Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Eastred

Steve McClaren

2 minutes ago, Eastred said:

Just said on Sky Sports “Il be very surprised if they (Bristol City) get into the play offs.....

Another failed Manager giving an opinion on us.

Idiot

Is that who it was,thought it was the pope the amount of times he kept saying miracle 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

He also said:-

Johnson manager of the season if it ends now

Recognised our injury crisis.

Full of praise for individuals, notably Reid and Paterson.

....But because he dared to say he predicts we will struggle to maintain our promotion push, he must be an idiot.

Thanks for a normal response. OP one of those who loves to moan about ******* anything.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

He also said:-

Johnson manager of the season if it ends now

Recognised our injury crisis.

Full of praise for individuals, notably Reid and Paterson.

....But because he dared to say he predicts we will struggle to maintain our promotion push, he must be an idiot.

He’s clearly a idiot for trying to speak English Dutch 

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Eastred said:

Just said on Sky Sports “Il be very surprised if they (Bristol City) get into the play offs.....

Idiot

Who's the idiot ?Screenshot_20180119-192824.thumb.jpg.994bfb69156f6a6adbe7223110c1b6fb.jpg

1 minute ago, AshtonGreat said:

Does seem like an odd thing to say, considering how well we've done all season

As ChippenhamRed eluded to; he took notice of our injuries etc. If we continue to have bad luck with injuries, we won't finish top 6.

2 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Does seem like an odd thing to say, considering how well we've done all season

Don’t take one comment out of context as the whole story. He was full of praise and gave a balanced assessment. He thinks we’ll struggle to maintain it, that’s all. Don’t necessarily agree, but it’s a fair comment.

• Like 3

He's entitled to his opinion and given our current league form, I'm a little nervous too - although I haven't written off making it to the playoffs on the final day yet, our form does needs to change for the better very soon otherwise we face the real possibility that the slide will continue.

It'll only take one win though to turn get things back on track I'm sure (and of course Fam and Djuric to be match fit again).

Edited by Loco Rojo

47 minutes ago, Eastred said:

Idiot

It's just an opinion. That's what he's being paid for.

We need to turn that into a positive and prove him wrong!

1 hour ago, Eastred said:

Idiot

He gave a very balanced opinion imo...not sure where you are coming from

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eastred said:

Idiot

You should work for the sun or mail. Take one line of an interview and post it completely out of context. 

He was CLEARLY saying he would be surprised due to injuries and where we were last season.   

You are the idiot on this occasion 

Edited by RedDave
  • Like 1

Talking about the pen decision if VAR were to come in 'that would be a pen... but also a yellow for the dive' WTF! How can it be a dive and also a penalty?!

• Haha 1

Anyone who isn’t Dutch, but talks with a Dutch accent, must be a few colours short of a rainbow 

Nice words from him post-match about our performance. I don't know why people get so precious about what pundits say to be honest.

And I agree with him when he says we aren't likely to get automatic promotion. 

1 minute ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Very complimentary of our football and they way that Johnson has set this club's playing style up. Fair play.

Yes but he said something critical so we must call him an idiot.

• Like 1

I'm happy for us to linger just outside second and be a 'little' team. He was complimentary but doesn't see us as a real threat.  Hope the restof the division hasthe same attitude.

• Snake 1

2 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Very complimentary of our football and they way that Johnson has set this club's playing style up. Fair play.

I heard it as patronising, a little pat on the head and off we pop...

But then again I have had about 17 kronemborgs

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Cider red said:

I'm happy for us to linger just outside second and be a 'little' team. He was complimentary but doesn't see us as a real threat.  Hope the restof the division hasthe same attitude.

He’s right in what he said!! We lack fire power and that’s what’s needed in these tight games. I thought he spoke well and so did Andrews. 

Edited by Full nelson
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

It’s the labour snowflake society we are living in I’m afraid 

Hmm. Not sure the Labour reference is relevant. Also the conservatives have been in power for quite a time, being a left leaning party (the party that founded the NHS) doesn't make you hyper sensitive.

Wetting your knickers over a pundit "disrespecting" your club crosses party lines - judging by some of the melts on here and out in the wild. :shifty:

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, RedDave said:

You should work for the sun or mail. Take one line of an interview and post it completely out of context. 

He was CLEARLY saying he would be surprised due to injuries and where we were last season.   

You are the idiot on this occasion 

Cheers mate and a good evening to you as a fellow City supporter...

Wow. Sky studio chat all about City, mainly Bobby Reid, nothing at all about Derby- McLaren "only team trying to play football for 90ins, taking the game to Derby, brave substitutions"

4 minutes ago, Tom said:

Hmm. Not sure the Labour reference is relevant. Also the conservatives have been in power for quite a time, being a left leaning party (the party that founded the NHS) doesn't make you hyper sensitive.

Wetting your knickers over a pundit "disrespecting" your club crosses party lines - judging by some of the melts on here and out in the wild. :shifty:

well yes. Incidentally, the history of the welfare state... look liberal. They built the foundations. I thought Steve McLaren was very fair tonight. He wasnt going to be bullied into saying Derby were the better team. Some of our fans are far too sensitive

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

But a very good player for us....

He really wasn't.

The "very good player" was the one we swapped him for..

• Like 4

He was alright about us. Several times he made the point that we played the football. I agreed with everything he said tonight.

Edited by AppyDAZE

Thought he was very complimentary  about us and mentioned our injuries and lack of squad depth, both spot on. I think he was right about us missing something in attack. Our football's very good just missing those killer balls and that extra bit up front.

Thought russell for derby was a good example, got early decent balls to him, one touch, then he was away.

No need for anyone to get precious about this, he was pretty much spot on and also noticed that losing Baker hit us hard with Mags struggling. He's right in the fact we kept trying to play football but you always felt Derby were more likely to force a winner.

But, Steve, it's Bristol Ficking City not Bristol!!!!!!