IGNORED

Help for travelling away supporter

bigdavecox90

Hi all,

Nice to meet you - Dave here. Sorry for encroaching on your forum.

I am travelling from Bournemouth for the City game on 23rd January and I'm weighing up best mode of transport. Ideally like to have a few drinks but can drive if needs be.

Can I ask any advice? Is there suitable parking close to the ground?

Has anyone or does anyone do this journey regularly and know of the best way?

Thanks all and understand if this mods decide to delete.

Dave

26 minutes ago, bigdavecox90 said:

Hi all,

I am travelling from Bournemouth for the City game on 23rd January and I'm weighing up best mode of transport. Ideally like to have a few drinks but can drive if needs be.

Dave

About 3 1/2 hours on train (change at Soton)  .........change at Bristol TM for Parsons St . Doubt train back at that time !

4 hours ago, bigdavecox90 said:

Thanks both so far.

Have weighed up the train - biggest issue is I can't get home unless I want a 4 1/2 hour journey home arriving at 2.15am! :-(

I'd take the hit on the train, Dave.
I don't reckon you'd be home much before 1.00 a.m. if you drove up and back from Bournemouth, tbh.
Train and beer for me - all day!

5 hours ago, bigdavecox90 said:

Hi all,

Dave

Surely, living in Bournemouth you're a ManU supporter? ;)

sounds daft I know but you could drive to pill coming of the motorway at junction 19 m5 at Gordano, have a drink in the village and get the bus to the ground only 15 mins, the bus back after the game is only 200 yards from the ground number x4 ask the first driver where to pick up and it leaves back to pill at 17,25 only 5 mins then back to the motorway.

4 minutes ago, pillred said:

sounds daft I know but you could drive to pill coming of the motorway at junction 19 m5 at Gordano, have a drink in the village and get the bus to the ground only 15 mins, the bus back after the game is only 200 yards from the ground number x4 ask the first driver where to pick up and it leaves back to pill at 17,25 only 5 mins then back to the motorway.

It does sound just a little bit daft as the match kicks off at 19H45....:whistle::thumbsup:.

Although, having considered this further (hence the edit) perhaps NTTDS might be able to help. 

5 minutes ago, South Somerset Red said:

Easiest place to park is Bedminster Cricket Club. I'm not to sure of the lines around Bournmouth area but i some times catch the train up from Taunton which is direct to Temple Meads and takes around 40 mins. You could drive to Taunton and catch the train up from there all be it  must be an hour and half journey to Taunton.

From Bournemouth, it would probably be just as quick to belt up the A34 and catch the mainline from Reading / Didcot / Swindown straight into TM. 

There are park and rides you could use bigdave, coming from either the Bath or the M5 side. Saves trying to park and it's only £4. It does get busy though. 

I use to live in Bournemouth and would always come back to Bristol via A350 and then A36. Come off A36 at Hinton Charterhouse and cut up to Newton St Loe and onto Bath Road. From there you could head straight up to Brislington and get AG2 matchday bus from the park and ride which leaves every 30 mins between 5.20pm and 7.20pm.

Thanks for all the honest help here guys, really appreciate it.

To be honest, I do think I'm going to just bite the bullet and drive as I can't catch the train so unable to drink anyway! :-(

Anyone know how much it is to park at the cricket club? Is there plenty of space? Don't want to leave too late and then struggle to park too!

1 hour ago, bigdavecox90 said:

Thanks for all the honest help here guys, really appreciate it.

To be honest, I do think I'm going to just bite the bullet and drive as I can't catch the train so unable to drink anyway! :-(

Anyone know how much it is to park at the cricket club? Is there plenty of space? Don't want to leave too late and then struggle to park too!

It's £5 bigdave. Loads of room and they even have a nice bar at the cricket club. Dead easy to get out after the game too.

11 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

It's £5 bigdave. Loads of room and they even have a nice bar at the cricket club. Dead easy to get out after the game too.

The cricket club is a fiver, but not many spaces and they go quick.

The big field next to them that does have a lot of space but is nothing to do with the cricket club has put the price up to £10 now and wouldn't be surprised if they increased it again for the Man City game.

18 minutes ago, Coppello said:

If I read the sign correctly when I drove past for the Man Utd game, they pushed it up to £20!

17 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

The cricket club is a fiver, but not many spaces and they go quick.

The big field next to them that does have a lot of space but is nothing to do with the cricket club has put the price up to £10 now and wouldn't be surprised if they increased it again for the Man City game.

Thanks chaps, I was unaware of that. £20? Jeez! I've only used it once and that was for the Birmingham game last season, there seemed to be loads of space although that might have been the adjoining field I was looking at. 

12 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Thanks chaps, I was unaware of that. £20? Jeez! I've only used it once and that was for the Birmingham game last season, there seemed to be loads of space although that might have been the adjoining field I was looking at. 

10 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

The cricket club said that wasn't them and was a field next door?

Sorry, my mistake! I can't believe that the neighbours thought it was acceptable to charge that much!

Archived