IGNORED

New Training Ground

JasonM88

18 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

Given how hard it is to build anything in this city I'm surprised there hasn't been a rise in YIMBY groups looking for influence in the council.

Hell, given how the mayor seems to have done **** all for the past few years, I reckon that someone that campaigns on the sole basis of fast-tracking new development in the city (new arena, new training ground, new stadium for UWE and the gas) would probably storm to victory.

Think its North Somerset council which is why we stand a chance of something happening :laugh:

10 minutes ago, hodge said:

Think its North Somerset council which is why we stand a chance of something happening :laugh:

They're possibly worse than BCC if that's possible.   All dictated by the Weston Tory Maffia.  Remember the trouble we had with a 20 metre access road to Ashton Vale!?

1 minute ago, Tomarse said:

They're possibly worse than BCC if that's possible.   All dictated by the Weston Tory Maffia.  Remember the trouble we had with a 20 metre access road to Ashton Vale!?

Forgot that was them 

Image result for we're doomed gif

11 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

After the Ashton Vale fiasco, do you get the impression that Bristol City FC is located in the wrong place?

I.e. Bristol

41 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

"Decision over proposed football stadium in village deferred" 

Stadium? Really?

SHite stirring, to get responses from locals, which then gives the media more stories, to sell adverts before and after. It fuels the media only.

They've had three hundred comments, not dissected into for or against, just 300 comments, from a population of 209,000. The local councillor who thinks BCFC are a "hugely profitable" organisation, who should contribute to the area. Pratt, they do, and will continue to contribute. The blokes just after what is effectively a bribe to the local community.

34 minutes ago, Rich said:

SHite stirring, to get responses from locals, which then gives the media more stories, to sell adverts before and after. It fuels the media only.

That’s absolute bollocks mate. I used to work for NST and you couldn’t be further from the truth.

16 minutes ago, RonWalker said:

That’s absolute bollocks mate. I used to work for NST and you couldn’t be further from the truth.

Lifetime of experience mate. What did you do, deliver papers?

The fact (if you say so) that you used to work for them means jack shyte. It's what happens now. The Post used to be an independent paper, now it's run by the Mirror group and bares no resemblance to past productions.

I've just had a look at your old newspaper online, It's full of adverts, that's how they keep going, by selling ad space, the more hits, the more money they get from advertisers.

In my opinion, the wording has been used to make the story more dramatic. It's not a stadium, it's a training ground. 

24 minutes ago, Rich said:

Lifetime of experience mate. What did you do, deliver papers?

The fact (if you say so) that you used to work for them means jack shyte. It's what happens now. The Post used to be an independent paper, now it's run by the Mirror group and bares no resemblance to past productions.

I've just had a look at your old newspaper online, It's full of adverts, that's how they keep going, by selling ad space, the more hits, the more money they get from advertisers.

In my opinion, the wording has been used to make the story more dramatic. It's not a stadium, it's a training ground. 

No I was a cleaner. Not going to get into the ins and outs because no one cares, and you don’t have a clue, as much as I bow down to your “lifetime of experience” - but they’re not clickbaiters.

To many outsiders the build would encorporate a stadium. Its got a stand with seats in for people to watch a game; fits the bill. There isn’t really a name for it. It’s certainly not a “training ground” though, we’ve got one of them already.

13 minutes ago, RonWalker said:

No I was a cleaner. Not going to get into the ins and outs because no one cares, and you don’t have a clue, as much as I bow down to your “lifetime of experience” - but they’re not clickbaiters.

To many outsiders the build would encorporate a stadium. Its got a stand with seats in for people to watch a game; fits the bill. There isn’t really a name for it. It’s certainly not a “training ground” though, we’ve got one of them already.

I would argue it does come under training ground/complex, Swansea have 200/300 seats in a stand at their academy but there's no way in hell you'd call it a stadium.

Image result for swansea city landore training ground

On 06/08/2018 at 11:30, Tomarse said:

Not so sure it’s the Weston Tory Mafia. More like Portishead, Clevedon, Long Ashton Tory Mafia. 

5 minutes ago, hodge said:

I would argue it does come under training ground/complex, Swansea have 200/300 seats in a stand at their academy but there's no way in hell you'd call it a stadium.

Image result for swansea city landore training ground

What I meant was you and me aren't the average parishioner of Long Ashton and its surroundings - this new stand, let's call it that, has more seats than some grounds you'd define as stadia. And when you say training ground, you think of the whole complex, right? Or I do anyway

20 minutes ago, RonWalker said:

How the hell can anyone call it a stadium? All 300 complaints have come from members of the golf club next door.

1 minute ago, RonWalker said:

What I meant was you and me aren't the average parishioner of Long Ashton and its surroundings - this new stand, let's call it that, has more seats than some grounds you'd define as stadia. And when you say training ground, you think of the whole complex, right? Or I do anyway

The thing with ours is it will be built into the primary building at the training ground so at the same time we can argue its a building. The amount of people is irrelevant as the person put in charge to observe and decide on an increase in road usage has said its minimal.

Pretty pointless though as its just technicalities and largely something I don't think will stand in our way. (okay re reading that a pun wasn't intentional...)

13 hours ago, RonWalker said:

That's exactly what I was saying in my first post, which you rudely called out as bollocks, hence my response. The locals know no difference so, paint a different picture and get a bigger response and story, it helps sell papers.

16 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

"Decision over proposed football stadium in village deferred" 

Stadium? Really?

In village? 

It's not in Long Ashton village. Neither is it in Failand village. 

It will be a sports field with an administrative building, and is surrounded by other sports grounds like BGS, QEH, and other similar organisations. 

It will not interfere with village life in Failand or Long Ashton in any way. The delay could have been predicted. Simply because it is BCFC. If it had been Clifton College or Bristol University there would not have been one letter against it. 

This is a campaign by The Haves, to keep out the riff raff! 

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Odd, because that falls Geographically in North Somerset...(though some parts of it have a BS postcode).

I knew that Mr P,  but used geographical artistic licence for the purpose of my post.

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I get it tbh.

Either way, seems neither council are exactly conducive to us growing as a club etc.

As Steelers Wheel once sang 

Jokers to left of us

Clowns to the right

We're stuck in the middle ..............

11 hours ago, Rich said:

That's exactly what I was saying in my first post, which you rudely called out as bollocks, hence my response. The locals know no difference so, paint a different picture and get a bigger response and story, it helps sell papers.

It’s as much a stadium as a training ground. Thanks.

19 hours ago, RonWalker said:

It’s as much a stadium as a training ground. Thanks.

Are you sure you don't still work for the newspaper?

In your opinion it's as much a stadium as a training ground, so, why describe it as a stadium? How many stadiums have three pitches, seven a side pitches and goalkeepers pitches? Definitions of stadium in the Collins and Cambridge dictionary refer to seating all the way around, this facility is then, clearly not a stadium, except in yours and the writer of the report (trainee Henry Woodsford) opinions.

As I originally said, the term stadium must have been used to provoke a response, which according to their online version, it most certainly did. It might not be click bait as you say, but, like most journalism, it sensationalises what is essentially a small local story, affecting a few people, to make it a bigger story affecting more.

Thanks.

Archived