IGNORED

City Number Plates

BCFChris

On 21/01/2018 at 14:37, BCFChris said:

What would be a prized number plate for a city fan to own? Here's a few I have come up with:

GA5 5HIT

Any more?

On 21/01/2018 at 15:48, Drew Peacock said:

I don't think DVLA let out plates that can contain a rude word

I know what we all think of them, but surprised that the DVLA see Gas as a rude word!

14 hours ago, Elruliri said:

I've recently got the WE08 GAS. Now what to put it on. I'm not putting it on the Mrs people carrier. I need something red and white and a bit sporty. Any ideals I'm thinking a m3 or a5???

On a “Little Red Corvette” you'd be the Prince of Bristle?

15 hours ago, Elruliri said:

I've recently got the WE08 GAS. Now what to put it on. I'm not putting it on the Mrs people carrier. I need something red and white and a bit sporty. Any ideals I'm thinking a m3 or a5???

An M3! a car with blue and white quarters on the front and back.

On 21/01/2018 at 23:06, Norn Iron said:

Over here in Norn Iron, you'll get number plates which start with three letters and then up to  four numbers. A single digit used to refer to a tractor. 

My favourite band is XTC. If I'd only lived a few miles further south I could have had a reg plate featuring Swindon's finest without having to pay a load of extra dosh to Swansea.

Not exactly City related, but it is plate related!

Not City related either, but when I was growing up in Melksham in the 70s a local building firm had a mini van with the number AAA 999. I often wonder what happened to that plate. 

1 hour ago, BS10 RED said:

Off topic a little bit but does anyone know how to contact a person with a specific number plate? There's ways to check what car it is on but obviously none of the persons details. There is a plate i want and currently its on a car i'm guessing is worth less than the actual plate.

Hi BS10,

I knew someone who had the same dilemma. In the end he stuck a letter onto the windscreen. He got a call a few months later. Job done!

• Admin
12 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

did that used to be on a dark red rolls Royce? if so,i worked on that at winford rd garages in the 80s

12 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

It always used to be parked in the Williams stand car park.

It is still used as an avatar on this forum!

That's Marina Dolman's car isn't it?

5 hours ago, phantom said:

did that used to be on a dark red rolls Royce? if so,i worked on that at winford rd garages in the 80s

It always used to be parked in the Williams stand car park.

It is still used as an avatar on this forum!

That's Marina Dolman's car isn't it?

Indeed, and @Marina's Rolls Royce uses it as his/her avatar.

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Indeed, and @Marina's Rolls Royce uses it as his/her avatar.

I was taken to my first ever match in it hence the name- that and my partner is Marina - not Dolman although I guess she was a babe in her day... at least that's what my grandad said when he used to go to HD's offices in the 60's when she was his secretary!

Archived