IGNORED

Norwich fans after match

sglosbcfc

This surprises me. In the playoff season we went up there and beat them. At the time I was living a stones throw from Carrow Road - walked out of the ground, red shirt n' all, up through the middle of the yellow hoardes back to my flat. Not an inkling of trouble, and many said stuff like "fair play, good game, good luck for the rest of the season etc".

I suppose every club has the braindead few though, and although I wouldn't normally condone it, from the sounds of it these "fans" got what they deserved/came looking for.

17 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Ive Heard it all now, Norwich having a little ‘pop’ at Ashton Gate :rofl2br:

Hahaha my thoughts exactly :facepalm:  I wasn't there yesterday but i must admitt if me and the boys i know saw a group of Norwich coming towards i think we would surrender in laughter mind!

5 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

Sounds like a bunch of young lads who thought they were untouchable. I'm sure I'm not the only one on this forum who was a bit gobby in their youth. I don't condone violence but hopefully they've learned the hard way that their behaviour wasn't acceptable.

Mostly a good lot but some strange birds in there too. I remember once bumping into half a dozen or so young canaries in team shirts one midweek lunchtime loudly singing to no one in particular about the IRA. 

On 1/13/2018 at 19:52, Portland Bill said:

Ive Heard it all now, Norwich having a little ‘pop’ at Ashton Gate :rofl2br:

This has to be the most unlikely thread I've ever seen. Norwich would struggle to turn a duvet over, what the hell gave them the idea to play up in BS3? I'm wondering how any of 'our lot' managed to keep a straight face. 

23 hours ago, Lew-T said:

What exactly did they do? Young lads?

No not that young. I was trying not to make eye contact as I was with my young kids and they were acting increasingly erratically. I'm guessing a mixture of 20s and 30s. Started off like boisterous high jinks but when I turned down the road they were becoming increasingly aggressive and appearing to be spoiling for a fight.

9 minutes ago, shelts said:

Looked like students to me . Was talking to a Canary after the game and she thought they deserved a hiding , she also pointed out we was nowhere near as bad as Sheffield United as they attacked everyone ....wtf 

That's true, Sheff Utd attacked the Norwich coaches. They also tried to force their ay into the away end against us

1 hour ago, Busterrimes said:

That's true, Sheff Utd attacked the Norwich coaches. They also tried to force their ay into the away end against us

Sheff Utd Have caused problems at virtually away Ground this season - guess they’re all excited being back in Championship and going well 

If we are both in the PO mix our final league game could be interesting 

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Sheff Utd Have caused problems at virtually away Ground this season - guess they’re all excited being back in Championship and going well 

Strange isn't it, there's nothing at their home games, not even an atmosphere but they're playing up a bit away from home.

I don't recall our away fans being like that in 2008? We only really get trouble at Cardiff or in the midlands nowadays.

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Yes, and hopefully the club don't give them the whole Atyeo :facepalm:

5 minutes ago, BCFC J said:

Strange isn't it, there's nothing at their home games, not even an atmosphere but they're playing up a bit away from home.

I don't recall our away fans being like that in 2008? We only really get trouble at Cardiff or in the midlands nowadays.

I'd say we were exactly like that in 2008!

14 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yes, and hopefully the club don't give them the whole Atyeo :facepalm:

I'd say we were exactly like that in 2008!

I didn't go away regularly in 2008, started in about 2010 and there's never really much nowadays is there.

I hope we do give the Blades the whole Atyeo if they need something, will be a laugh afterwards if they don't get the result they come for.

12 minutes ago, BCFC J said:

Who and when? If you're on about SU they brought 600 down to us last time we played at ours.

Sorry should of been clearer . Late 80,s (I think). Had full Away end to the right . A and B block in dolman. Mayhem. Only time I went in the eastend on my own. As normally sat on wall in the enclosure . But my old man said go for it . Absolutely shit myself. Only 12 :rofl2br:

1 minute ago, Red Army 75 said:

Sorry should of been clearer . Late 80,s (I think). Had full Away end to the right . A and B block in dolman. Mayhem. Only time I went in the eastend on my own. As normally sat on wall in the enclosure . But my old man said go for it . Absolutely shit myself. Only 12 :rofl2br:

I remember that game. Sat in the Dolman for one the very few times ever. If I remember rightly it was 89 - oddly the season we last got to the semi final. Weird how these things work!

Total carnage. The game was stopped a few times I think.

I have a memory of someone being stabbed inside ground. That might just be my old age playing tricks though. I was only young at the time.

1 minute ago, Clint said:

I remember that. I think Dave Bassett was their manager and was the play offs. It kicked off up in the Doleman before the game started then carried on throughout the match and then outside afterwards!

Was that when the pitch was a mess from an American Football game and Bassett said he wouldn't graze horses on it?

18 minutes ago, Clint said:

I remember that. I think Dave Bassett was their manager and was the play offs. It kicked off up in the Doleman before the game started then carried on throughout the match and then outside afterwards!

no it wasn't....play offs were 87/88 season sunday night game I think

next season sheff utd were up and we played em at home virtually last game of season when there was a few ding dongs 88/89

25 minutes ago, Clint said:

Well it was the play off one I remember and we won the first leg 1.0!

Sheffield were in division 2 and we were in Division 3 

The game where it went off in the Dolman and on the pitch, ‘wasn’t’ the play off game.

The game in question was our last home game of the season ( with us having nothing to play for) and Sheffield United came to celebrate their promotion. 

The play off 2nd leg was a different game.

51 minutes ago, Clint said:

Well it was the play off one I remember and we won the first leg 1.0!

Sheffield were in division 2 and we were in Division 3 

That play off game was the reason they stopped having a club from the league above in them IIRC. There was so much trouble all over Sheffield after we went through at Bramall Lane that they decided to stop it.

33 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

That play off game was the reason they stopped having a club from the league above in them IIRC. There was so much trouble all over Sheffield after we went through at Bramall Lane that they decided to stop it.

My recollection is that the bottom/top club play-offs were stopped when Middlesbrough sent Chelsea down back in the late 1980s - carnage at Stamford Bridge.

42 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Carl Shutt scoring our goal there didn’t help either:clapping: 

Archived