IGNORED

Bristol Inner City Football Academy.

Whites

Hi, 

I was just reading about Opi Edwards and noticed he was plucked from the academy mentioned in the thread name. 

One of my boys has recently been invited to join and was wondering if anyone has had any personal experiences with them? I spoke to the guy who runs the age group my boy would be in and it sounds very good. 

Couldn't see any reviews or anything as such online so wondered if anyone knew anything about them? 

Cheers, 

Whites. 

Yep, very good coaching, my son was there for 6 yrs, play against strong opposition , JPL league and against pro academy’s.

the standard is high and tests the boys mental, physical capabilities  

My opinion go for it he’ll learn and progress a lot, also a platform to get into an academy, if that’s what you want. 

3 hours ago, Whites said:

Hi, 

I was just reading about Opi Edwards and noticed he was plucked from the academy mentioned in the thread name. 

One of my boys has recently been invited to join and was wondering if anyone has had any personal experiences with them? I spoke to the guy who runs the age group my boy would be in and it sounds very good. 

Couldn't see any reviews or anything as such online so wondered if anyone knew anything about them? 

Cheers, 

Whites. 

I have a bit of knowledge of BIC (Patrick and co). I would not recommend any development centre because they are all different. It is a case of does your Son like the environment, coaches, and the learning style they use.

Development centre football is a LOT different to normal junior football. An advantage is that the kids will be playing with a higher standard of player normally than their club side, centres often follow syllabuses coached by level 2 and above coaches, the behaviour of kids is more disciplined as they want to be there and improve, which generally leads to better learning environment.

There is also South Gloucester, North Somerset, South West Academy and Micheal Meaker (No1 football academy)running development training /teams.

A idea is taking the taster sessions and speaking to parents, getting significant time at the centre could indicate a high turn over - Are they developing players or making money?

My 3 lads have or still play for North Somerset FD and I have seen plenty of lads go to pro-clubs like City, Rovers, Newport, Cheltenham. Will Dawes at the age of 17 was in the Cheltenham first-team squad vs Coventry the other week. Harry Warwick another 17 year old is at Rovers. Kieran Smith 17 at City. Several are playing for Mickey Bell at Clevedon Town now also.

Good if your child wants try getting to the next level. Hard work and determination are key.

Archived