IGNORED

Man City on Tuesday

Robbored

Just saw them murder Newcastle 3-1 with Aquero bagging a hat trick. They were awesome and Rio Ferdinand and Frank Lampard were both cooing about how slick and pacy they are.......

Having played us at the Etihad Pep now knows  exactly what to expect when they show up on Tuesday and will have worked out how to take advantage of the high press his team faced last time. I'm also pretty sure he'll play as strong as possible starting 11 and quite frankly I'm concerned that the deadly Aguero will be a starter. His movement is simply awesome.........:facepalm:

Should we manage to beat them 1-0 then we have a Wembley day out to look forward to and if we lose then the terrific cup run will have been a magnificent achievement.

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

1-0 takes it to extra time.

If and only if it's 1-0 after extra time do away goals kick in.

Yes.

Which is stupid. 

Away goals should count after normal time, but not after extra, for obvious reasons. 

Another joke of a governance decision by the fine institutions which oversee our beautiful game. 

I think we’re all realistic here. The chances of us pulling this off are what - 5%, 10%?

But I know what I believe

And that is, this team, where there is that 5% or 10% chance will fight. Until they drop.

And it’s also that we have a manager who will have a plan. Which won’t involve parking the bus, but may just shock Pep.

Its a punchers chance we have. But we’re fighters. And I believe.

When we drew M City I wasn't really looking forward to these games but the 2-1 defeat and the way we played up there has given us a small chance, I thought the game would be over after the first leg, really glad we stopped the rot last night, The Gate will be rocking like it hasn't rocked for a long time the chance of a major cup final doesn't come around very often just being in the semi with Manchester, Chelsea and the Arse is a magnificent achievement in its self, the whole country bar Man City and the blue few will be behind us, get an early goal and its game on. I'm usually a pessimist but have a feeling we might just do this and make a bit of history.

43 minutes ago, reformed_red said:

Yes.

Which is stupid. 

Away goals should count after normal time, but not after extra, for obvious reasons. 

Another joke of a governance decision by the fine institutions which oversee our beautiful game. 

I agree: it's an hybrid version of the original rule,that makes our task even tougher.

5 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

What makes me laugh are the odds...............MC 1/66 to get through , and you would assume City would be about 40/1....not a bit of it  FOURTEEN to ****** ONE, talk about taking the piss !

We were 40-1 to win the entire cup the day after the first leg.

Players at the highest level can go their whole career without playing in a major cup final at Wembley. If I was a Bristol City player I would be right up for this one, they know what Man City are all about now and what to expect. Yes they will need a large slice of luck and the ball to bounce for us but shocks do and can happen if the opposition are not on it. I thought we had a 20% chance of beating Man U, think it's about 5% this game but will be there to soak up the atmosphere and to watch some of the best players in the world play against my beloved City

Who knows what can happen? Man City`s preparations/travel plans could be disrupted as Man Utd`s were, they could have a bug running through the camp, they might just be off their game, they might underestimate us (that being the most unlikely scenario though) and we might play out of our skins.

It`s what makes football the wonderful thing it is and why we all love it so much.

I`m still thinking of the dream I had last week where Fammy scores the winner in front of the SS (he hits one from the edge of the box and it goes in the right hand bottom corner), wheels away with his arm up Mick Channon style and runs to S82 to celebrate.

It`s gonna happen I tells thee.

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

Strangely we would be better off sitting back and hoping for 0-0 after 80 and then spanking it up to Diedhiou and Flint for the last 10.

Grab a late un, keep it tight for ET and job done.

Hi Lee

Thanks for taking time on  Saturday night to come on here and let fans know your thinking for Tuesday's tactics.

Is this how you will put it across to the players before the game?

It's another 'Free shot' Tuesday, absolutely nothing to lose.  We will need a lot of luck, and to play a bit better than the last two games.
It's still possible , unlikely , but possible.

Reid first goal and 1-1 85/1 , or  City to win on Pens 80/1. Just saying :cool:

Did they pick up any knocks today??

Guess we will know by Monday. same for FF and NB.

Hey it's 11 v 11. We know we have to at least score in the 90 and not let one in. Extra time may work for us or against us, if it comes to it. Same can be said of Manchester City.

What they wont have is a Prawn sandwich Premier League crowd...It will be intense from the off!

9 minutes ago, That Louie Donowa goal said:

Maybe wrong here but against Forest in our last semi final we drew 1-1 away and then 0-0 at Home, Alan Walsh hitting the post late on.

Anyway I believe away goals only counted after extra time then.

So without this rule we would of reached a major cup final by now.

You've forgotten Garry Parker!

Edit: Forget this post too - it was in extra time, so got your point.

5 minutes ago, That Louie Donowa goal said:

Maybe wrong here but against Forest in our last semi final we drew 1-1 away and then 0-0 at Home, Alan Walsh hitting the post late on.

The rule as is now, applied then, would see us go out. I can't remember if it would have been Pens in 89 if NF had not scored in extra time, but I think so!

I don't see any need for away goals to apply in the League Cup differently than UEFA and FIFA competitions. But hey!

7 minutes ago, That Louie Donowa goal said:

They scored in extra time , so if the rule was in the 90 as common sense would have it, we would have . Probably won it too. 
Really hope it's 3rd time Lucky. 

Spurs         X
Forest.       X
Man Citeh  ?

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

Strangely we would be better off sitting back and hoping for 0-0 after 80 and then spanking it up to Diedhiou and Flint for the last 10.

Grab a late un, keep it tight for ET and job done.

Why waste time exerting ourselves and not go for two in those last 10 minutes. Sure lee would go for this option!

Archived