IGNORED

Singing section asked to sit in allocated seats for Man City game

Vincent Vega

At both the Manchester United game, and the forthcoming semi-final fixture with Manchester City, the 10 per cent reduction was removed in the singing section to enable more supporters to purchase tickets and watch the match.

Following feedback from fans at the Man United game, we held a review into the area when it is used at full capacity. This included discussions with the Ashton Gate safety team and Avon & Somerset Police.

Whilst we acknowledge it is not what fans are used to for this area, we will need to ask everyone to work with the club and the stadium team to sit in the seats they have been allocated for this match only.

This will ensure everyone is able to enjoy the match and get behind the team from the off. We really appreciate everyone’s cooperation for this match.

Thank you for your support.

Bristol City Football Club

Just received this e-mail from the club. Personally didn’t see any problems in this area against Man United. 

1 minute ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

I read this as you need to "occupy" the seat on the ticket rather than go where you want. 

Nothing on the email says sitting down will be enforced.

Even standing in allocated seats won’t work because lots of fans would usually stand with people who’s seats are allocated all over the place, and will want to stand with them again at the Man City game

I always stand on the end of the same row . So my boy can see and when we score its easy for him . That’s why the unreserved area is brilliant for kids . I notice quite a few women with there kids in there . Who sit near the front and are safe . Let’s hope there not stuck next to some pissed up idiots. And also the kids can’t see .

Just another attempt by the club to provoke a response from those in the singing section so they've got an excuse to make the singing section extinct.

The recent home game only a month or so ago (think it was Leeds) where 20 odd coppers were 'positioned' in the singing section was another failed attempt to break us up!

Unfortunately, the club know that at least one fan in the singing section won't abide by this and will ultimately use it against us!

I hate modern football and what the club/Bristol sport are doing to the core support! 

I'm sure for one game fans can 'occupy' their seat printed on the ticket.??!!

Not a big ask and fair enough from the club.

Its so more fans get to see the game. If people can't see past that then they are very selfish. You can still sing and stand just make sure it's in front of seat printed on ticket!!

5 minutes ago, nigelb76 said:

Not sure why the idiots in this section can’t comply with the rules like we all have to, they all think they’re super fans. Well believe me, they’re not. 

In my best David Attenborogh "And here we have a now more common variety of bellus endus, once almost extinct but now thriving in the modern world."

5 minutes ago, nigelb76 said:

Not sure why the idiots in this section can’t comply with the rules like we all have to, they all think they’re super fans. Well believe me, they’re not. 

It's nothing to do with superiorty. All the season ticket holders in that section have purchased "unreserved" seats for the "season". 

For example when I purchased my ticket before the season myself and two friends I stand with at the game were unable to get seats next to one another but that didn't matter as they are unreserved. Due to the club selling more seats and now a minority complaining they have upset the majority in this area who attend each game not just now and again. 

38 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I doubt they’d enforce it literally. What they mean officially is to go to your specified actual ‘seat’.

They can’t say ‘stand’ on official club communications because technically it’s not really allowed.

Exactly Phileas. The club know full well people will stand in that section, they're fine with it, it's just a case of 'stand in front of your allocated seat that way we can pack the extra 10% in'. 

17 minutes ago, Leroyfromthestart said:

Just another attempt by the club to provoke a response from those in the singing section so they've got an excuse to make the singing section extinct.

The recent home game only a month or so ago (think it was Leeds) where 20 odd coppers were 'positioned' in the singing section was another failed attempt to break us up!

Unfortunately, the club know that at least one fan in the singing section won't abide by this and will ultimately use it against us!

I hate modern football and what the club/Bristol sport are doing to the core support! 

Are you typing this from the grassy knoll? 

4 minutes ago, Icelandic Clap said:

Exactly Phileas. The club know full well people will stand in that section, they're fine with it, it's just a case of 'stand in front of your allocated seat that way we can pack the extra 10% in'. 

Are you typing this from the grassy knoll? 

What if I do believe that the club/Bristol sport are conspiring against the singing section?

In my opinion the club are getting quite a lot of heat from SAG and football authorities after various things this season.

A problem will arise if someone senior from SAG is there...if they observe standing even after this edict put out...won't be good for us will it? Anyone senior from SAG would surely observe it in official report/feedback wouldn't they? :(

Archived