IGNORED

Engvall hip injury

Wolf Island

54 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Not overly concerned with the amount of goals Taylor Moore and Lucic score TBH. 

McClousky getting great returns out on loan (maybe helps that he didn’t turn the loan down) as is Jonny Bale.

Diego and Arnie will never get near the first team and didn’t cost £2m like Gus but yes I wouldn’t be sad to see either move on.

Logic doesn’t have to apply across the board fella, you just have to think things through. 

So are non attacking players exempt?

Engvall’s return in a higher standard league is similar.

Engvall’s fee was undisclosed so £2m is speculation isn’t it?

’Logic doesn’t have to apply across the board’ why doesn’t it?

11 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

But that was the summer of 2016... he’s had plenty of time to step up since. 

I’m not really disputing that, I just think that we as fans can’t write him off as there’s not enough evidence that any of us have seen. 8 appearances since he joined (including off the bench) isn’t enough.

There’s obviously a good reason why the management haven’t played him - however I think the wider context of his issues moving country and injuries.. combined with a desire to play for Sweden u21.. haven’t helped things.

1 hour ago, SX227 said:

I always enjoyed your posts up until this thread.

I really don't understand your constant berating of players who for no fault of their own aren't progressing at warp speed.

Gus, McClousky, De Girolamo, Lucic, Jonny Smith, Taylor Moore and Garita were bought because City decided to.

They were offered contracts and accepted them.

Every player has done exactly as the club has instructed.

Engvall DID turn down a L2 loan - opting to play in the top Swedish League instead - a higher level!

None of the players above have sulked, spat the dummy or asked to leave.

Compare them to Tomlin.

Engvall is 21.

Twenty One.

He has moved countries, bought his partner here who has enrolled in Uni. Gus, I believe is also studying one day per week. He trains, plays with the U-21's, U-23's - whatever he is asked to do.

We are in the championship, in the play-offs, so I understand that you possibly would like better players in asap.

BUT THAT IS NOT HOW WE DO IT ANYMORE.

We persevere with these kids (because in football terms there are kids) and give them a chance to show what they can do. Engvall has scored in the top Swedish League, and represented his country. Jonny Smith, the same age, plays in some obscure league,yet gets no crap at all?

I can only assume this is some personal thing with Engvall?

People crapped all over Mags for ages - now look at him. For me, 1st choice LB.

Give Gus the same chance to play 20 games and THEN make a decision. Even if he is terrible, clubs will still pay a fee for him.

If he plays well, then we are quids in.

Too many City fans are confusing a semi-final, and play-off spot with the divine right to sign Messi on loan.

We haven't won anything yet, and are not even certain to finish top 10.

Only on OTIB do we hang, draw and quarter a bloke for being injured in training.

Get a grip people FFS!

Only on OTIB this happens? 

Only on OTIB is there over-reaction, rush to judgement, quick-to-anger/slow-to-praise, irascible dummy-spitting-out, and general losing-the-plot-with-someone-or-something-to-do-with-the-club? And the Messi thing you mention there?

5 minutes ago, ciderwithtommy said:

We had eyes on Gus and Ollie Watkins at the same time, from what I understand LJ favoured Watkins but we went with Gus - these things don’t Always turn out ala Kodjia, he will ship out soon no doubt and will be hopefully the exception as opposed to the norm. 

Aargh! Look at what we could’ve won! #2020 hindsight

He's an unknown quantity- at least as far as we're concerned- for us I think.

Because he has played so little in a season and a half, it's impossible to draw concrete conclusions IMO. He clearly has something or he wouldn't be in Sweden U21s and possible future international, decent side.

Could this injury- think @spudski said something about a recurring one- indicate a lack of physicality? Perhaps- he could be reasonably talented but just not suited to the English game, same as players good here may not necessarily prosper in Europe. It happens everywhere. Some players, even talented or at least decent ones, just aren't suited to some Leagues.

Archived