IGNORED

The Bristol City v Norwich City Match Day Thread 27

5 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

My age makes no difference - always a ridiculous argument. I was there for the 2007/8 season anyway.

You've given our two respective signings 60 and 30 minutes until you dismiss them. Shut up.

Sorry thought this was a forum to express ideas and views 

My memories go back to 1950/51

This is my view

Sorry you think I shouldn’t express it.  are youThe Donald ?!!

Edited by Ivorguy

I'd have been happy with a draw, but playing against Man City probably drained a lot of energies, and right now our reserves don't have the same impact on matches as the regulars (except the news signings, who are not judgeable yet).

Now Derby game becomes even more important: let's hope to have at least one injuried player back (Famara?).

Edited by Dan Robin
3 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Sorry but you are clearly younger than me

I haven’t decades to wait for City management to learn how to capitalise on success

Just so depressing for those of us who have supported City for decade after decade

Here he is, back again now there's something to moan about.

2 minutes ago, Johnr1986 said:

Think automatic looks unrealistic now, 3 loses in row bad form, can’t see us getting anything for Derby, would take 6th in heart beat right now! 

With Derby and Man City up next would be favoriates to lose seven on the bounce, which feels a bit odd really.

Easy in hindsight, but given everyone being 100% would have started with the same 11 and bought on Kent and/or Walsh if things were going ok. We just sounded a bit disjointed.

Disappointing, need to get back to some league form. Thin lines went against us today.

1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

Sorry thought this was a forum to express ideas and views 

My memories go back to 1950/51

This is my view

Sorry you think I shouldn’t express it.  You are. Or The Donald are you?!!

No, you can express it. I just think you're expressing it like it's fact, which it isn't.

I'm saying I think you should shut up. 

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

So far match suggests we need more than two incomers at same standard as we have already

Same old City, not capitalising on success

Prove me wrong and win this match with a Kent goal, and announce two quality signings next week

PLEASE

Thinking about the amount of money we pissed against the wall with David James etc this is the time to throw a bit of cash at 4 players to guarantee top 6 finish. The exsisting players won’t care if they are discernibly better than them. They will if it’s just more competition or superstar kids who have done nothing eg Angel Gomez, Axel Tuanzebe. John Walters etc is what we need.

Edited by JackIKnowski
  • Like 1

Gutting - not what we needed at all would have even taken a draw after what was a draining game on Tuesday, but that is frustrating.

Think we need more options up front and quick; waiting for injured players to return and relying on a Bobby when others are misfiring is blunting our edge.  Be good to see a fresh face up top ASAP so we avoid drifting out of contention.

Derby is going to be very tough.

1 minute ago, JackIKnowski said:

Thinking about the amount of money we pissed against the wall with David James etc this is the time to throw a bit of cash at 4 players to guarantee top 6 finish. The exhausting players won’t care if they are discernibly better than them. They will if it’s just more competition or superstar kids who gave done nothing. John Walters etc is what we need.

JONATHAN WALTERS?!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Just a thought, maybe Magnússon was knackered after playing 90 minutes against Sterling in the week?

I think the whole team was knackered, that’s why using only one sub in Manchester was a strange decision imo.

Coaches are very clever in this league, they are now well aware of how we play, and will set up to stop us in the first instance. We need a physical presence up top in some of these games, because Bobby Reid  for all his skill and energy just can’t cope with the physical side and still create.

The sooner our injured forwards get fit the better. The players have been fantastic, but the same ones can’t be expected to do it every game.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

It happens to a team every season, a good cup run seems to effect league form.

Plus, if you were the Norwich manager you would stick a physical presence up against Bobby Reid, we are in need of getting our injured players back very quickly.

No it doesn't.

Didn't Bradford have superb cup run and get promoted. ? 

I understand your logic though .

I think the cup run has been good for us .

We need a bit of a break which we're not getting at the moment.

As for Norwich they looked good and if they had a forward we would have lost 3 or 4 nil .

Very disappointed by the result but we have played some neat football just lacked a bit of quality in the final third .

Again .

Perhaps we do need another striker . 

• Like 1

Whatever the question is, Flint up top is not the answer. Disappointed today; we had the possession, made the running, but werent able to open Norwich up. They came with a game plan and it worked well.  As was previousy mentioned, the new boys havent been playing and didnt really help the cause today. Pity as we dont have many options at the moment. Striker to come in?

16 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Not the reason for today. All down to LJ playing Walsh in the no.10 role, instead of Pato who was then ineffective on LHS of midfield. We would have done much better with same starting line-up as against Man City. Pato in the hole, Bryan LHS midfield, Mags LB.

Easy this football manager stuff with Hindsight

3 minutes ago, cityexile said:

With Derby and Man City up next would be favoriates to lose seven on the bounce, which feels a bit odd really.

Easy in hindsight, but given everyone being 100% would have started with the same 11 and bought on Kent and/or Walsh if things were going ok. We just sounded a bit disjointed.

Disappointing, need to get back to some league form. Thin lines went against us today.

3 in a row the league ( include cups it 5 and most likely be 7) very disappointing today understand why we didn’t play the same 11 against Manchester C but imo Johnson should of done, looked disjointed and poor just very frustrating! Going by today Walsh is not a 10 , talented with potential but we  Need better personal than what we currently have if we are to maintain where we are and want to be plan and simply, 

1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

Thanks for accepting criticism

Appreciate your brad mindedness

Your only criticism of me so far has been that I'm younger than you. I will happily take criticism though, and I was slightly harsh with what I said, mainly because I think you're being ridiculously harsh on the club.

You're saying you wish we'd brought in players of real quality (by the way, the transfer window's not even half gone), and if you're already not happy with the players we've brought in after they've been here for a combined total of 8 days, I want to know who you'd have us bring in.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Please get facts right

I have posted lots of positives re team

My gripe is wit the club not building on team‘s success

But I guess you are only interested in your own agenda

I don't have an agenda per se, just a firmly held belief that you are a moany, vituperative old **** who only posts to whinge.

I will bid you good evening.

Edited by Stortz
  • Like 3
4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

No it doesn't.

Didn't Bradford have superb cup run and get promoted. ? 

I understand your logic though .

I think the cup run has been good for us .

We need a bit of a break which we're not getting at the moment.

As for Norwich they looked good and if they had a forward we would have lost 3 or 4 nil .

Very disappointed by the result but we have played some neat football just lacked a bit of quality in the final third .

Again .

Perhaps we do need another striker . 

Bradford’s League form took a massive dip that season, they slipped to 7th, but they did manage to go up in the play offs.

Just saying!

2 minutes ago, intercity said:

Whatever the question is, Flint up top is not the answer. Disappointed today; we had the possession, made the running, but werent able to open Norwich up. They came with a game plan and it worked well.  As was previousy mentioned, the new boys havent been playing and didnt really help the cause today. Pity as we dont have many options at the moment. Striker to come in?

I thought we finally actually disrupted their back line once Flint came on. Until then they had looked comfortable.

• Like 1

More than happy for Walsh and Kent to come into the squad, as they'll both prove valuable acquisitions over the coming months. My one gripe is that they both probably need a month or so to get up to speed, and being thrown into a team competing for promotion in one of the most physically draining leagues in Europe is not really ideal. Both need easing into the side gently. 

It would be great to add 2 more whom are really up to speed with the Championship, players you can pretty much throw into the deep end straight away. Still time to act on this, and I'm sure that the coaching staff/board will be looking even harder now and getting some more business done before the end of the month. 

Plus obviously getting Fam, Djuric and COD back in the next 3-4 weeks would be huge for us. 

5 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

Easy this football manager stuff with Hindsight

Take your point, but why shoe horn Walsh into the side, displacing Pato from his normal role where he has been so good and gets up and supports Reid.

End result, Pato ineffective, Walsh ineffective, City going forward ineffective.

Edited by old_eastender
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Just give Preston whatever they want for Hugill. He'd have made the difference today.

Well, he would have had our crossing not been so crap. :whistle:

I thought Walsh's crosses and corners were driven  in with pace .

He looks a good little player . He had energy , was organising everyone around him and has quick feet .

As for Kent , début to forget .

Clearly way off match speed so eager to please so I'll say no more .