IGNORED

Steve McClaren

Eastred

3 minutes ago, Cider red said:

I'm happy for us to linger just outside second and be a 'little' team. He was complimentary but doesn't see us as a real threat.  Hope the restof the division hasthe same attitude.

He’s right in what he said!! We lack fire power and that’s what’s needed in these tight games. I thought he spoke well and so did Andrews. 

19 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

It’s the labour snowflake society we are living in I’m afraid 

Hmm. Not sure the Labour reference is relevant. Also the conservatives have been in power for quite a time, being a left leaning party (the party that founded the NHS) doesn't make you hyper sensitive.

Wetting your knickers over a pundit "disrespecting" your club crosses party lines - judging by some of the melts on here and out in the wild. :shifty:

21 minutes ago, RedDave said:

You should work for the sun or mail. Take one line of an interview and post it completely out of context. 

He was CLEARLY saying he would be surprised due to injuries and where we were last season.   

You are the idiot on this occasion 

Cheers mate and a good evening to you as a fellow City supporter...

4 minutes ago, Tom said:

Hmm. Not sure the Labour reference is relevant. Also the conservatives have been in power for quite a time, being a left leaning party (the party that founded the NHS) doesn't make you hyper sensitive.

Wetting your knickers over a pundit "disrespecting" your club crosses party lines - judging by some of the melts on here and out in the wild. :shifty:

well yes. Incidentally, the history of the welfare state... look liberal. They built the foundations. I thought Steve McLaren was very fair tonight. He wasnt going to be bullied into saying Derby were the better team. Some of our fans are far too sensitive

Thought he was very complimentary  about us and mentioned our injuries and lack of squad depth, both spot on. I think he was right about us missing something in attack. Our football's very good just missing those killer balls and that extra bit up front.

Thought russell for derby was a good example, got early decent balls to him, one touch, then he was away.

Personally, I find it highly amusing people call us ‘Bristol’. 

Just demonstrates how irrelevant The Sags are not just to us, but the rest of the football world.

Its starting to rile them now as well. They’re even phoning in to radio shows complaining that there’s two teams in Bristol. 

Loving it. Every time a pundit mentions ‘Bristol’, another dagger in the heart for the blue quarter of town. 

All together now, One Team in Bristol....

41 minutes ago, Tom said:

It wasn’t me wetting my knickers,the labour reference is relevant because it’s what this snowflake country is becoming thanks to labour,let’s moan about any old shite 

4 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

I dislike being called Bristol, I don't know any other two club cities have this problem. Being brought up on football, as we have been and also the pundits, I assume, it's something that I personally could never do. neither should they, very unprofessional .

Manchester United are called by pretty all much so called pundits by just united,should count ourselves lucky being called Bristol 

Aside from the standard "Bristol" label, I thought McClaren was fair all night until the baffling response to if Bristol City could challenge for 2nd; "No....they've done so well for a 'little' club. But they've just got so many injuries."

Steve you've just assessed a team going toe-to-toe with the incumbents of 2nd spot, following up by a semi-final with Manchester City in four days. On top of that , "Bristol" have 6 first-team players returning to bolster the Championship run-in, yet you write off our automatic chances and competing with hopefuls such as Derby, despite them only taking 1 point from us over 2 games this campaign?

Bizarre.

Archived