IGNORED

Managers Profile In Front Of The Camera

cityfan

Lee is very eloquent, as well as being light hearted and humorous when on camera.  He is not fazed, quite natural and it is clear he is a thinker.  This of course would be a natural requirement for any 'Manager' in any walk of life.  The biggest threat to City right now is the constant limelight that he finds himself in as he will undoubtedly be on the radar of many a Chairman, inclusive of those in the Premier League.  So if I was Steve Lansdown, in order to hold the 'project' together I would make sure that Lee was contractually, financially and mentally secured to avoid any potential fallout.

Holding a team of people together on a philosophy is difficult in any walk of life.  Sustaining it is even harder. Often these can be 'purple patches' that of course, have obstacles and then ultimately, subside.  Football has a very visible display of this and Managers become a very tradeable commodity.  Just look at how many are out of work struggling to get back in to one of those 92 places.  Of those currently working, just look at how short their tenure is given the value of business in football now. which brings me to my point.

Lee John son would be mad to have his head turned right now for more money in a Premiership team or equivalent. He currently has a terrific Chairman and Bristol City man through and through.  City have (potentially) money available to them and this has been exampled with a beautiful new stadium. It has taken Lee a while to establish his philosophy and for this to translate onto the football pitch.  These are his players and they are a team.  Not the most expensive, but Leicester proved what a team can do and managed by a man that the team believes in.

It would take Lee, as it would any Manager, a period of time to recreate this elsewhere and those supporting elements which are behind him right now may not be there elsewhere, plus, bigger egos, larger finances at stake and Chairman that are less ingrained in the football club than Steve Lansdown.  If Lee continues with City and manages to get to the Premier League, then bringing in new players to his set up and philosophy will allow him to manage more effectively and with more respect and control than trying to employ that elsewhere with the conditions mentioned.

Get to the Premier League with City and get that experience in a working environment that both respects and supports you. Then re-consider, if necessary, your career.  You are only young and there is plenty of time to assess your future given the situation you find yourself in.

46 minutes ago, glastonred said:

I would be astounded if Lee left for any other club right now. City is his team. He has an owner who stood by him in his darkest days. He would be crazy to walk away from this project anytime soon. As long as he is the figurehead City have a bright future.

Couldn't agree more. Loyalty works both ways.

Archived