IGNORED

Flints header - image

Dollymarie

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

This picture (and the facial expressions) just gets better and better the more I look at it.

Flint - here I am, just doing what I do....

Frankie - Yep, my boy has got this, no worries

Baker and Sterling - Exactly how the **** has he managed to do that!!!! :shocking:

345B112D-8AB3-4969-948E-9225676A808D.jpeg

I love flinty and didn’t want him to go in the summer, but was sceptical that he’d be good enough. He’s proved everyone wrong, the guy is a beast and appears to be one of those players that just grows better and better as the team around him improves.

i don’t want him to go but I would now love to see what he could do in the prem, hopefully we’ll take him there 

I met Flinty at a private work function recently and speaking to him after at the bar, he is also a bloody nice guy who loves Bristol City! Will take a BIG offer to drag him away but I fear he is now in the headlights of the premiership head hunters!

What a player!

3 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

One of the best pieces of defending I’ve ever seen

A Banks / Pele moment

There was a mass gasp from those around me and looks of complete astonishment

What a defender , what a man

Just how good has he become , improved month by month , week by week in his time here

Flinty - you are everything I admire

:worship2::clap:

I think he is someone who thrives on pressure and being pushed. He has constantly made steps up in quality. He was already an excellent championship defender last season but has continued to make massive improvements this season. Whatever the ins and outs of the potential transfer in the summer it has ended up being one of the keys to our successful season. 

We signed Baker as a replacement and the fact it all dragged on meant we kept Mags until it was too let to loan him out. Two of our back four last night are only here because of how the transfer played out. 

Add to that if Pisano is fit we have 3 CB who are exceptionally good at this level. I think this has (amongst other things) driven Flint onto another level.

4 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

According to the Torygraph (no, not my paper of choice but it's the cheapest way to get a bottle of water,) it was REID with the miraculous header off the line.

I guess they're similar in appearance....

I saw that, obviously no copy readers these days, as it was contradictory...........

“Flint sent one clearance straight to De Bruyne, whose shot was expertly tipped over by Fielding, but the Bristol defender was his side’s saviour moments after Reid scored. Sterling was put through and looked to have drawn City level after chipping the onrushing Fielding, only for Reid to acrobatically head clear on the goal line.”

3 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

I'll ask my mates who work there but strange they'd have two reporters covering given there's hardly anybody left in the sports room these days. Mine was credited to James Ducker, Northern Football Correspondent and his copy is wholly different from yours.

Same credit here - I guess we have different editions (I'm in Devon) and at some point a copyeditor made the changes

5 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

This picture (and the facial expressions) just gets better and better the more I look at it.

Baker and Sterling - Exactly how the **** has he managed to do that!!!! :shocking:

Is that picture on your cupboard wall - for when the man himself is not in residence?

Ive said this on another thread.

Watching live my first thought was that Flint had punched it over the bar, so expected a neatly and a red card. Could;t believe when they showed the replay that he had headed it over. 

Absolutely amazing defending and typified the teams' performance last night.

11 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Wouldn’t you jump that high if you’d been couped up in an understairs cupboard since the window opened.

For me this epitomizes Flint.

He is what makes this team tick.

When you look at what Liverpool were looking for in Virgil V D which was a tall commanding centre half and what they paid for him, I would say Flint was priceless in comparison.

If I had to make a choice out of the four centre backs on show I know which one I'd pick.

He's not called Flint for nothing!

38 minutes ago, Swede said:

For me this epitomizes Flint.

He is what makes this team tick.

When you look at what Liverpool were looking for in Virgil V D which was a tall commanding centre half and what they paid for him, I would say Flint was priceless in comparison.

If I had to make a choice out of the four centre backs on show I know which one I'd pick.

He's not called Flint for nothing!

Baker

Archived