IGNORED

Bobby Reid

steviestevieneville

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Don’t agree with every one of your views, ( some I do ) but they are your views and explained 

But ...... don’t you dare have an opinion on here atm that doesn’t follow the consensus 

Anyone would think it’s a forum !!

Whilst I don’t agree with everything they’ve written, his back and forth discussion with Ole a few weeks back about the Villa? game was interesting. Two opposite views from two eloquent posters. 

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Would be a great replacement if we lose Flinty !!

(Won’t happen though)

Nah, we have Bailey Wright.;)

In all seriousness, because they are such big guys I don't think Flint and Baker get enough credit for the intelligence of their defending.

16 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

...... don’t you dare have an opinion on here atm that doesn’t follow the consensus or the crusade

Derrida postulated that most agree or disagree for reasons other than than those one has articulated. Either way it matters not. As per the terrace it doesn't take long to fathom those with whom one can have a reasoned conversation and those who have problems in identifying the characteristics of a library, dimensions of their garden shed or for whom geography lessons weren't of interest. Matthew 5:5 needs revision; they may inherit the earth (Premiership excepted.)

That was a real positive for me last that when Diedhiou came on, it gave Reid a little more space and allowed him to go out wide and deep looking to get on the ball a bit more.

It really bodes well for rest of the season, I can see the partnership with Diedhiou working really well and this could be the key for success.

27 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Nah, we have Bailey Wright.;)

In all seriousness, because they are such big guys I don't think Flint and Baker get enough credit for the intelligence of their defending.

After his save on the line the sky commentator spent the rest of the game praising Flint”s reading of the game.

6 minutes ago, Barkhamred said:

After his save on the line the sky commentator spent the rest of the game praising Flint”s reading of the game.

Thanks, I missed that as I was watching using alternative means.:whistle:

Flint's warrior qualities tend to get most attention but this season his game has gone to another level imo. Much more than the head it, kick it player he has been called on here.:shifty:

A credit to him, our coaches and the influence of Baker I think.

35 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Derrida postulated that most agree or disagree for reasons other than than those one has articulated. Either way it matters not. As per the terrace it doesn't take long to fathom those with whom one can have a reasoned conversation and those who have problems in identifying the characteristics of a library, dimensions of their garden shed or for whom geography lessons weren't of interest. Matthew 5:5 needs revision; they may inherit the earth (Premiership excepted.)

Terrible formation :P

9 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

If that's what the market dictates then bite it's hand off.

As to your point he could play 'anywhere on the pitch': at the back or in goal he'd prove useless and in some opinion, mine own included, upfront he isn't much better.

However, if played in midfield.....

He did play in midfield, for years, without really progressing.

Even to the extent LJ talked of how he decided to try something new with him last season, to make him the '3rd man' in a move, relieving him of many of his more mundane midfield duties, instead playing him further forward with the aim of being the midfielder at the end of moves who got the chances to finish them off.

While this worked well in so far as getting him into shooting/scoring positions, it was eventually abandoned when his confidence evaporated after he kept on missing good chances. 

His days as a City midfielder looked numbered when he was dropped but, with the switch to playing as a forward this season, he has been an absolute revelation.

In his new position he's become a key player, one of the first names on the team sheet, and all credit to LJ and Bobby himself for that, because such a remarkable transformation never looked remotely likely.

I doubt he'll ever revert to his former position, where frankly his career was going nowhere. Now he's gained the confidence to tuck a reasonable number of his chances away, then along with his work rate, pressing, and all round game further up, he's far too valuable to the team where he is.

13 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

He did play in midfield, for years, without really progressing.

I think we'll agree to disagree.

I'd counter that Reid was usually deployed as a bit part, fill-in most often in underperforming squads. He's also signally improved since returning from The Pasties. As I've said elsewhere I think he's best placed at the front end of a midfield diamond where we tried, unsuccessfully, to deploy Freeman. I think that gives him options to exploit his vision and creativity plus chip in with goals when supporting outlets upfront. It's also noticeable that where we've struggled this term he quickly reverts dropping deep, or has WeeLee drop him back as part of our desperation ploy.

Either way it'll be interesting to see what transpires.

7 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

I think we'll agree to disagree.

I'd counter that Reid was usually deployed as a bit part, fill-in most often in underperforming squads. He's also signally improved since returning from The Pasties. As I've said elsewhere I think he's best placed at the front end of a midfield diamond where we tried, unsuccessfully, to deploy Freeman. I think that gives him options to exploit his vision and creativity plus chip in with goals when supporting outlets upfront. It's also noticeable that where we've struggled this term he quickly reverts dropping deep, or has WeeLee drop him back as part of our desperation ploy.

Either way it'll be interesting to see what transpires.

Yep, absolutely we can agree to disagree, but whatever we think of his contribution to the team prior to this season it's pretty clear to me he's having a dramatically positive effect on the team and our over all game now which had rarely been the case previously. There were always flashes, but no vital consistency.

The importance of his goals cannot be underestimated either - we could look at every forward in the country and say they could/should score more, but his tally is impressive, and likely to improve more regularly again now Diedhiou is back.

I think LJ, even as BR's most enthusiastic advocate, had more or less given up on him becoming a Championship midfielder at BCFC under his guidance after last season, hence the move forward, and it's overwhelming success means there will be no going back.

Archived