IGNORED

Loïs Diony - Confirmed Loan Agreed

Negan

2 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I'm just down the ring road from your old stamping ground Downend and it's pouring down here! :( 

On transfers, ignorance is bliss but I quite enjoy the speculation TBH.

It's a reflection on how far we've come so quickly auto the quality of some of the players we are linked with. On the other hand I never cease to be amazed how many players are rumoured or suggested, that I have never heard of.

Some of the names I'm convinced are made up! 

14 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

The stats don't tell us about all the other aspects of his game though. What is he like at linking play, closing down opponents, does he have the right DNA off the pitch? It also doesn't tell you his goals to shots/chances ratio, just how many he scored. If someone from outside was looking at Tammys record this season they would be unimpressed too, but he has had very, very poor service compared to last season.

And his record is actually decent up until this season, was a bizarre comment.

4 minutes ago, bigbash said:

Translate to

Lois Diony is expected to be leased to Bristol City club with purchase option

---------------

another link, this account has over 8000 follows.

Interesting - difficult to tell from that whether it's just a re-posting of the earlier rumour of whether there's something in it

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Interesting - difficult to tell from that whether it's just a re-posting of the earlier rumour of whether there's something in it

I can't really see why a Ligue 1 Turkish fans account would know before any source from France?

Just now, Rocky said:

Lots of French media picking up on this now. 

€8M mentioned in one article but that might be what his current club paid for him?

Transfermarkt says £9.00m transfer from Dijon to St Etienne....but only valuing him currently at £5.4m.

4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

This possibly looks like our boy then. Big gamble given his form this season. We really need players that can hit the ground running but assume we've done our homework...

Although I take your point, it is not a gamble in the grand scheme of things; we have him on loan for the next three months or so. During that time LJ and his staff will be able to have a good look at him before commiting the club to a substantial transfer fee.

1 minute ago, Sarumred said:

Although I take your point, it is not a gamble in the grand scheme of things; we have him on loan for the next three months or so. During that time LJ and his staff will be able to have a good look at him before commiting the club to a substantial transfer fee.

Take your point completely. But if we're looking for an immediate impact then it remains a gamble of sorts if he is to be our man that we pin our hopes on to progress this season. Very happy to trust in LJ, MA and the team though given where we are at the moment and how they've turned things around so well.  Here's hoping he hits the ground running if the rumours are true. 

2 minutes ago, lenred said:

Take your point completely. But if we're looking for an immediate impact then it remains a gamble of sorts if he is to be our man that we pin our hopes on to progress this season. Very happy to trust in LJ, MA and the team though given where we are at the moment and how they've turned things around so well.  Here's hoping he hits the ground running if the rumours are true. 

I'm sure he won't be the guy we pin our hopes on. Diedhiou and Reid are those guys. Honestly the idea of us buying a £10m striker now never quite sat right with me, unless he was definitely going to be able to play our game immediately and didn't have stupidly high wages - unlikely.

Put it this way - I'd rather give him a go than Woodrow at the moment.

2 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

I'm sure he won't be the guy we pin our hopes on. Diedhiou and Reid are those guys. Honestly the idea of us buying a £10m striker now never quite sat right with me, unless he was definitely going to be able to play our game immediately and didn't have stupidly high wages - unlikely.

Yes, and also taylor, engvall and maybe djuric too. 

1 minute ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Exactly. Realistically the likes of Afobe, Grabban, Abraham and other names mentioned recently would've been on absurd wages for us. I could never see us paying 8 figures for Hugill either.

It sounds like it's a loan with a view to a permanent so low risk, his wages won't break the bank.. having 2 French speaking forwards will benefit both him and Famara. Seems sensible based on those factors if it's true.

Can't comment on his ability because I'd never heard of him before this thread! Some decent stats from last season though - 11 goals and 8 assists in 38 games which is pretty solid.

It's also worth reiterating for anyone joining this late and bemoaning his lack of goals this season, he's playing in a side struggling badly in Ligue 1, so it's not like Neymar and Di Maria are teeing up open goals for him to miss.

If Johnson and co want him, he'll have been identified as someone who will fit in the team the terms of style. He and Diedhiou could have a good understanding too.

Archived