IGNORED

Loïs Diony - Confirmed Loan Agreed

Negan

A link from a French paper I'm assuming - http://peuple-vert.fr/breves/mercato-club-chypriote-trois-clubs-anglais-rangs-enroler-lois-diony/

Lois Diony whose name is quoted on the side of Toulouse, has also attracted the eye of other formations. The brand new Twitter account @Fr_All_Mercato think it knows that a Greek club and three English clubs are on the ranks...
Asse took the lead in proposing Lois Diony in Toulouse to repatriate Andy Delort to Asse. A project that is very likely not to pack the TFC. However, other doors open for the "goalscorer" Etienne. Indeed, the Cypriots of the Apoel Nicosia would be interested in the profile of the attacker. Same thing for Swansea in Premier League, Bristol City and Brentford in Championship. Moreover, his profile would also interest the side of Germany...
So, offers could happen pretty quickly on Roland Romeyer's desk. Will they only live up to the expectations of ASSE...? That's another story

Interesting. The last few random rumours from France have been spot on. Even the Lys Mousset one a few years ago had something to it.

Previously I would say if Swansea are in for the player as well as us, then it's no contest. This season has shown us in a completely different light, and because of that, I think we would have as good, if not a better chance of beating them to his signature (if true).

6 minutes ago, RedDave said:

What an awful goalscoring record

The stats don't tell us about all the other aspects of his game though. What is he like at linking play, closing down opponents, does he have the right DNA off the pitch? It also doesn't tell you his goals to shots/chances ratio, just how many he scored. If someone from outside was looking at Tammys record this season they would be unimpressed too, but he has had very, very poor service compared to last season.

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

The stats don't tell us about all the other aspects of his game though. What is he like at linking play, closing down opponents, does he have the right DNA off the pitch? It also doesn't tell you his goals to shots/chances ratio, just how many he scored. If someone from outside was looking at Tammys record this season they would be unimpressed too, but he has had very, very poor service compared to last season.

Absolutely. Was just commenting on that one aspect.  

Kept Dijon (a very small club) up virtually single handed last season, then got a move to one of France's bigger clubs in St.Etienne, but they are a total mess this season.

As for his scoring record, in the two seasons before this one for Dijon he scored 22 in 64 games, with one season in Ligue 1 & one in Ligue 2, not shabby.

Heavily linked with Birmingham in the summer, Bournemouth have shown an interest in the past and now Swansea, too.

The infamous YouTube highlights show why we would be interested, a strong, pacey player who could complement Fammy, as Negan has already said at the right club he could be decent.

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I understand that, but with the kind of players we sign, I get the impression that this is one of the last stats they look at when scouting a player. How much they affect the game in all aspects, seems to be more to the fore.

14 minutes ago, RedDave said:

It’s not awful though is it?  1 in 4 If just taking the black and white figures.  The mythical "you’ve got to get 1 in 2" to be decent is reserved for the top few in each division.

Good insight from @GrahamC, @Port Said Red and @Negan, gives a much more rounded view.

Diedhiou got 8/31 last season in Ligue 1, this guy 10/31 in a relegation threatened side.  Got his big money move to St Etienne, where from a goalscoring perspective it hasn’t gone well.  St Etienne also struggling.

Hmm, I've just had a read of their forum and they aren't impressed with him to say the least. '10Kg too heavy' and a 'fragile mind' doesn't sound too good but they admit they are playing him in the wrong position.

I read from page 325 onwards, translated obviously.

http://www.poteaux-carres.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=23504&hilit=Diony&start=8200

38 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

He only signed for St Etienne in the summer , 4 million  euros quoted. He hasn't had a good time of it and they want to offload him already ! 

Make of that what you will.

4 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Hmm, I've just had a read of their forum and they aren't impressed with him to say the least. '10Kg too heavy' and a 'fragile mind' doesn't sound too good but they admit they are playing him in the wrong position.

Another Tomlin?

14 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Another Tomlin?

No idea Downend but his move to St Etienne sounds like it's been a bad one, yet they must have seen something in him to pay a big fee for his services as @JonDolman said. LJ's 'character' interview would find out if he's our type of player I guess, IF there's anything in this at all.

25 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

No idea Downend but his move to St Etienne sounds like it's been a bad one, yet they must have seen something in him to pay a big fee for his services as @JonDolman said. LJ's 'character' interview would find out if he's our type of player I guess, IF there's anything in this at all.

Just like we did with Tomln.

my previous comment was slightly tongue in cheek, and I agree with you that he must have had something about him for them to pay such a fee.

Sometimes a player just doesn't fit at a club, nut isn;t a bad player. Perhaps he might have BCFC DNA if we are interested in him.

2 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Just like we did with Tomln.

my previous comment was slightly tongue in cheek, and I agree with you that he must have had something about him for them to pay such a fee.

Sometimes a player just doesn't fit at a club, nut isn;t a bad player. Perhaps he might have BCFC DNA if we are interested in him.

Totally appreciated fella but it could be spot on for all we know, most of us have no idea. :thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Totally appreciated fella but it could be spot on for all we know, most of us have no idea. :thumbsup:

Good thing about not being ITK - we can speculate to our hearts content! 

Archived