a reflection of how tired we looked at the end of the games against Man Utd, Wolves and throughout against Villa.

Whatever happens, it's already been a hell of a season.

4 minutes ago, Xiled said:

As hard as it is to accept, the cup run could be the reason this season is remembered.

I would love to see us finish in the top six but realistically it's taken an incredible effort by the players to get to where we are.  Unless we are incredibly lucky with returning players and/or we make several more signings like Walsh, we just don't have the first team depth to sustain our pre-Christmas form.  That's not pessimism rather a reflection of how tired we looked at the end of the games against Man Utd, Wolves and throughout against Villa.

If we do manage to sustain our pre Christmas form, we will be promoted automatically, never mind the playoffs! That might be a big ask.

Not sure what you mean about being lucky with returning players?

18 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Not sure what you mean about being lucky with returning players?

Basically hoping that the main four (Pisano, O'Dowda, Diedhiou and Djuric) return from injury quickly and don't sustain further problems.

Without bursting the bubble.

If people think we are good enough for the prem then it starts Saturday in a game that matters. 

We've had a tough run in the last 4 weeks, but in Johnson we trust to ensure that the focus is clearly back on the league and the results reflect this.

On 10/01/2018 at 11:15, Xiled said:

I believe that the cup run has bolstered our league form with the confidence gained with wins over Prem sides .

Our lads fear absolutely no bugger and must believe that the Prem is in sight and even that we could hold our own in it .

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I believe that the cup run has bolstered our league form with the confidence gained with wins over Prem sides .

Our lads fear absolutely no bugger and must believe that the Prem is in sight and even that we could hold our own in it .

Absolutely. It will also have given the management team confidence and vindication of their methods. With that in mind I expect we may well see exactly the same team as played against Man City sent out against Norwich.

Fielding

Wright Flint Baker Magnússon

Brownhill Smith Pack Bryan

Paterson Reid

Probably the same subs bench as well - although if there was a surprise Diedhiou I'd be incredibly happy.

Anyone know when our long term injurys are back was it mid January Famara Diedhiou Milan Duric Eros Pisano. After all the heroics of the cup games we need to strengthen, give some of the squad a rest.

Norwich always makes me smile remember the likely lads Terry once said he wrote Norwich on the back of his love letters (Nickers of ready when I come home)

COYR 3 points Saturday

For me looking back since Johnson took over we have always had a strong second half of the season. With the way the players are playing and the style he has managed to implement in the team i believe we will finish strongly again! Also our fitness levels for the main 11 that have taken us this far is exceptional, their excellent fitness levels will hold us in good stead! 

I think we will either go up automatically or finish in the top 4 like the predictor suggests. Always believe & enjoy the ride

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

Absolutely. It will also have given the management team confidence and vindication of their methods. With that in mind I expect we may well see exactly the same team as played against Man City sent out against Norwich.

Fielding

Wright Flint Baker Magnússon

Brownhill Smith Pack Bryan

Paterson Reid

Probably the same subs bench as well - although if there was a surprise Diedhiou I'd be incredibly happy.

Not sure if its the plan but what do we reckon to Walsh coming in for Mags and Bryan moving back to LB? Maybe not for this match but might be the plan in future

2 minutes ago, RedFencing said:

Not sure if its the plan but what do we reckon to Walsh coming in for Mags and Bryan moving back to LB? Maybe not for this match but might be the plan in future

Can he play on the left side of midfield? Think he'll be on the bench and brought on for Pack/Smith/Paterson as their legs start to go. He still needs to get used to the way we play our game.

4 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Can he play on the left side of midfield? Think he'll be on the bench and brought on for Pack/Smith/Paterson as their legs start to go. He still needs to get used to the way we play our game.

I don't know if he himself can play on the left side of midfield, but Paterson can.

Walsh behind Reid, Pato on the left.

That's what we did on when he came on on Tuesday, but I personally don't see us starting a game like that.

1 minute ago, Coxy27 said:

I don't know if he himself can play on the left side of midfield, but Paterson can.

Walsh behind Reid, Pato on the left.

That's what we did on when he came on on Tuesday, but I personally don't see us starting a game like that.

I think that this is the most likely way that Walsh will be employed at the moment.  He's probably still adjusting to our way of playing - as others pointed out he was doing a fair few backpasses on Tuesday which may be an indication of how he was coached at Everton but isn't really our style.

Also as said I'm not sure he's a left-sided player.  I think we should be largely sticking with what was a very effective team in December - Walsh provides great cover in the middle though and I'm sure we'll see him in some capacity on Saturday.

2 hours ago, TwoSheds said:

Anyone know when our long term injurys are back was it mid January Famara Diedhiou Milan Duric Eros Pisano. After all the heroics of the cup games we need to strengthen, give some of the squad a rest.

Norwich always makes me smile remember the likely lads Terry once said he wrote Norwich on the back of his love letters (Nickers of ready when I come home)

COYR 3 points Saturday

DH: “Famara Diédhiou is getting closer. He’s out running on the grass at Failand. We’ve got an idea of where we expect him to be but he’s on a smooth path and not too far away. He’ll be like another new signing when he comes back.”

On 10/01/2018 at 10:15, Xiled said:

I think you mean 'heaven' of a season!

3 hours ago, Super said:

DH: “Famara Diédhiou is getting closer. He’s out running on the grass at Failand. We’ve got an idea of where we expect him to be but he’s on a smooth path and not too far away. He’ll be like another new signing when he comes back.”

Yeah baby. What a signing that will be.

5 hours ago, RedFencing said:

With new midfielders coming in I really want Bryan to go back to left back.

I think we look stronger with him there and although Magnússon is improving, he still give me the jitters at left back.

So Norwich’s parachute payments are running out, and looks they’re having a fire sale to save some cash - that’s the club saying they don’t expect to challenge for the top 6.

Must be pretty demoralising for the players when the best players are sold.

Let’s kick them while their down and make their week even worse.

4 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

So Norwich’s parachute payments are running out, and looks they’re having a fire sale to save some cash - that’s the club saying they don’t expect to challenge for the top 6.

Must be pretty demoralising for a players when the best players are sold.

Let’s kick them while their down and make their week even worse.

Their forum reads like ours did 12 months ago. Not a happy bunch right now.

7 hours ago, TwoSheds said:

COYR 3 points Saturday

BURMA was another.

Archived