Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Sign in to follow this  
Dollymarie

Flints header - image

Quite literally the only player tall enough on the pitch to have been able to clear that. Absolute top class defending.

According to the Torygraph (no, not my paper of choice but it's the cheapest way to get a bottle of water,) it was REID with the miraculous header off the line.

I guess they're similar in appearance....

• Haha 15

4 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

According to the Torygraph (no, not my paper of choice but it's the cheapest way to get a bottle of water,) it was REID with the miraculous header off the line.

...peas in a pod.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

ha ha, 3 foot in height, skin colour and tattoos, apart from that, separated at birth. ;).

Thought they were both fantastic last night, along with the other 9 hero's on the pitch.

7 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

ha ha, 3 foot in height, skin colour and tattoos, apart from that, separated at birth. ;).

Thought they were both fantastic last night, along with the other 9 hero's on the pitch.

To be fair they were wearing the same…:facepalm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

One of the best pieces of defending I’ve ever seen

A Banks / Pele moment

There was a mass gasp from those around me and looks of complete astonishment

What a defender , what a man

Just how good has he become , improved month by month , week by week in his time here

Flinty - you are everything I admire

:worship2::clap:

• Like 15

23 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Well, it is MY paper of choice (certainly no apologies) and you're wrong - it definitely says Flint made the header

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I think Sterling’s photo a second later sums it up really !!!!:clapping:

7DA50729-E11B-47BF-A0D7-BEC968DAC5D8.jpeg

If anyone is a dab hand on photoshop could have a lot of fun with this image...

14 minutes ago, Atyeo's lift said:

Well, it is MY paper of choice (certainly no apologies) and you're wrong - it definitely says Flint made the header

Do you think I make these things up?

IMG_20180110_122211.jpg

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Atyeo's lift said:

Maybe a different edition then - here's the quote from this morning's paper

I'll ask my mates who work there but strange they'd have two reporters covering given there's hardly anybody left in the sports room these days. Mine was credited to James Ducker, Northern Football Correspondent and his copy is wholly different from yours.

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

This picture (and the facial expressions) just gets better and better the more I look at it.

Flint - here I am, just doing what I do....

Frankie - Yep, my boy has got this, no worries

Baker and Sterling - Exactly how the **** has he managed to do that!!!! :shocking:

345B112D-8AB3-4969-948E-9225676A808D.jpeg

He had to duck to avoid taking the crossbar off !

27 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

"Wow, what a GOD of a defender" - any other captions?

3 minutes ago, Meryl Goodrum said:

Thank God he didn't hit the crossbar and injure himself. Not only a great defender but a brave one! Love ya Flinty x

He did, but the crossbar came off worse! :yes:;)

This picture (and the facial expressions) just gets better and better the more I look at it.

Baker and Sterling - Exactly how the **** has he managed to do that!!!! :shocking:

I mean the man is a god

I honestly think that could be one of the greatest goal line clearances EVER.

If that was Pique/VVD/Otamendi et al that did that, we would see it repeated every day.

• Like 2

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Sterling's reaction when he heard Jordan Henderson will be fit in time for the World Cup. 

• Haha 2

I love flinty and didn’t want him to go in the summer, but was sceptical that he’d be good enough. He’s proved everyone wrong, the guy is a beast and appears to be one of those players that just grows better and better as the team around him improves.

i don’t want him to go but I would now love to see what he could do in the prem, hopefully we’ll take him there 

• Like 1

I met Flinty at a private work function recently and speaking to him after at the bar, he is also a bloody nice guy who loves Bristol City! Will take a BIG offer to drag him away but I fear he is now in the headlights of the premiership head hunters!

What a player!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

One of the best pieces of defending I’ve ever seen

A Banks / Pele moment

There was a mass gasp from those around me and looks of complete astonishment

What a defender , what a man

Just how good has he become , improved month by month , week by week in his time here

Flinty - you are everything I admire

:worship2::clap:

I think he is someone who thrives on pressure and being pushed. He has constantly made steps up in quality. He was already an excellent championship defender last season but has continued to make massive improvements this season. Whatever the ins and outs of the potential transfer in the summer it has ended up being one of the keys to our successful season. 

We signed Baker as a replacement and the fact it all dragged on meant we kept Mags until it was too let to loan him out. Two of our back four last night are only here because of how the transfer played out. 

Add to that if Pisano is fit we have 3 CB who are exceptionally good at this level. I think this has (amongst other things) driven Flint onto another level.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

I saw that, obviously no copy readers these days, as it was contradictory...........

“Flint sent one clearance straight to De Bruyne, whose shot was expertly tipped over by Fielding, but the Bristol defender was his side’s saviour moments after Reid scored. Sterling was put through and looked to have drawn City level after chipping the onrushing Fielding, only for Reid to acrobatically head clear on the goal line.”

3 hours ago, Meryl Goodrum said:

Thank God he didn't hit the crossbar and injure himself. Not only a great defender but a brave one! Love ya Flinty x

He damaged some of the equipment behind the goal, which being repaired at halftime!

3 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

I'll ask my mates who work there but strange they'd have two reporters covering given there's hardly anybody left in the sports room these days. Mine was credited to James Ducker, Northern Football Correspondent and his copy is wholly different from yours.

Same credit here - I guess we have different editions (I'm in Devon) and at some point a copyeditor made the changes

5 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Is that picture on your cupboard wall - for when the man himself is not in residence?

Ive said this on another thread.

Watching live my first thought was that Flint had punched it over the bar, so expected a neatly and a red card. Could;t believe when they showed the replay that he had headed it over. 

Absolutely amazing defending and typified the teams' performance last night.

Great photo. Is it an official photographers photo or a screen Shot (too clear ?). Well done whoever took that.

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Great photo. Is it an official photographers photo or a screen Shot (too clear ?). Well done whoever took that.

Nicked it from a BBC tweet.