IGNORED

The Bristol City v Norwich City Match Day Thread 27

Just now, Red Army 87 said:

I would guess that pack sits in front of the back 4 and Walsh / smith have more fluid roles in front of him. Will be really interesting to see how it pans out.

Yeh I'd expect Pack to sit deepest of the three.  Reckon they'l be fairly fluid though, Smith is capable of going forward, and Pack will take on a shot from the edge of the box if called upon.  Early days for Walsh but he did have that one little foray into the Man City box didn't he.  I'd hope to see them passing and moving, advancing and covering for each other and all the while allowing Brownhill and Pato to help Reid out.

Also, how nice is it to see Bryan back at LB, and to know that in Mags there's more than capable cover on the bench if needed.

• Like 1
Just now, Alessandro said:

Walsh in the hole and Pato left?

Or Walsh left and Pato in the hole?

Well, if we’re not sure, imagine Norwich will struggle to figure it out!

If you factor in Bobby only moving up top this year, we’re playing with no recognised striker - plenty of potential for runs from midfield and interchanging positions; could be very interesting to see how Norwich cope.

COYR

Edited by samo II
  • Like 1
Just now, Major Isewater said:

He just looks too cumbersome for a left back . I prefer him at Centre back but he's got his work cut out there to dislodge the three excellent CB's in front of him .

I agree, I find him too casual at times and also feel his worst performances have been in the more physical games, I believe that if Vyner and Kelly had more experience he maybe wouldn't get a look in.

Just now, Luxo Jr. said:

Why would you want that? Kent's been there a day. Walsh was good vs City and has been there a week.

Kent strikes me as the one to be direct, take on opponents, power forward - get fans on the edge of their seat type.

Walsh neat & tidy, useful addition but not as exciting a prospect, hope he proves me wrong and scores inside 10 mins!

Just now, old_eastender said:

Kent strikes me as the one to be direct, take on opponents, power forward - get fans on the edge of their seat type.

Walsh neat & tidy, useful addition but not as exciting a prospect, hope he proves me wrong and scores inside 10 mins!

But he won't fit into the squad yet, he won't be up to the defensive responsibility. I think for now he's suited to a flair cameo from the bench.

• Like 1