IGNORED

World cup callup

class not gas

46 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Well on this week’s evidence, Flint is better than Stones.

38 minutes ago, class not gas said:

Pack better than Pogba.

After the 1966 world cup the following ditty could be heard at AG;

Ay, ay ay ay,    Gibson is better than Yashin,    Crowe is better than Eusebio    and Rovers are in for a thrashoin!

1 hour ago, class not gas said:

Probably silly but does anyone think any of our players have an outside chance of a call up given all the media attention and praise were getting? By the way Bobby Reid is 33/1 for a call up.Stranger things have happened but given that championship players are generally  ignored I would say no.

Jamaica didn’t qualify. :P

• Admin

Given Southgate wants to play with wing backs and you can't rely on Rose being fit in the Summer, I have consistently called for Joe to get a call up. Where's the harm in calling him up for a friendly and seeing how he fits in in training with the current England players. Wing back is literally his strongest position. 

4 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Given Southgate wants to play with wing backs and you can't rely on Rose being fit in the Summer, I have consistently called for Joe to get a call up. Where's the harm in calling him up for a friendly and seeing how he fits in in training with the current England players. Wing back is literally his strongest position. 

Never going to happen

• Admin
2 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Never going to happen

I don't expect it to happen, I'm saying it deserves to happen. The only chance he has is if he scores a hat trick, whilst we keep a clean sheet in the Carabao Cup final. Southgate will watch that game at least right?

47 minutes ago, yardy said:

Imagine seeing one of our own playing for England in the World Cup,

In the final qualifying game for the 1958 World Cup  England needed a draw to go through. In the final minute, with England losing 2-1, John Atyeo leapt high in the air and headed home an equaliser.                     And that was the last time he played for England.:grr:

1 hour ago, Leveller said:

Well on this week’s evidence, Flint is better than Stones.

1 hour ago, class not gas said:

Pack better than Pogba.

For the oldies on here.

Aye, aye, aye, aye

Gibson is better than Yashin

Chris Crow's better than Eusebio and Rovers are in for a thrashin'

42 minutes ago, reformed_red said:

Even if Rose isn't fit...

Ryan Bertrand, Leighton Baines, Ashley Young, Kieron Gibbs.

I think Joey needs some Prem experience before we start searching for his Merlin sticker in June, as pecking order is unfortunately a part of natural selection.

Panini > Merlin :yes:

*don't know if Panini still exist 

Sadly I think it’s unlikely unless we become a prem side. I think the other issue for Joe in particular is that there’s lots of left sided defenders who (rightly or wrongly) would be seen as ahead of him.

One thing in our favour though is it’d be very good PR for Southgate. People are so tired of the same old faces that a wildcard might spark a bit of interest. 

Archived