IGNORED

The Derby County v Bristol City Match Day Thread 28

Takes me back to the last game of the 1968-69 seasons. Derby had won the old div 2 title that they were presented to after the match. This was  Brian Clough first season as manager. 31,000 in the ground we were upstairs in one of the wooden stands behind the goal. The stand was bouncing up and down as they trashed us 5-0. Seem to remember Alan Hinton hitting one from 40 yards. Hoping for a below average Derby performance tonight. The crowd getting on their backs 0-0 till the last minute, then a Flint header into the top corner. 0-1. If not a 0-0 would be very good. 

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

Only one defender on the bench though. Although we have got Bryan to move around, prefer him in midfield with mags behind at the moment though.

Smith could also move to right back, with Wright moving into the middle, if a central defender was injured. The problem with these type of permutations is it means making two changes. 

1 minute ago, Sleepy1968 said:

No Taylor or Woodrow. Maybe Taylor is on his way. Nice to see Fammy and Engvall on the bench.

Or maybe he's been poor recently and LJ's decided to drop him in favour of our record signing.

Wouldn't read in to it too much.

5 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Nice to Diédhiou

to Diédhiou

NICE!

I bet you’ve been saving that one since the Crystal Palace match. I bet if he scores it will be “Didn’t he do well”, and if City win it will be “Good game, good game”

• Like 4
1 minute ago, pongo88 said:

I bet you’ve been saving that one since the Crystal Palace match. I bet if he scores it will be “Didn’t he do well”, and if City win it will be “Good game, good game”

No. I've decided on; Famara, Famara, I love you Famara, you were only a day. A. Waaaaaaaaaaay!

(Tablets please nurse!)

• Haha 1

It's been 16 hours and 99 days,

Since they took Famara away,

I go to Ashton Gate and sing your name,

Since they took Famara away,

I can watch Bobby Reid in the Etihad,

But nothing can take away these blues,

Cause nothing compares, nothing compares,

To Famara Diedhiou

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
2 minutes ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

Sky show their bias within 30 seconds of coverage. Steve McLaren intro’d as a former Derby manager. Minto forgets he’s also a former City player. And the other pundit is Keith Andrews who knows nothing about City but seems to hate us anyway. :grr:

Paranoia. There is absolutely no reason why they’d be biased. Anyway, the whole media have been raving about us all season, especially since United.